Fathering Autism

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi! New here! I’m so glad to have found this, I was beginning to think I was the only one thinking something was not right with this family! Something about Asa makes me feel he is very controlling and to be honest I have noticed how dismissive he is of people with autism opinions! For someone who is trying to raise awareness etc shouldn’t he be more engaged with peoples comments not just rudely snapping at them! Also the way Abbie is made to sit during mail time etc, she must be so bored!

Reactions: 2
I did see Priscilla have to use the other hand to push one arm far enough to get the seatbelt. Omg. You've eaten so much you can't even reach across your own body to fasten your own seatbelt.

Why so much processed food? Packets of chemicals and chemical sauces and dressings, fast food constantly. It's an unhealthy house and you can see Abbie is also falling victim to their poor choices.

You look at mom and dad and see immediately they're making poor choices every single day. How hard is it to exercise? Must we as taxpayers shoulder their health costs for their bad habits and destructive eating?

All of poor Abbie's snacks are fake sugar cookies, processed carbs full of pesticides...ever heard of an apple as a snack? Grapes?

After Priscilla's weight loss surgery, they went show for fake food keto snacks which make you gain even more weight. She was saying she eats TWO entire bags of fake sugar gummies as one snack. Omg.

Attachments

Reactions: 3
Hi! New here! I’m so glad to have found this, I was beginning to think I was the only one thinking something was not right with this family! Something about Asa makes me feel he is very controlling and to be honest I have noticed how dismissive he is of people with autism opinions! For someone who is trying to raise awareness etc shouldn’t he be more engaged with peoples comments not just rudely snapping at them! Also the way Abbie is made to sit during mail time etc, she must be so bored!
I agree. I was almost afraid to post anything. But really anyone who looks at the situation can see what is happening. It just isn't pc to object. Dad will never admit this whole thing has made him very very rich. I see them receiving gifts from fans and companies pushing products and making money because of his daughters disability and it sickens me. The fact that she has absolutely no choice in being filmed is the worst. Truly is this any better than the things people used to do to profit from someone's physical and mental disabilities? If all the money went to her care instead of big homes and the newest camera or other purchases perhaps it would be better. I thought the whole idea was to further educate and bring attention to Autism. Less and less seems to be about Abbie. It has become the lifestyle of the rich and pat me on the back while I score awards. Abbie has gone from a girl enjoying life with her family to having a camera in her face. At times embarrassing her. She has to mass producing paintings, meet and greet strangers and be made to interact personally with them and has absolutely no rights given to her to refuse. If she tries she is accused of having a bad day. So very sad. You tube needs to stop the exploitation of children. Before a child is put in harm's way or bullied because of what their parents have used them for. I realize the parents wouldnt want to face what they are guilty of doing in all such channels. It would embarrass and hurt their feelings. But better to hurt now than watch their innocent child be hurt.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
It is sad to see definitely. She never seems to get fun sensory toys set out for her just given music. The few times she has seem for the contents benefit only. Priscilla often looks annoyed at the noises Abbie makes. Isiah always sides with his dad something about it makes me feel they are afraid of him, I know that’s a strong statement but how they all listen to him and the way he talks over them constantly even the therapist whilst she’s at work! I do wonder how much effort goes into helping Abbie off camera. I also noticed in a video they were sent earphones for noise cancellation (not sure she needs these as she seems fine with noise etc) but Asa’s face lit up stating they would help her she needs to keep them on. Just the whole thing is uncomfortable and concerning! @Morningstar yes the mass painting really stuck in my mind to! But again is she really doing them all? I’m not sure anymore as that would mean time and mess and I’m not sure that is something they would allow regularly!

I did see Priscilla have to use the other hand to push one arm far enough to get the seatbelt. Omg. You've eaten so much you can't even reach across your own body to fasten your own seatbelt.

Why so much processed food? Packets of chemicals and chemical sauces and dressings, fast food constantly. It's an unhealthy house and you can see Abbie is also falling victim to their poor choices.

You look at mom and dad and see immediately they're making poor choices every single day. How hard is it to exercise? Must we as taxpayers shoulder their health costs for their bad habits and destructive eating?

All of poor Abbie's snacks are fake sugar cookies, processed carbs full of pesticides...ever heard of an apple as a snack? Grapes?

