Fathering Autism

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m new to this forum. But I wanted to see what others thought of this channel! I’ve watched it a few times and I have to agree with a lot of you. I think they absolutely need to be more aware of discussing Abbie while she’s present and also asking her if she wants to be filmed or not. She can comprehend.
There’s A LOT that’s been on my mind. Bare with me here.
Isiah is adorable, and a HUGE help with his sister. Almost too much. He needs to be able to have his own life. She’s not his responsibility. Great kid. Great personality. Priscilla on the other hand comes off very much like a spoiled brat. Which she clearly is. It’s very obvious that her parents have put her on a pedi stool and she thinks that she’s above a lot of things. Probably why she doesn’t clean. I watched one vlog where she made me uncomfortable because she definitely made Asa feel like he was beneath her and her family. Has anyone else noticed that she the least involved with Abbie? Dad is the one who cares for her. Weird. I’m pretty good at reading ppl, and she almost sees Abbie as an inconvenience. Asa is definitely using YT to his advantage, but I can’t say I blame him. He’s not the only one doing it. I don’t have much to say about him. I think he’s a bit arrogant at times and he loves to hear himself talk. I think he’s aware of both. But i have to say I think he’s a much better parent than his wife. He seems to genuinely care about the kids. Where as his wife seems to only care about herself and her bad makeup.

Ps: the house they lived in prior to the new one was a rental. The one story house that comes up is her parents current home I believe. They live in what I think is the Riverside area of Jacksonville... looks historic.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Before I read back, WTH on his video title! Big girlfriend & then huge girlfriend! Gross! Totally looking for more views!

I’m new to this forum. But I wanted to see what others thought of this channel! I’ve watched it a few times and I have to agree with a lot of you. I think they absolutely need to be more aware of discussing Abbie while she’s present and also asking her if she wants to be filmed or not. She can comprehend.
There’s A LOT that’s been on my mind. Bare with me here.
Isiah is adorable, and a HUGE help with his sister. Almost too much. He needs to be able to have his own life. She’s not his responsibility. Great kid. Great personality. Priscilla on the other hand comes off very much like a spoiled brat. Which she clearly is. It’s very obvious that her parents have put her on a pedi stool and she thinks that she’s above a lot of things. Probably why she doesn’t clean. I watched one vlog where she made me uncomfortable because she definitely made Asa feel like he was beneath her and her family. Has anyone else noticed that she the least involved with Abbie? Dad is the one who cares for her. Weird. I’m pretty good at reading ppl, and she almost sees Abbie as an inconvenience. Asa is definitely using YT to his advantage, but I can’t say I blame him. He’s not the only one doing it. I don’t have much to say about him. I think he’s a bit arrogant at times and he loves to hear himself talk. I think he’s aware of both. But i have to say I think he’s a much better parent than his wife. He seems to genuinely care about the kids. Where as his wife seems to only care about herself and her bad makeup.

Ps: the house they lived in prior to the new one was a rental. The one story house that comes up is her parents current home I believe. They live in what I think is the Riverside area of Jacksonville... looks historic.
Yes to everything you said! She lives on her phone. They no longer need the $ from the makeup, but she’s this ultimate volunteer person, yet is completely out of shape. I’ve always thought that if maybe I ate like she used to that maybe I’d have more energy too. But there’s just no way. They don’t show all the naps that have to happen due to her health especially. If I was raised by 2 obese parents, I’d be kind of upset. The constant push of Duncan Donuts, eating out, cooking for giants & obesity issues are dizzying...sorry to say.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Idk what it is about her. She just rubs me the wrong way. Like Asa gets under my skin, but he’s personable and has a similar humor to me. Abbie is honestly adorable, I love seeing her enjoy life. And Isiah too, he’s a great kid who doesn’t even know his full potential yet. But there’s something about Priscilla that’s starting to show slowly. If you watch closely even the way she looks at Asa has changed. I guarantee that her mom probably told her to leave him a long time ago. Because he wasn’t made of money and treating her like a princess. She probably only stayed because of Abbie. She didn’t want to deal with Abbie alone. I get Trumpy red hat vibes from Cilla and her mom. An entitlement about them. She plays off this innocent, helpless wife thing. It’s annoying. Although Asa is exploiting this YT thing, he’s working damn hard and most responsible for the things they have now. He comes from a family that taught him to work hard and I respect that. There are some ppl in my fam who had the WSL she had, and I can tell you now, she shouldn’t be drinking coffee at all and her portions are still too large.

