Fathering Autism

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anyone see how they add a large square of butter to the top of each generous portion of steak? Omg, no wonder! And Abbey eats portions for a 300 lb. person & was still hungry. Fat on top of fat foods! Also, expensive meals! That should be a 1x/year meal, not weekly+.

Reactions: 1
Expense wise, You can have it everyday when selling a worldwide logo for autism/YouTube off as your own design on basic clothing items! His subscribers have brought the t.shirt he was wearing and then he critiqued the design and then pushed the sales even more! I’m sure Abbie does need to calm down sometimes but did you hear the safety gate whilst she was trying get out of her room, for her age I’m not sure if that was a good practice or not. Also now people want to see the ‘ real life’ which makes sense but in their case does this mean more set ups for Abbie so they can show their calm parenting? I just don’t know what to make of it all. However I do feel Isiah is more assertive and was talked over less since leaving for college maybe he’s realised a few things also?

Asa eating the potatoes off the tray which annoys me because it’s him but I probably would’ve done the same they did look nice! When Abbie did it though it was a problem, they know she’s going eat them if they are there so just put them out of sight? I agree she had a enough food beforehand but given the fact she’s going keep going for more shouldn’t they have just moved them after serving.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
I dont understand Abby being so restricted on eating. Is it because she will eat until she gets sick? If that has been the case in the past is it possible that her body is changing and she really is hungry? How do they know that she isn't hungry? If so couldnt they let her have access to healthy snacks in appropriate portions. When Asa was eating off of the stove I thought "How can you eat in front of your child and tell them that they can't have any."
And why tell the embarrassing story about Abby coming into the room in front of them nude. Come on...that is so not necessary. Do they think she hasn't the ability to be hurt and embarrassed. I wish they would stop and ask themselves "If Abby knows more than we believe..would Abby be embarrassed that we say, share or do this?"
I watch because I find myself caring about Abby. I enjoy her accomplishments and sweetness. People would wonder why I watch it if I disapprove of some of what they do. Sometimes I enjoy the interaction of the family. They can seem like good caring funny people. But they got what my grammaw would say
" To big for their britches." I really really liked them. In a way I still do. I just don't like the things they are doing. I wonder..why is You tube encouraging these shows? And aren't parents ever afraid of getting into trouble. I dunno.

Last edited:
@Morningstar I think she has a condition meaning she will never get full and will just continue eating non stop. I also wonder if the constant asking for food is also from past reinforcement from ABA just a thought. I do also think she may be getting more hungry now due to her age and hormones so they could offer fruit or salad sticks rather than a straight no always but I’m not sure how her condition works if honest.

Isaiah is a Sr. in HS...

Abbie has PICA (hers is nonstop eating)...

I too enjoyed the family in the beginning.

Excellent point about the naked Abbie story! I didn’t even think about how not right that would be if she were typical. Yikes. Because it’s often a normal part of autism, it doesn’t need to be mentioned. The Dr’s, Nurse’s, educators, & google can fill the parent or caregiver in. It doesn’t have to be Asa, the god of autism.

And you’d think the YouTube logo would be trademarked. Money hungry family all off the backs of Abbie who has behaviors of a human raised by monkeys.

I felt bad for Isaiah too. Does Asa ever consider that he is a young man and might be embarrassed that his Dad shared the nudity episode with the whole world? That man needs to take parenting classes not give them. He doesn't like when anyone says anything negative about him but he seems to think his kids have no right to object to being mocked, embarrassed or made fun of. I have always hated to see a parent have diarrhea of the mouth and tell things their kids should be able to trust their parent not to share with others. The spotlight seems to blind one of common sense and couthe.

Anyone can see that she has the mental age of a toddler. But he still thinks it’s okay to profit $1-$1,000+ on his daughter’s very personal bladder & bowel accidents. If only he listened to that little voice in his head that tells him it’s wrong to exploit her.

