Fathering Autism

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thank you for this forum. I was a follower of this family - I watched and thought wow what a great representation for Autism. However, that has changed it has turned into a self centered me, me, me look what we have - follow me on Lipstick Mama, Follow me on Pots Pans and Pricilla, we need our Duncan donuts, follow my weight loss journey - turned into the Pricilla show - Asa showing off all the new stuff he has researched and purchased follow the link buy our merchandise! Then they went to California and it was all a Chik-Fil-A and Duncan donuts advert - and staying with another autism family. That family that has Braylee a very cute little lady but the mother has the worst resting witch face and nothing nice to say - then another autism family, they have befriended is nice but its all about making money its nothing to do with Autism. - they have all lost touch with everyday life - their programs are less and less about teaching and more and more about lining their pockets. I am tapped out and so tired of u-tubers saying its about teaching when its just about helping them have the biggest and better than everyone else. Kudos to them for fooling people who are too naive to know they are being hoodwinked.
Spot on!!
Recently i heard them say all the fan donations will go to Maas Squad Cares.. So i wondered.. Are they going to turn that into a non profit or foundation so they get a tax break for it? Notice how they...like Goodwill Stores.. Use mentally impaired people.. Children.. To do the work packing the bags. All in the name of ABA therapy cuz you know...its GOOD for the kids to learn new skills!!! God forbid if Asa and Pricilla had to move their fat bodys to do anything that resembles work!!

You gotta know the neighbors are freaked out. I would be! It would be like the Beverly Hillbillies moving in!!

Anyone can see that she has the mental age of a toddler. But he still thinks it’s okay to profit $1-$1,000+ on his daughter’s very personal bladder & bowel accidents. If only he listened to that little voice in his head that tells him it’s wrong to exploit her.

And why does P rub her entire hand on her face so often? It looks so awkward & childish. She even took both hands off the steering wheel to dramatically wipe rain off her face? 🤦🏼‍♀️
Mom and i use that term very loosely...does it for the camera. Dramatics as you said. I am of the opinion she despises Abbie and is very resentful that she has to be occasionally a caregiver.
It's all fake love. Watch her face when Abbie is making race car noises...its obvious Pricilla is ashamed...then when she realizes shes on camera her expression quickly changes.

They got a cat!
They got a cat for views. Exploiting the cat too! Poor cat. Looks wormy to me and her fur looks poorly. No mention of whether or not it's been to the vet yet.

Just watched the vlog re: being reported to CPS.

What I took from it:

Generators are really boring.

They think that winning some award automatically makes them good parents - a bit like Jonathan 'cold showers' Sacconejoly?

Priscilla and her parents would benefit from some healthy eating advice, as would Asa. They should be setting an example for Abbie.

They sure got a nice house courtesy of their daughter; doubt they could have afforded that before vlogging took off.

I get the feeling that if someone did send a letter of apology then Asa would manage to 'accidentally leak' the details. He was barely controlling his anger when he was talking about the situation. Now I can understand them being upset about it but they pretty much said it goes with the territory.

Why was Asa upset that someone from CPS took pictures of their fridge and pantry? It's not as if those pictures will be publicly available. They show much more than that of their home in their daily vlogs 🤷‍♀️

I felt pretty disgusted when he kept going on about Abbie's weight:

"Abbie, she took pictures of you to make sure that you weren't malnourished. She said 'oh yeah she's definitely not underweight'. I feel like that offended you a little" < laughs heartily while Abbie hides her face under a cushion > "She's like, 'she's definitely not underweight' - like okay, slow your roll there - shaming"

Shaming? The only person doing any shaming is you Asa by putting that information on camera and laughing about it despite knowing it had upset Abbie. That's a pretty 'garbage' thing for a father to do.
Asa should be ashamed of having a garage full of tax payer paid pull ups!!! Somehow they get respite, ABA therapy and pullups paid for by us!!! Talk about GARBAGE PEOPLE.

Imagine how many emails & messages they receive from families with special needs children who disagree with them showing Abby on YouTube!

I couldn’t believe the steak portion size they gave her! Her stomach is continuously being stretched like her mother’s was, which is also why she’s always hungry. They really need to bring in a nutritionist & weigh & portion out her food. When she gets even heavier, with the pushing & tantruming, she could really hurt someone.
That is EXACTLY why they don't feed her! They have said as much in earlier Vlogs! Worried she will get too big to handle.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Thank you!