After Priscilla's weight loss surgery, they went show for fake food keto snacks which make you gain even more weight. She was saying she eats TWO entire bags of fake sugar gummies as one snack. Omg.
Definitely! What’s more hasn’t the money made from all this for Abbie’s care been used to pay for weight loss surgery? Like you say healthy choices and exercise would cost a lot less with less risks!

Last edited:
She's not even doing the art. Crazy nanny is just moving her hand to spread paint or glitter while Abbie looks at the ceiling and tries to pull away. It's basically the nanny doing all the art.

It boils down to - is she aware or not? If she is, stop talking about her like she's not there and even making fun of her, saying she has a bad attitude and etc. Or is annoying.

If she isn't aware, stop making art that is basically an adult moving her hand around with paint while she's not even looking at what's going on or even caring what's happening. Stop pretending it's her art. You can't have it both ways.

Reactions: 5
I believed Abbie had a roll in every piece until his last video of her doing art on her patio & Asa helped. Abbie barely touches anything & it became obvious that the nanny lady is doing all of the art! Trained elephants do more work!

P hates the camera. She doesn’t know how to eat healthy. If she did, she wouldn’t cook such heavy meals.

Isaiah is afraid of Asa. Regarding his college, the decision was made the day he visited. Perhaps when money talked. Just saying. Glad he’s going far from home. It’s admirable that he wants a career in ABA or whatever, but I hope he one day realizes that severe autism has already been his life & to do something else with his life. But, the money he can stand to profit off YouTube (like Summer is now?) for sticking w/ the autism theme is, I’m sure for him/them, just too enticing.

Reactions: 2
Yeah, I agree. Glad he's moving away. He deserves a break but Asa says he comes running when they are having a hard time with Abbie. If only they'd parent her without making him the "third caregiver."

The exploitation is sad.

Saw they were giving her those cancer causing Mio drops again that they love. Why can't people drink water without a bunch of chemicals in it? They're going to cause Abbie to be obese like them. Fried in oil nuts and veggie chips as a snack? With cancer water? Obesogens in every bite. Someone help these people. Cook from scratch. Use the money to buy organic instead of wasting it on fruitless endeavors. Exercise is free.

Her latest video is cooking cabbage with... Packaged nitrite chemical sausage, nitrate bacon and butter. OMG. It's basically butter, bacon and sausage with some slivers of cabbage! Someone educate these people.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
I’ve always wondered how families become so obese, but now we know. Did you see her mom sluggishly sitting in the lawn chair while at their recent (& many) vacation events? Oh my. Not a good sight. They’re in FL! Get up & enjoy the weather! I’ve always noticed a lot of obese people in their vids. I think FL rates badly on the obesity scale.

I agree with all above, the fan comments are strange as well, you get them trying be noticed (probably spending their hard earned money also) by saying things such as “you’re the best you tuber we love you” can you imagine his ego!! Secondly when Abbie hit the kitten in the face the comments were saying how cute that was and they are going be best friends??? How can people be so desperate for a ‘like’ off Asa!!
Yes I’m also glad Isiah is moving on a little, gives him a chance be around friends without his sister. They make both children sit their cook or Christmas craft for the camera, one is of an age where he wouldn’t want his friends see that, and the other is not benefiting from it either and is uninterested, how can not all those people see it’s all just staged for content.

• Heart
I can't hate on Priscilla, she seems like a nice person. I don't like to comment on people's appearances as I think it's unnecessarily mean.

Reactions: 1
I can't hate on Priscilla, she seems like a nice person. I don't like to comment on people's appearances as I think it's unnecessarily mean.
Yes, but she volunteers like crazy....is able to get to & walk around multiple stores (unlike myself) & work at the football concessions. Then when home, she’s pooped. Plopped on the sofa & many believe that if she cared more (bath, etc) for Abbey, she’d be in better shape.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I am obese as well so I surely won't comment on anyone else being overweight. But I do admit my extra pounds are my own doing. I continually try to conquer the problem especially since I have COPD and the weight is coming off but it is a slow process at my age. Priscilla has always been very pretty. I don't know if the cost of her surgery was paid for by insurance or funds from other things. But it isn't right to monetarily benefit from your children in any way. Unfortuneatly TV and You Tube shows have opened up the flood gates to exploiting kids who have no choice in being filmed for their parents profit. IMO they should all be fined, the money taken away from the parents and put in trust for the kid's care. And the parents should have to account for and pay back every penny they spent on themselves in any way.