And why does P rub her entire hand on her face so often? It looks so awkward & childish. She even took both hands off the steering wheel to dramatically wipe rain off her face? 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 3
I was almost taken in when they were giving things to the homeless. I mean they do seem to be very nice people. But on the heels of giving to the homeless As a is talking about how he wants his parents to be proud of him and what he has done. He wants the house perfect to impress them. Then they need more stuff to fill the shelves in the guest suite and the sink is ugly so we need to switch it out and fancy it up. Cha ching Cha ching Cha Ching. Seems they have worn cash registers out from the continual use. A whole tree gave its life for the paper for the receipts. If you didn't know the bottom line of why the income is in existence in the first place one could be happy for these seemingly wonderful people. Granted it takes a lot of work to spin the machine that cranks out the PR and keeps Annie in the spot light. No matter how miserable she looks or how many times she refuses to perform for the camera, guests or strangers. Only to be one way or another coerced into cooperating. When they are giving yet another your of the estate, throwing yet more steak on the grill, buying more and more stuff to fill the castle walls..I think of someone else. I think of the family who struggles every day just to feed, clothe and put a roof over the heads of every child disabled or not. I think of the moms and dads..gramma and gramps who watch this show and cry because they only wish they could live like the Maass family. Have the resources, free gifts at every turn and free food from people like As a does when he can more than afford to buy their own. The ever constant preening and bragging. The lack of conscience about truthfully admitting why and who is used to shamelessly provide everything they brag about. Yet people keep ignoring and refusing to admit reality and fill their pockets, mail boxes and egos to overflowing. I wonder... would Abby just be happy to have a simple life, home and more of their time and attention.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I was almost taken in when they were giving things to the homeless. I mean they do seem to be very nice people. But on the heels of giving to the homeless As a is talking about how he wants his parents to be proud of him and what he has done. He wants the house perfect to impress them. Then they need more stuff to fill the shelves in the guest suite and the sink is ugly so we need to switch it out and fancy it up. Cha ching Cha ching Cha Ching. Seems they have worn cash registers out from the continual use. A whole tree gave its life for the paper for the receipts. If you didn't know the bottom line of why the income is in existence in the first place one could be happy for these seemingly wonderful people. Granted it takes a lot of work to spin the machine that cranks out the PR and keeps Annie in the spot light. No matter how miserable she looks or how many times she refuses to perform for the camera, guests or strangers. Only to be one way or another coerced into cooperating. When they are giving yet another your of the estate, throwing yet more steak on the grill, buying more and more stuff to fill the castle walls..I think of someone else. I think of the family who struggles every day just to feed, clothe and put a roof over the heads of every child disabled or not. I think of the moms and dads..gramma and gramps who watch this show and cry because they only wish they could live like the Maass family. Have the resources, free gifts at every turn and free food from people like As a does when he can more than afford to buy their own. The ever constant preening and bragging. The lack of conscience about truthfully admitting why and who is used to shamelessly provide everything they brag about. Yet people keep ignoring and refusing to admit reality and fill their pockets, mail boxes and egos to overflowing. I wonder... would Abby just be happy to have a simple life, home and more of their time and attention.
Very true xx

Abbie often looks bored and unsure. One thing that I question is all them gifted toys and she has a small basket in her room, no other trace of her toys anywhere else, never does sensory etc unless it’s for the ‘fans’ I think more effort and time could be given to her. I agree they are all about the money now rather than awareness or whatever.
His most recent video doing that stupid dance head movement!!!!! It’s all about HIM and praise for him. Interesting he brought up about his mum being proud though, maybe he has his own issues, although does sound lazy if she’s coming round doing their laundry etc.
I don’t think they’re completely bad people at least not in the true sense. However they are definitely exploiting poor Abbie and her conditions for their new lifestyle.

Reactions: 6
Well I tried to correct the spelling mistakes but couldn't. Sorry about that.

They do really seem to be very likeable people. I liked them so much at first. And I am often almost swayed because I believe they are good people who lost their way when the money took over. I know their lives are none of my business. Yet here's the rub. Its just that I know people with kids who are Autistic, others have CP and others have other disabilities. All of them struggle and none of them have even a portion of what The Maass family has. I also have always had trouble with wealthy people who brag and gloat. And Asa and Priscilla are off the chart here. It is looking more like the " Look what we have" show. And then they get awards for this. What is the difference between a lot of You Tubers and the TV shows with a slew of kids being exploited for money and this? They need to outlaw kids, especially disabled children from being used like this. They become rich working kids who don't even realize they are working with no voice and no choice. Sad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
By the way the first post was ( tour not your of the home. (As a was Asa.)Annie was supposed to be Abbie. I hate when auto correct interferes.

Reactions: 2
@Morningstar what you said about children becoming paid workers! How very true but saddening. I never thought of it like that.

Exactly they are editing and living in such a way that it has become very much non relatable to most families who were watching to gain insight for whatever reason. The pressure this must put on others is awful. I came across them by accident and for a couple of reasons kept up with their videos for a while, I know i no longer feel any benefit from watching, it’s becoming like a thrown together coffee/school run video with click bait titles. Most importantly non of it benefiting Abbie, maybe they should stop and just film the adults lives and vlog that way instead of pretending it’s autism awareness.

I agree completely. It seems the more money comes in the more the focus on Autism fades further in the background. Actually I highly doubt they could make income if the (show) were just about Hubby and wife. Granted they are both comfortable in front of a camera and do a commendable job. But when most people are struggling to make it through another day financially I highly doubt that Asa preening and Priscilla primping will draw patreons. Although I can't help but giggle at the thought of the song "Money" by Pink Floyd being an awesome theme song.

