Favourite perfumes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What are your preferences (sweet, fruity, floral, green etc) and what kind of perfumes would suit your personality?
Do you prefer a classic perfume or something more niche?

My initial thought would have been something like Angel or Alien or Jean Paul Gaultier (Scandal maybe?), these are noticeable classic perfumes.

Generally I think Jo Malone or Diptyque is nice for weddings, but their smells are usually light and there aren't many that are "winter perfumes".

Maybe I would also try something from Hermes or Chanel (No 5? Coco?) or La Vie es belle.

Seeing as two replies have included 2 of my fav perfumes maybe I need to go for either one of them although tempted to get a new perfume for my wedding.

I love ysl cinema and lancôme la vie est belle.😍
I also have Coco mademoiselle.

Seeing as two replies have included 2 of my fav perfumes maybe I need to go for either one of them although tempted to get a new perfume for my wedding.

I love ysl cinema and lancôme la vie est belle.😍
I also have Coco mademoiselle.
If I were you I would go for a long time favourite scent of yours, but I also understand the notion of wanting to get something new for the wedding.

I've not tried it myself, but a lot of people love Mac Turquatica which is a good price and sounds like what you're after.
I was going to suggest that too. Have never owned it but it smells lovely.

After canceling our wedding 4 times we've finally got a date for December next year....so my question is what would you recommend for a winter wedding perfume?
I want it to be special
Most wedding perfumes seem to be geared up for spring/summer.
Any ideas?!
These are some of my favourite "winter" scents... I find they smell better in the cooler weather but that may be in my mind.

Mimosa and Cardamom - Jo Malone
Guilty - Gucci
Chance - Chanel

I love Tommy Girl for a classic every day scent and ALWAYS get complimented on it but it is getting near impossible to find. Any alternative suggestions?
I recently smelled Green Tea by Elizabeth Arden recently, I know it is an oldie but I really liked it. I also love Clinique Happy for an easy every day scent.

Reactions: 1
Oh my godddd I was about to comment this. I’m obsessed with this. I don’t have a bottle anymore but I wore it constantly about 10 years ago. Best smell ever.
I was just thinking about britney spears perfumes the other day and how much I loved them when I was teenager! I might have to look this one out again!

I love it still after over 10 years! Every birthday/ Christmas I always ask for some so I have a constant supply 😆

All time favourites since I was 15, Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy. Such a nice fruity smell. I'll be so upset if it's ever discontinued 😭
View attachment 602427
Christina Aguilera's perfume was actually gorgeous too lol. Can't remember the name of it but it had a black lace design on the bottle, always hot compliments wearing it. Haven't seen it anywhere for years so probably discontinued now.

Reactions: 2
Anyone like Chanel Gabrielle? I bought a bottle but I don’t wear it often. I do really love the smell though 🥰

Did you try any of the Dior Poison ones? Possibly Pure Poison?

I worked in the perfume shop for a few years then on various perfume counters in duty free.
My top 5 of all time in no particular order -
Gucci by Gucci (my absolute all time favourite, discontinued 😭)
Flowerbomb
Kenzo Amour
Coco Mademoiselle
Tom Ford Ombré Leather - closest I’ve found to the Gucci above.
Absolutely love Kenzo Amour!

Christina Aguilera's perfume was actually gorgeous too lol. Can't remember the name of it but it had a black lace design on the bottle, always hot compliments wearing it. Haven't seen it anywhere for years so probably discontinued now.
Is it this one Columbo? Looks like its available at Boots & Fragrance Direct. I might have to try it! :giggle:
20210604_195441.jpg

One of the only perfumes I’ve had which I’d rebuy is Armani Si. Just love the smell of it sooo much 😍

YSL Opium & Dior Addict, not a fan of the name though.
I keep my perfumes in the fridge, feels nice on a hot day.

Anyone like Chanel Gabrielle? I bought a bottle but I don’t wear it often. I do really love the smell though 🥰
It’s stunning but I don’t wear it a lot either. I find it very classic and slightly mature so I only wear it on certain occasions and with certain outfits lol.

My friend gave me a spritz of her Molecule One the other day and I wasn't fussed on it at all but did asked what I was wearing twice that day 🤷‍♀️ I didn't find it that special but I guess we all like different things. I was the same with the Dior Pure Poison, I wore it as my husband bought it for me, I didn't like it but everyone else did 😂 Poison Girl is one of my favourites, it's amazing 😍

My friend gave me a spritz of her Molecule One the other day and I wasn't fussed on it at all but did asked what I was wearing twice that day 🤷‍♀️ I didn't find it that special but I guess we all like different things. I was the same with the Dior Pure Poison, I wore it as my husband bought it for me, I didn't like it but everyone else did 😂 Poison Girl is one of my favourites, it's amazing 😍
Love Poison Girl, i will be pissed if they discontinue it like they did Midnight Poison.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.