Fathering Autism #75 Fie, fih, foh, fum, FA’s vlogs are so humdrum.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Something that’s been on my mind....This may be offensive, and I apologise. But for sure, they must must lose their temper with her and pull at or smack her..for starters, the early waking would really get you down. The ever present screeching, honking, stamping, shouting. The non response of Abbie to normal cues. . I know I would, she’s one hell of a dynamic to live with in a reasonably small house. ‘( with no garden.... why did they buy a house with no garden? ]
While I think they may lose their tempers because they are only human, I don't think that necessarily means they smack her or physically punish her in any way. I, for one, have never hit any of my children.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I know that most people with autism are not of low intelligence, but I think maybe Abbie's sensory needs are also related to her IDD. Try clearing your mind of most of your thoughts (easier said than done)...you notice your surroundings more and your mind still needs to be stimulated somehow so you touch different objects and move them around. You look around and really notice things without a million thoughts intruding...it's just a theory and I'm probably not explaining it well. I also think she is more IDD than autistic though.
A very good point. If we think like a toddler they are constantly exploring, learning and testing their boundaries. Abbie's IDD places her around that of a toddler. But, since she's basically been at that cognitive level for 10 or more years and probably cannot learn too much more but she has to keep her brain busy with something. She's shown that she is capable of learning some new things, like donut, but her two disgusting parents are failing her. Give this child her toys to make her happy. God knows, she's going to go insane if they don't grasp that concept.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Typical martyr parent attitude right there. Saying he's grieving for the child he's lost and talking about her as though she's a burden.

What really peed me off was when he said "She is not autism, she is Abigail" and yet he calls his channel "Fathering Autism" and dresses her up in puzzle piece gear and gives her puzzle piece merch. If he truly saw her as Abigail rather than autism, his channel wouldn't be called that and she would be wearing decent clothes and owning stuff that represents who she is as a person as well as her interests e.g. a Trolls blanket instead of a puzzle piece blanket. And, most importantly, he would be talking about her as a person rather than a walking object who can perform tricks.

And finally, he is not an "autism parent", he is a parent of an autistic child.
Many great points!

Did we ever find out for sure what the revised child support amount was?

So many bad things could happen doing that!!! Saw enough various reason drowning victims over my years as an EMT!
Can I just say on a side note thank you for what you do? The paramedics and EMTs that responded to my emergency are the one of the reasons I am walking today. I broke my neck at C7 and T1, they were professional and so kind and compassionate.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Wow. Reading these last ten or so pages of posts by you all have really made me see the big picture. And it’s depressing as hell. A&P are not giving Abbie any opportunity to grow as an individual or become as independent as she could be. They are only concerned about making content because without it their world would come crashing down. They would not be able to pay the bills. It don’t matter that Abbie would benefit from a schedule or routine. That doesn’t fit in with THEIR lives. It doesn’t matter if Abbie would enjoy and learn from pretend play toys. That doesn’t fit into the typical teen agenda. It doesn’t matter if Abbie doesn’t want to swim. THEY want to swim so how else are they going to keep tabs on her. It doesn’t matter if Abbie is not learning when they play what little games they have with her. It only matters that it APPEARS she is playing and engaged. All for content. All the new tips and tricks he vlogs about for Abbie to become independent is BULLSHIT. She is on autopilot. Automatically performing for either them getting out of her space or for getting a food reward. They are bleeping lazy. The laziest people I have ever seen in all regards to life. It’s all for show. And lastly, yes, as a parent your mental health needs to come first so you can be the best you can be but after that your kids come first. You sacrifice for your kids so they can have a better life. They don’t see that way. They just want ALL THE THINGS.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Many great points!

Can I just say on a side note thank you for what you do? The paramedics and EMTs that responded to my emergency are the one of the reasons I am walking today. I broke my neck at C7 and T1, they were professional and so kind and compassionate.
Thank you :)

Reactions: 4
The thing that makes autism so damn attractive to a lot of people (I already mentioned the faking autism for clout thing or treating it like a gender identity [if I read or hear "Neuroqueer" on more time, I am going to scream]) is the vast variety and the still very prevalent idea of the rainman style genius hiding within most autistics (even though Kim Peek likely wasn't autistic, but had FG Syndrome), supported by stories like Carly Fleischmann, even though the fact that this became a widespread story underlines how rare this is. Plus there was the whole facilitated communication debacle.

You don't get that luxury with IDD. The person has a severe delay, end of story. That makes the whole hidden talent underdog story more unlikely. And even if it happens once in a blue moon, people usually recognize it as the extremely rare and unlikely case that it is.
This isn't even just A&P. People like to shout from the rooftops that their kid is autistic, but are more hush hush about the other diagnosis IDD.
And A&P have the added narcissism. They just need the specialest diamond (despite sabotaging each and every opportunity to learn). And they have to sell a narrative, a story, development to keep people hooked. This is why they are hammering home the skills and trying out new things and road to independence nonsense.
I like all you say here. I just want the world to know I am a very proud mother of an IDD NOS son. There is no shame in helping your child, ND or not, be the best they can be. There is a very early video of a very young Abbie matching colors and shapes. She was actually very good at it and very fast. No home involvement made her lose that. We do stuff with my son every day whether he knows we are teaching him stuff or not is up for debate. He knows he is different and some days all we can do is try to soothe him. He’s working at our garden center on Saturdays now and loves it!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
That Abbimation person hasn't got a brain in their skull. Autism is not a disease and does not need to be healed. It is simply a different way of seeing the world, or a different operating system. This person needs to listen to #ActuallyAutistic voices like mine.
I don't think, from the looks of the post, Abbimation would quite grasp the meaning of reading
They do everything for the vlog, I believe she gets very little attention when the camera is off! Garbage parents!
Agreed 100%!