I thank you for this forum. I was a follower of this family - I watched and thought wow what a great representation for Autism. However, that has changed it has turned into a self centered me, me, me look what we have - follow me on Lipstick Mama, Follow me on Pots Pans and Pricilla, we need our Duncan donuts, follow my weight loss journey - turned into the Pricilla show - Asa showing off all the new stuff he has researched and purchased follow the link buy our merchandise! Then they went to California and it was all a Chik-Fil-A and Duncan donuts advert - and staying with another autism family. That family that has Braylee a very cute little lady but the mother has the worst resting witch face and nothing nice to say - then another autism family, they have befriended is nice but its all about making money its nothing to do with Autism. - they have all lost touch with everyday life - their programs are less and less about teaching and more and more about lining their pockets. I am tapped out and so tired of u-tubers saying its about teaching when its just about helping them have the biggest and better than everyone else. Kudos to them for fooling people who are too naive to know they are being hoodwinked.

Reactions: 9
Asa is one arrogant SOB. When he started muttering his pre-planned storyline for a seperate profitable vlog about how his mother is proud of him, I laughed so hard. FOR WHAT??? You’ve all hit the nail on the head with how gross he is now. Sell sell upsell! Even mentioning he doesn’t like sponsored videos....MY ASS! I knew eventually people would see through them & they’d have their own thread. You should watch some of their older mailtime vlogs on the fastest speed. Only thing missing are pig oinking sounds.

Regarding how much time Abby sits alone, it’s too much. Sure she needs space, but engagement needs to be higher. I’ve never seen a family utilize so much respite care! And I couldn’t believe they all laughed about going out to eat on their scooters w/o Abby. That’s all they ever do is go out to eat! Do they think this is normal living? Myself & kids can not afford a hotel swimming pool, gym membership w/ pool, or going out to eat, but maybe once a year. And we work our asses off! We don’t exploit our children & they are happier kids because of it.

Spoiled Southern Priss is head of a pyramid scheme & she should feel terrible about cheating people. Just watch the many youtube videos about Limelife or whatever it’s called.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Why are there no negative comments on their page? Surely there are objections but I have seen not one negative comment. And WOW saying Abbie was being a jerk?! Really? Ummm...WHO is being a jerk? Maybe just maybe she would rather look into the eyes of her loved ones instead of the eye of that stupid camera. Imagine if that precious young lady understands much more than they think she does. No wonder she often looks like she is ready to cry. I predict that eventually Asa and Priscilla will have so many self made You Tube channels that Abbie will fade into the background. Time passes too quickly. Do they want to be a participant or an observer in her life? The whole situation is heartbreaking.

Reactions: 8
Why are there no negative comments on their page? Surely there are objections but I have seen not one negative comment. And WOW saying Abbie was being a jerk?! Really? Ummm...WHO is being a jerk? Maybe just maybe she would rather look into the eyes of her loved ones instead of the eye of that stupid camera. Imagine if that precious young lady understands much more than they think she does. No wonder she often looks like she is ready to cry. I predict that eventually Asa and Priscilla will have so many self made You Tube channels that Abbie will fade into the background. Time passes too quickly. Do they want to be a participant or an observer in her life? The whole situation is heartbreaking.
Its because ASA will delete them, flat out doesn't want followers to get a glimmer or have an AH HA moment of WOW maybe he and Miss Priss are out of touch and only want money. Cannot wait for his Son to go off to school - will we be getting the Brothering Autism from afar?

Woah! Didn't know they could just delete people's comments. No wonder it is such a love fest. Well when Isaiah goes off to school he will be free to find himself. He is an awesome young man so I think he will be successful. He and Abbie will miss each other like crazy but he really needs to go have a life where he is not depended upon so much. Kudos to him for being the man he already is. Actually more mature than anyone else in that house. Poor sweet Abbie is likely to go into mourning for him. Which means she will likely act out. Bless her it is going to be a huge change. I wish Isaiah every good thing and I hope he spreads his wings and flies into the future that HE wants! I hope he does what HE wants to do and learns he has that right. Have a great evening everyone!

I actually am beginning to despise Asa and Priscilla! If it wasn’t for Abbie I wouldn’t watch!
Could they have been any less interested in Abbie in their latest video!?
Honestly that poor girl has nothing to do, bossed around, orders barked at her, just always sat there, she needs things to do!! Learning or fun things anything!!
All about them two.
Isiah also made a comment, “why didn’t you get the house ready mum”? (I think he looked a little uncomfortable saying it) Why not Dad also, I think sometimes he feels he has to act a certain way in front of Asa -
Then joking about yelling at Abbie?
Also nervous about eating a tiny bit more healthy?
Asa also commenting on all the things his son has - lots of expensive things (paid for with dirty money in my opinion) what does Abbie have?
Why does she always have to wear Autism motif T-shirts as well?
i know I’m going on and on but I just feel sorry for Abbie!

I know how you feel. It's like I am so sickened by how Abbie is used that I decide I am going to stop watching but it comes up on my news feed and I click. I wonder what their neighbors think? Asa and Priscilla said in a video when they were moving that they had no friends. Wonder why. Asa wants his parents to be proud of him and believes they are. Good grief man..REALLY? I guess money makes one delusional. I also wonder why the tabloids haven't hit on this. This world has lost its moral compass when people think this is okay. I am beginning to question my own for watching it! Praying for Isaiah and Abbie.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.