So this family has over 300k subs, and their daughter Abbie is 14 and non-verbal autistic. They just bought a new house and Abbie is having trouble with some of the routines. Recently they posted a video of her having another meltdown, and it made me extremely uncomfortable. Abbie isn't able to talk, so she can't give permission to be filmed. I feel like the channel started off as raising awareness for autism, but now it seems to be more exploitative and is following the trend of other family/lifestyle vloggers. Here is the video
they do realise she’s non-verbal ... not deaf. Standing speaking about her and how they’re going to approach Abbie’s meltdown as though she isn’t there. When Abbie clearly seems to be comprehensive.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
they do realise she’s non-verbal ... not deaf. Standing speaking about her and how they’re going to approach Abbie’s meltdown as though she isn’t there. When Abbie clearly seems to be comprehensive.
They treat her.. Talk to her like a pet not a human or a kid.

They treat her.. Talk to her like a pet not a human or a kid.
I 100% thought that, ‘stand up, Abbie stand up’ how about saying ‘Abbie would you mind standing up off the floor’ she’s a child, not a dog. She can comprehend sentences, she doesn’t need two worded instructions. It absolutely breaks my heart to see this poor girl being spoken at the way she does. I’ve just seen half of that one video and I genuinely couldn’t watch anymore.
My nephew is also non-verbal and we use our words to communicate with him, as mentioned above, he can hear perfectly and can understand everything we say to him however he uses makaton to communicate with us, if there’s something he doesn’t know the makaton sign for he will take us and point or he will use his outstanding intelligence to get his message across - by the way I’m not saying it’s the same for every child as every child is different and some cannot do this so I’m not saying that’s what Abbie should be doing at all, however treating Abbie like this certainly isn’t going to help. It’s honestly heartbreaking to watch. Poor girl 😞

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I 100% thought that, ‘stand up, Abbie stand up’ how about saying ‘Abbie would you mind standing up off the floor’ she’s a child, not a dog. She can comprehend sentences, she doesn’t need two worded instructions. It absolutely breaks my heart to see this poor girl being spoken at the way she does. I’ve just seen half of that one video and I genuinely couldn’t watch anymore.
My nephew is also non-verbal and we use our words to communicate with him, as mentioned above, he can hear perfectly and can understand everything we say to him however he uses makaton to communicate with us, if there’s something he doesn’t know the makaton sign for he will take us and point or he will use his outstanding intelligence to get his message across - by the way I’m not saying it’s the same for every child as every child is different and some cannot do this so I’m not saying that’s what Abbie should be doing at all, however treating Abbie like this certainly isn’t going to help. It’s honestly heartbreaking to watch. Poor girl 😞
But i guess Child Protective Services .. When someone notified them...did not watch any videos. If they did they would see what you and I see and done something in the way of mandatory parenting classes or something!!
But.. Because they are no longer POOR white trash, the rules no longer apply. So sad.

Reactions: 1
Made me laugh how they had to put in their title that they walked 2 miles 😂 Like it's such a huge thing! It's hardly far! That's what? 15 minute walk there and 15 minute walk back 😂

I’m not defending but I work with adults with autism and or a learning disability and sometimes saying too many words can be confusing for them. I know it sounds rude to just say “stand up” but it works better for some of my guys . I always say thank you after 🙂

Yes they do. Did you notice how excited he was after returning from Vegas? I think the idea is they will be consultants - paid consultants for medical staff regarding Autism. After all, they are the experts!!! WEGO health needs their heads examined!!

So I’m sure this is nothing new, but I noticed Abbie having to work for her lazy father for the vlog recently. It was when she carried the pumpkin in from their laundry area with her respite caregiver. She looked confused to have to act out a scene, potentially more than once while he stood there with the camera! Then he moved the cup, which she was likely just sitting there & having her drink. Just look at the confusion on her face as she’s wondering why he made her create this scene & that camera is out. Poor girl has no say about being filmed.