Reactions: 5
Unfortunately, Isaiah has inherited her B face. It’s in the eyebrows & vacant expression. So unless they’re smiling, they pretty much look pissed off. She’s got the marionette lines going. At least they’ll have the money for her to have plastic surgery done now. She was possibly raised in a well-fed & spoiled Southern living. Isaiah was a surprise child. Not sure how many men would’ve stuck around.

I agree, he works hard & does it all. She needs to turn off her phone, set the makeup down, & swim like crazy in that pool. She has NO idea how fortunate she is! If she was serious about losing weight she would’ve lost a lot more by now. I could tell the Dr. wasn’t impressed based on what she told us he said. He turned the question back on her when she asked him how she’s doing!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Random thought: has anyone ever watched any of the vlogs where Brandi (Abbies ABA) is at the home? I can’t help but to always think that Asa is “in the way.” He is always recording them, which I think may be a distraction to Abbie and probably Brandi too. I notice that she tends to “act up” if she looks up and sees that her father is there. Which is something kids normally do. Especially if they think they’ll be able to get by on something. Brandi is very good at what she does. She also has RBF (resting b*tch face) - as do I lol so I think I have a pretty good read on her faces. She looks very annoyed at times, but she handles it well and cooperates. I honestly think that having Asas constant in put and interruptions on something that she is clinically trained to handle has to be frustrating. I wonder if he takes this into consideration. It’s not fair to her. I am in no way saying that parents shouldn’t be involved, because they absolutely should be knowledgeable about what’s being worked on. But there needs to be a healthy boundary, so that things are be accomplished minus all the distractions and chit chat. He seems like he’s micro managing. If that makes sense.
Just an observation.

Oh for sure! Anyone without a cloud of their farts around their head would see the errors of his ways when FILMING. I hope Brandi is getting a sweet check on the side for all he pockets of this questionable AD based YouTube income! He was sure talking it up about his “she’s so human, let’s remember that” money making subject in today’s vlog. At one point Abby turned her head as if to really listen to what he was saying about her. Dude! Don’t talk about your daughter in front of her! And why the hell is he showing so much of where they live? There are people? or a person who has already reported him. Then he shows off his camera cabinet, which is feet away from a glass door. He’s such an idiot!

Also, Priscilla’s lisp is not cute. How can her bite be correct? It must be damaging for her teeth. Abby has the same recessed lower jaw, sadly, it looks like it’s only made worse by not being able to talk. I wonder how much of her behavior is autism & how much mental retardation? (If term still used/not trying to be offensive).

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Also, Priscilla’s lisp is not cute. How can her bite be correct? It must be damaging for her teeth. Abby has the same recessed lower jaw, sadly, it looks like it’s only made worse by not being able to talk. I wonder how much of her behavior is autism & how much mental retardation? (If term still used/not trying to be offensive).
The correct term would be learning disability (for future reference)

I have watched this show for quite awhile. At first I really liked it. It seemed that they were bringing light to the subject of Autism. I learned a lot about it through the daily life of Abbie. But then something changed. I honestly wondered if they won the lottery. It seemed that nothing was out of their reach financially. Certainly they like to show off and brag about what they buy. Buying new this and new that. Showing what people send to them as gifts even though I imagine they give some to charity. I dont understand why they don't encourage people to give to their local Autism groups. After all they can buy their own things. All I can think of when they do that are the people who send them what they really need for themselves. Do they realize they are paying for those luxuries while they, the donor sacrifice to give? It made me very uncomfortable when I realized where the money was coming from. I highly doubt they would be living in a 600,000.00 home, filling it with new furniture and things, driving nice cars and living the expensive lifestyle that they are if not for Abbie. Truthfully she doesn't look like she wants to be filmed. If she somehow conveyed that she did not want filmed I wonder if they would give it all up. No one knows what her thoughts are or how much she understands. I could not exploit my child and her disabilities for my own personal gain. I cringe when they tell her to say or do something like she is performing a trick like a pet. And the word excited? Oh boy. I think it was originally a good concept to advance the Autism awareness. But somewhere along the way it made a wrong turn and became what finances the family. All on the back of a little girl who can't even tell them how she feels about being filmed. Indeed..I wonder what they would do if she said stop. And I wonder what measures would be taken if anyone wanted their gifts back after learning they could well afford to buy anything they want. I like them all as people. I just think they have wandered off the path. Just my opinion

