Favourite perfumes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My favourite used to be Deep Night by Ghost, I wore it every day to a job that I ended up absolutely hating so I had to stop wearing the perfume cos it reminded me of that. Now I can’t stand the smell of it. 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 6
My favourite used to be Deep Night by Ghost, I wore it every day to a job that I ended up absolutely hating so I had to stop wearing the perfume cos it reminded me of that. Now I can’t stand the smell of it. 😅
It’s so true though how fragrances remind you of certain things and different times in your life. Such a shame an awful job ruined it for you!

Reactions: 3
I’m looking to buy La Belle by JPG, I adore the smell, but is it too heavy for summer?

Also, does anyone know of any other pear perfumes out there? Not Jimmy Choo EDP, it’s got way too much Patchouli for me, I can’t get on board with it

Reactions: 1
I've been loving reading this thread! Definitely agree with how fragrances strongly remind you of different times in your life. There was a perfume I wore all the time around 2002/2003 era- Gucci eau de parfum which was a deep brown colour in a heavy square bottle. It was my first expensive perfume. Sadly it was discontinued ages ago but I recently brought a sample of it on ebay. I keep sniffing it and am instantly transported back to that time in my life. I'm 40 now so I was early 20s then, living in Torquay and out all the time dancing to early Justin Timberlake and Destiny's Child :-D

Reactions: 4
I've been loving reading this thread! Definitely agree with how fragrances strongly remind you of different times in your life. There was a perfume I wore all the time around 2002/2003 era- Gucci eau de parfum which was a deep brown colour in a heavy square bottle. It was my first expensive perfume. Sadly it was discontinued ages ago but I recently brought a sample of it on ebay. I keep sniffing it and am instantly transported back to that time in my life. I'm 40 now so I was early 20s then, living in Torquay and out all the time dancing to early Justin Timberlake and Destiny's Child :-D
I used to love that one! I don’t even know what happened to my bottle, I didn’t use it all up, so it must’ve got lost between house moves.

Going back further, my first perfume that I really loved and repeat bought, or had repeat bought for me as birthday presents etc, was Safari. Anyone remember that one? Must have been late 80s / early 90s. It was in a round cut glass bottle. I don’t think I could describe the fragrance, it wasn’t particularly floral at all. Loved it.

I am gutted that Marc Jacobs discontinued Dot.
I am gutted that Marc Jacobs discontinued Dot.
I dont know if you are in Europe Im in Ireland but if you are looking for ordinary Dot the red one Ive seen it on All Beauty for €42 for the 50ml and its in Boots €70 for the 50 ml I definately must get a back up bottle it is such an easy everyday perfume to wear.

I’m looking to buy La Belle by JPG, I adore the smell, but is it too heavy for summer?

Also, does anyone know of any other pear perfumes out there? Not Jimmy Choo EDP, it’s got way too much Patchouli for me, I can’t get on board with it
The La Belle is so beautiful and projects and lasts so well it is not like Jimmy Choo at all that perfume gave me the worst migraine bought it with such high hopes, I think you could wear La Belle in summer I have it on today, but then again Im in Ireland where its never too warm I know Scandal A Paris has pear and I thought it was lovely but on my skin it is a bit masculine

Last edited:

Juliet has a gun has a new pear perfume out I'm sure

What do you girls think of Oud Ispahan by Dior? :) I’m thinking of purchasing. I have the mini and it’s lovely and lasts ages, very unique

I’m probably a basic witch but I just want to smell beautiful. I can’t get into these niche brands or whatever a lot of YouTubers try to shill. I don’t want to smell like tobacco and leather, thanks!
Couldn't agree more. A lot of niche fragrances make me feel queasy. I'm a basic mainstream witch all the way!

Shisheido used to do a perfume called Feminite du Bois, in a dark purple bottle, that was lovely, sort of woody. It’s still available as a vintage perfume but very expensive.

I’d love to be able to go back and smell all these perfumes again.

In a nostalgic vein, does anyone remember Les Belles De Ricci perfume from the 90s? In the green bottle? I remember I got some as a teenager, my first proper perfume, used to use it sparingly and usually sticking to wildly spraying impulse 02 all over the place for everyday use 😂

• Haha
It’s so true though how fragrances remind you of certain things and different times in your life. Such a shame an awful job ruined it for you!
It is very true! I had loads of it too cos my family used to get me a bottle for Christmas and my birthday every year. Ended up giving it all away. Smelling it just put me back in that terrible job with even more terrible people. :sick:

• Sad
I’ve just blind bought the DKNY Coconut one as it was quite cheap for 50ml. I’ll let you be achy lovers know what it’s like.

Reactions: 6
Im 35 and i've been wearing it for about 10 years on and off! It is 'of a certain era' and not modern at all but its also an absolute classic and has that lovely soapy smell.
I dislike Chanel 5. Years ago, a woman in my office wore it. She must have had a terrible diet or bowel problem, because she was always doing extremely foul smelling number 2s at work and spraying the cubicle with Chanel No5. Unfortunately, it didn't get rid of the stench, it just sort of mixed in with it, leaving a pooey/No5 combination in the air which hung around for hours and made me heave. Now, every time I smell Chanel No5 all I can smell is pooh.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
Gross!

I hate when people over spray really strong perfumes at work. One woman used to drench herself in Chloe, a scent I hate anyway but especially when over sprayed

Another one used to drench herself in Bath and Body Works Coconut, when she walked past you could taste coconut. You could even smell her before you had seen her

It's so inconsiderate

• Sick
Reactions: 2
Gross!

I hate when people over spray really strong perfumes at work. One woman used to drench herself in Chloe, a scent I hate anyway but especially when over sprayed

Another one used to drench herself in Bath and Body Works Coconut, when she walked past you could taste coconut. You could even smell her before you had seen her

It's so inconsiderate
They must think because they can’t smell it on themselves that nobody else can, therefore keep spraying more until they’re drowning in the stuff. It’s so off putting. Fragrance can be such a beautiful thing, but equally it can make you want to run a mile!

Someone on this thread mentioned La Vie Est Belle Cristal Soleil, I just sniffed it and I'm in love!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.