Last edited:
Their food is disgusting middle America slop. Ever heard of organic? Not cooking every single thing in butter? Their banana pudding is the worst GMO crap chemical food slopped together. They drink that cancer causing blue juice all day long and even put drops in the water for their child. Um, when did water not become the gold standard for drinks?

Chemical cookies, low fat, non fat chemical nightmare.... Can someone educate them, please?
I have a feeling Asa has his "big weight loss journey" content in his back pocket.

If they wanted healthy food, they would have it. They eat crap. He should be encouraging his wife to eat better instead of thinking about Dunkin doughnut sponsors.

And also I think the reason Priscilla isn't losing that much weight is because she doesn't exercise.

I actually am beginning to despise Asa and Priscilla! If it wasn’t for Abbie I wouldn’t watch!
Could they have been any less interested in Abbie in their latest video!?
Honestly that poor girl has nothing to do, bossed around, orders barked at her, just always sat there, she needs things to do!! Learning or fun things anything!!
All about them two.
They had a video a couple months ago that showed Abbie matching little toy bears by color. She was a little rusty at this skill because she has not done it for a while. I believe they just show things like this as "Autism Filler", basically a dramatization because we haven't seen her do that activity since. WHAT THINGS DOES ABBIE LIKE TO DO? Yes we know she likes to swim, but she doesn't do that all the time. People in the comments ask what happened to golf cart rides, Asa says the golf cart doesn't work. OK WELL THEN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. You, Priscilla, and Isiah get to ride around on scooters, what about Abbie?

Last edited:
Their cooking is very much southern (or SE US) cooking. Fat butter heavy sauces...gross. Don’t think that is middle America! FL has an obesity problem. Miss Priss has re-stretched her stomach out with her “Dunkin” obsession. I’d worry about the health implications of stretching & drinking a dehydrating liquid, what what she needs is water. DnD can send freebies, but I highly doubt their PR team wants to be affiliated with the FAThering Narcissism.

• Heart
On the other forum, we are talking about their most recent cruise ship vlog. One of the members mentioned the Autism drop off conference room.

(Member screenshot of vlog)

But that is exactly what they are doing 🤦‍♀️

Obviously Asa and Priscilla are being sponsored by the cruise ship. It's wrong that the cruise ship believes they are doing something positive for Autism. How is excluding family members(with autism) by putting them in a conference room with toys beneficial to the overall experience. Even Isiah felt weird about it. He says it didn't feel right dropping Abbie off while he and his mom and dad went off to enjoy other activities.

Last edited:
Number one even if they paid for it themselves bottom line is the money comes from the exploitation of a child with no voice. A child who has no choice in her most personal problems and experiences being filmed for money and dad's ego. I thought this was made illegal in the past when people were made to stop filming and stop making money off of people with disabilities. The only difference is they are seen on social media instead of in person. I find it appalling as anyone with any morals should. Number two..if the cruise line IS sponsoring them it is wrong. How can they choose just one family to sponsor when there are literally thousands of families with Autistic children?Thousands who don't live the lavish lifestyle of a mansion filled with new furniture and decor, built in swimming pool, a slew of recreational toys, gifts to fill a new car from adoring fans for the whole family plus Dunkin' every day. If they are sponsored in any way shape or form IT IS WRONG! What about the plight of other families with other children with disabilities of every kind. If indeed this Cruise Line sponsored the Maass family they were absolutely wrong. When are people going to stop handing money and freebies over to these people? Look up their net worth together and seperately. I don't understand their blatant arrogance to film this cruise and flaunt it. Think how the family feels who can't even afford the smallest of sensory toys. And putting Abby aside while they go enjoy themselves WITHOUT her?! SHE IS WHY YOU HAVE EVEN A DIME TO YOUR NAME AND THIS SHAMEFULL TRIP. I think Isaiah AND Abby are the only ones with common sense and morals. I feel sorry for them for being pushed into their parents schemes. One question..Why has main stream media not done an expose' on these and people like them?

• Heart
Yes finally a place to vent about them without minions attacking, this cruise is a joke they are leaving her behind. I love asa’s comments about not finding anything he would change when they first got on the ship, yeah cause u know everything about autism[emoji849] I feel like he really believes he knows everything when he actually only knows about abbies autism no one else, it’s a spectrum so every individual is different and yet he preaches on and on as if he’s dealt with every person with autism ever!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.