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Well said! And I’ve realized that I didn’t think of the term learning disability because Abbie was initially diagnosed with autism & mental retardation, per their vlog. I wish I could say that there’s an intelligence to her, but I just don’t see it. Sadly, it’s the parents who have exposed that. The way Abbie will go in a circle when excited reminds me of a dog’s behavior. They are exploiting her for personal gain. Praying youtube stops paying these child & disabled person exploiters soon. The whole donate to their # just lines their pockets. They’ll soon get bored & move onto something else. $500 in deodorants, etc. being handed out to the drugged out & mentally ill homeless is like spinning their wheels. There were some who initially said donating should be done in private or it’s just boasting. Asa is a name dropper & GREEDY as F. The good news is that the autism community will forever keep an eye on them & hopefully keep them in line!

• Heart
At first, I thought they were a lovely family. But over time, they changed and their true selves came out. Absolutely they are exploiting their children for financial gain.

They keep saying that poor Isaiah likes being the third caregiver but they lean on him way too much so they can go out. A child is a NOT a caregiver. Full stop. They are a child, too. They are not free labor or respite. What they are doing is wrong.

A child is not a caregiver.

Even older caregivers of their parents suffer depression and anxiety. A child cannot be relied upon as heavily as he is to step into that role.

They'll find out later the hard way.

Also, if they're bragging so much about him going to the smart school, why is he going to Appalachian something? Money isn't an issue - what is the deal? Plenty of smart kids go to the Ivies and etc. Maybe he wasn't allowed to study and have a life to build for these types of schools since he is their third caregiver.

Also, why are they so overweight??? They all have that weird huge neck pillow where their necks should be. It's so bizarre how huge they are waddling around. During Pots Pans and Priscilla you can hear her breathing heavily just standing and talking.

Weight loss surgery is supposed to work, right? Why if they grossly over-feed themselves do they not let their daughter eat as well? Clearly they all have the same body type.

And why aren't Priscilla's parents supportive of this? They are about to keel over any moment and she's buying the cheapest worst junk food and sending it home with Abbie.

Their food is disgusting middle America slop. Ever heard of organic? Not cooking every single thing in butter? Their banana pudding is the worst GMO crap chemical food slopped together. They drink that cancer causing blue juice all day long and even put drops in the water for their child. Um, when did water not become the gold standard for drinks?

Chemical cookies, low fat, non fat chemical nightmare.... Can someone educate them, please?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Well said! And I’ve realized that I didn’t think of the term learning disability because Abbie was initially diagnosed with autism & mental retardation, per their vlog. I wish I could say that there’s an intelligence to her, but I just don’t see it. Sadly, it’s the parents who have exposed that. The way Abbie will go in a circle when excited reminds me of a dog’s behavior. They are exploiting her for personal gain. Praying youtube stops paying these child & disabled person exploiters soon. The whole donate to their # just lines their pockets. They’ll soon get bored & move onto something else. $500 in deodorants, etc. being handed out to the drugged out & mentally ill homeless is like spinning their wheels. There were some who initially said donating should be done in private or it’s just boasting. Asa is a name dropper & GREEDY as F. The good news is that the autism community will forever keep an eye on them & hopefully keep them in line!
They said it was no longer called mental retardation like it said in her original diagnosis report but now people say intellectual disability. It's the same thing but a more PC term.

And to your point, they do seem very greedy. A poster once protested the constant "E-begging." I'm sure Asa just deletes all those comments.

Oh and it's hilarious how they preach tolerance yet make fun of other groups of people... Hypocrisy galore.

Exactly. He is arrogant & forever interrupts his wife, son, & Abby listens to him best, likely out of feeling intimidated. Fans freaked out (I didn’t & thought it was over reaching) when he used the phrase once, “I’m putting my foot down,” in a deep voice to Priscilla about spending more $ than needed on a class ring for Isaiah.