Reactions: 9
Wow. Reading these last ten or so pages of posts by you all have really made me see the big picture. And it’s depressing as hell. A&P are not giving Abbie any opportunity to grow as an individual or become as independent as she could be. They are only concerned about making content because without it their world would come crashing down. They would not be able to pay the bills. It don’t matter that Abbie would benefit from a schedule or routine. That doesn’t fit in with THEIR lives. It doesn’t matter if Abbie would enjoy and learn from pretend play toys. That doesn’t fit into the typical teen agenda. It doesn’t matter if Abbie doesn’t want to swim. THEY want to swim so how else are they going to keep tabs on her. It doesn’t matter if Abbie is not learning when they play what little games they have with her. It only matters that it APPEARS she is playing and engaged. All for content. All the new tips and tricks he vlogs about for Abbie to become independent is BULLSHIT. She is on autopilot. Automatically performing for either them getting out of her space or for getting a food reward. They are bleeping lazy. The laziest people I have ever seen in all regards to life. It’s all for show. And lastly, yes, as a parent your mental health needs to come first so you can be the best you can be but after that your kids come first. You sacrifice for your kids so they can have a better life. They don’t see that way. They just want ALL THE THINGS.
Sadly you've hit the nail on the head. It's never what's best for Abbie, it's always what's best for Prissy & Ass. It's why I don't care how we make fun of them, what we call them, etc. I only care about Abbie and my heart breaks for her every damn day!

• Heart
I like all you say here. I just want the world to know I am a very proud mother of an IDD NOS son. There is no shame in helping your child, ND or not, be the best they can be. There is a very early video of a very young Abbie matching colors and shapes. She was actually very good at it and very fast. No home involvement made her lose that. We do stuff with my son every day whether he knows we are teaching him stuff or not is up for debate. He knows he is different and some days all we can do is try to soothe him. He’s working at our garden center on Saturdays now and loves it!
Yes, she really was more capable, her fine motor skills as well. She picked up little cubes with tongs like it was nothing. She matched pictures of her family and she stayed on task for a while. This is why I am hellbent on the problem being her parents not her basic ability to learn. I simply know she used to be more capable and while some regression is normal in both autism an IDD, especially during teen years, this is more extreme than I have ever seen (save for one kid witch juvenile Huntington's disease - scary stuff). I also know what lack of stimuli (communication being a big one) can do to a developing brain. Her rocking on the couch in for hours is poison for her brain (in more than one way).
You go! By engaging with your son you are teaching him already. Best thing you can do to keep his neurons firing :p❤

• Heart
Hi everyone
Looks like this is going to be a delusional 14m10s so might as well get this bullshit on the road

1. Blurring the footage doesn't hide the blob that us Piggy....such a flattering shot at 14s
2. STFU with choose happy... I know he read Abbies sweatshirt but then he had to drone on about it
3. Eat your bowl of sugar now Abbie
4. How sweet...let's cram how much Piggy did for Abbie in the morning down viewers throats...
5. Stop already with the just the 3 of us and for f**is sake DO NOT SING
6. Have the best day and learn all the things 🤢🤮....yup that family is a bunch of butt grabbers and Patterson
7. Whoopie tit HogBoy is the special guest stopping on his way to go camping..yup don't give a tit
8. Blah blah blah
9. Where the f**k are all the toys from Christmas, are they buying them back 🤣🤣🤣
19. Sweety sweety fakeass voices
20. Oh look Abbie your too old for these as he grabs things off the shelf with the 18month plus...guess he Hope's no one notices
21. Stop with the f**king coffee too...idiots
22. Are we also not suppose to notice Piggy pushing the green animal together 🙄
23. Yup food reward .... but wait they don't use food as a re-enforcer or reward *sarcasm* 😏
24. Riveting...kerplunk always was a boring game
25. Abbie could give a flying f**k
26. Piggy is so f**king annoying
27. Yup Abbie is over it
28. Damn he thinks he knows everything
29. Sure Asswipe keep asking till there's a movement from her that fits the narrative
30. Guess Dollar Tree was beneath them
31. After the beep ...not from you Piggy
The end

• Heart
Reactions: 21
She got the rock speakers for Christmas and no sign of them until they were mentioned here recently...

This was just over a year ago. I think P needs to watch this video again https://fb.watch/3OtWLYtHCJ/

Apparently Riverside is a sought after area of town. They said in several videos that one of their goals was to move to Riverside. 🙄
I’m sure they have an upside down mortgage situation. Never buy the most expensive house in a neighborhood! You’ll never get anything out of it!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Tonight's vlog: (all of a sudden we are worried about taking turns?)
View attachment 449461
All the things they are showing are all things (ideas) taken from our comments. Too bad they aren't savy enough to come up with ideas for Abbie on their own. Ker Plunk and Connect Four! Really? Next they'll be teaching her how to play Monopoly so she can grasp the concept of taking turns.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.