Reactions: 6
Don’t totally blame yourself on being overweight. It could be thyroid, etc. Saw a TV show yrs ago w/ a study explaining that a woman would have to eat less & less every year to not gain weight. I have just seen P go here there & everywhere & sometimes I’ve wondered if it was because she was overeating so much. As if she had super energy from fatty meals. I don’t do that at all, skip many meals (I’m never hungry post chemo) & have chronic fatigue. I really feel like if she doesn’t get her weight off, she won’t be able to walk. It might take 5-10 yrs, but I think closer to 5. I’m in my mid-40’s & I am shocked at the changes. Even with peri-menopause! Haha

Before Asa mentioned how they now have the money for Abbey’s longterm care so the State of FL won’t have to fund her, I had already thought of that. It’s an excuse really. Yes Abbey has a therapy pool in her backyard, but ALL kids deserve that.

And one thing that always comes to mind is “ya show her once on YouTube stimming, fits, etc, & people get it.” It doesn’t take a vlog a day to raise awareness! He should leave Abbey off camera now. Let her be. If she was a typical girl, she’d be freaking out over the things they’ve shown of her. Don’t know how they can sleep comfortably at night exposing her like this. Especially after SBSK lost their comments because disgusting pedophiles were making comments. He can still have his channel, but again, no filming someone who cannot give consent. She couldn’t even choose a nail polish color with several tries! Her senses must be so confusing to her.

Then they still continue to say things like she’s crazy at times or poke her belly, etc. Too much joking around at times for a serious-faced severely autistic teen. And praying her heavy rocking doesn’t damage her brain! They haven’t been showing her doing that as much. Lucky for her I guess!

• Heart
Asa was moaning how Abbie never uses the swing in one video, she’s at home and asks to play on the swing, he says no but can do cooking later! So everything she does has to be for the benefit of the channel! she then asks for food I’m guessing from boredom, why couldn’t he just let her go on the swing for a minute, really annoyed how he strategically placed his cup in the car as well! teenage attitude or complete boredom and fed up of set up situations, like life isn’t confusing enough for her!

Last edited:
The very depressing & angry faced start to his video was fitting. Her father always has a camera held up to her face! If there’s any hope of her saying a word, he’s only suppressing her!

He’s all about his brand (of tit). Cheap sunglasses anyone can buy & then burn a stolen autism logo into it. The desperation is real. He strikes me as someone who doesn’t want a 8-5. Pretty sure he’s admitted that much. He’s LAZY.

They paid out of pocket for her reduced stomach. Guessing no health insurance then or they wouldn’t cover it. The ins. co’s have hoops to jump through for a reason, or people fail at their weight loss surgery.

Reactions: 4
Thank you Fala, I appreciate your comments. I wish I had taken better care of myself when I was younger. I hope for Priscilla's sake that she gets and stays healthy. Her daughter will need her the rest of her life.
Yes it makes me uncomfortable when they talk about Abby in front of her like she doesn't understand. How hurt and embarrassed she must be if she does comprehend. I just hurt for her. She is so vulnerable and innocent. I also think EVERY disabled child AND adult deserve the best of everything to help them. Life is hard enough. It is a shame that many times a successful endeavor is ruined by greed and misappropriation of funds raised. So sad. It is also unfortunate that society sees what is going on and still supports these channels.
I recall in one video when they sold their business that it was stated that Asa did not like working for anyone else and he wanted their You Tube Channel to be his job and financial support for the family. That said it all. Fact is if Abby was not Autistic there would be no channel, job or income. So how can one deny making money from her and her Autism.

Last edited:
And now they’ve followed a YouTube recipe of upping engagement (=money) by getting more people to comment on comments. Brilliant. And after more unused pool & fancy home shots throughout the vlog, they end in their fancy bedroom, easily saying how it’s going to be a good day, due to a song. Much easier for them to say now with all their financial security.

@FaLaLaLaNahLer Asa is really annoying! Hate how he mimes to the songs! Wearing a cap in bed?? nothing is natural about it, clearly Isiah was told to come in and say that. I agree it was very flippant of peoples problems be positive and listen to a song? Yes positive helps but some of the things people were saying is going take more than a song and were probably hoping he would reply, instead he’s getting his followers to do it all with a profit gain for him!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.