Here are my speculations. Her parents helped financially or had to co-sign for their home. Why they kept sharing down to the wire house details appeared to me like begging for money & he knows what makes a profitable thumbnail. I don’t believe the bank underwriters had enough confidence in this new money youtuber family. I keep thinking about how much $ it must cost per day to keep their pool clean & lights on in that historic home. That’s a lot of pressure! All I can say is life will be rough when she needs new knees! They better keep that tub off the kitchen. They did joke about the stairs when they are older.
Well, if they have so much money, why is Priscilla missing teeth? She should replace that missing tooth you see when she smiles or the rest of her teeth will fail. You need an implant or they all start to go. I'd focus less on makeup pyramid schemes and get your teeth fixed.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I truly feel sorry for Isaiah. He is a wonderful young man and very giving and patient. He is awesome with his sister but he needs to fully enjoy his high school years. I don't know if he has to occasionally help Abbie with her toilt needs but how embarrassing for him to have to do that especially in public. I really believe Mom should be helping Abbie with all of her showers, dressing and toilet needs if she is near. They can't be sure that Abbie isn't self conscious or embarrassed about male family members seeing her body. After all she can't tell them. Mom should be taking care of all her personal needs. Mentally she may be a little girl but her body is that of a young lady blossoming into a young woman. Watching videos today Abbie just looks like she would rather not be filmed. Yet she has no choice. They certainly can't claim she loves it. She looks miserable. If she ever realizes she doesn't have to be filmed Mom and Dad are going to have to get jobs that they can make their exorbitant net worth afloat. Google it...I was shocked and "almost" EXCITED! LOL!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Haha new vlog he mentions he was struggling and had to take a day off from vlogging. More like he reads here and realizes what a crappy person he is and can't deal with the guilt.
I wonder if he deletes any negative or questioning comments. I never see negative comments. Seems you really can't post your real opinions.

Thanks for the heads up on the intellectual disability term. She didn’t seem to fit into special needs, so I used her original diagnosis. Glad to see more waking up to their disgusting show. Imagine having a camera shoved in your face from the moment you wake up, until you go to bed. Horrible! Abbey doesn’t comprehend & what little she does, she pushes the camera away.

I agree, her tooth gap is an odd one. Unusual age to have lost that sucker. Likely no health insurance having been self employed & whatever one wants to call it now. They paid out of pocket for her bariatric surgery. I think she has already failed the surgery. Her stomach is stretched out again from DnD coffee, etc. Not sure how dangerous this is for her. About the water, she even forces those nasty cancerous drops on Abbey! Anyone with a brain knows those drops & other sugar free foods/drink alter the taste buds so people can’t taste true sweet things as much! Duh!

Reactions: 3
Yeah, it bothers me that they shove the camera in her face in bed. A teenage girl has a right to privacy. It's not OK to film a teen girl sleeping for the world to see. That's a vulnerable moment.

It's all just very bizarre! They know she is aware, but the dad is bathing her and even demonstrating bathing her to a therapist or respite? I would feel very weird about that. Even he mentioned it felt weird. I mean, there is a mother in the house who does not have a job. I would never have my husband bathe my teen daughter. I mean, why? Just, why? I'd do it.

Reactions: 7
Yeah, it bothers me that they shove the camera in her face in bed. A teenage girl has a right to privacy. It's not OK to film a teen girl sleeping for the world to see. That's a vulnerable moment.

It's all just very bizarre! They know she is aware, but the dad is bathing her and even demonstrating bathing her to a therapist or respite? I would feel very weird about that. Even he mentioned it felt weird. I mean, there is a mother in the house who does not have a job. I would never have my husband bathe my teen daughter. I mean, why? Just, why? I'd do it.
I hear ya. But physically, look at her situation. She can hardly move now. Just to put the seatbelt on, she has to push her elbow for her hand to reach it. So physically, she has limited herself by overeating. Just wait until she’s older & her knees go.

The depression from having a daughter who behaves forever 12-18 mos? must not help her situation any. It wears on the whole family, but thinking they were all heavy prior to Abbey being born? There are plenty of fit parents with disabled children though.

About her high maintenance mornings, the way I’ve always viewed long, tended to hair on a heavy set person is a waste of time. It just doesn’t match up. Asa went into more detail about how he does more work because it takes P so long to get ready in the morning! She’s just using all that extra time to get away from her duties! I feel like Asa knew how it sounded & was throwing her under the bus a little. Any busy new mom or wanting to be healthy active mother knows that shorter hair is the answer. So she’s fooling no one with her long hair. It was also thinning from her surgery.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I just wish Priscilla would chew with her mouth closed. She's always chewing with her mouth wide open. Did her parents not teach her any manners? Between that and Abbie constantly picking her nose, it's like a free for all over there. Can they redirect the nose picking? Because that would severely limit any food service jobs.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.