Fathering Autism #67 Thank you Ab, for all you do. We'd Still be renting, if not for you.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That was AWESOME!!
Who was it that started leghumper? I cant remember now.... Sweetums? Idk....but man, you hit the big time! LMAO
I was the first to use leghumpers and sheeple here way back when...February 19, 2020
It's used on alot of forums lol but I'm the mean girl who used it here first .... my claim to fame🤣
Well that and recaps 🙄

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
SpiritofSalty, do you remember Brandy once stating that tantrums and meltdowns are pretty much the same????

ive just watched first 2 minutes of video... she looked way too moody & tired to go to begin with!
Yes, I do and let me tell you....that it is bullshit. I don't blame Brandy, because this is the official position of ABA and behaviorism and for them it makes sense. Behaviorism treats the brain as a "black box". Cognitive processes aren't important. Everything is based on visible behaviour and the reactions are always the same if done the same way. So it makes sense that Brandy says they are the same. They look the same and what goes on inside the brain doesn't matter (that was actually painful to write for me as a neuroscientist, insert puking sound/whoopeecushion here). For her approach it is correct, but the scientific consensus is way past that.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Don't you guys just love people like this winner who are for some reason incapable of using punctuation?
“Swimmers with autism” ???? Tasha McDonnell it’s basic knowledge that it is “SURFERS FOR AUTISM”. Get your facts straight and use some punctuation next time.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
The leghumpers have started....View attachment 369429

I am guessing there is no FA vlog like he said in his IG stories. Oh the damage control....

I can't wait to see Ass and Cilly walk in the snow. It is exhausting just plodding through the snow. I hope @Pink Marshmallow has her gif making skills ready for that fun! I wonder if we get a snowy version of this:
View attachment 369430
OMG!! Are all their followers complete morons? Did they all skip English class?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Damn these leghumper comments on the DCP vid just keep rolling in. How can these people DENY things are happening when they’re watching it in every video???

• Haha
Reactions: 16
A little thing about that old fair vlog: Sad how Asa basically tells Isaiah that it's unique for him to be holding his autistic sister's hand while out in public with other teens around. As if that's something to be embarrassed about...and as if he has any choice considering you admittedly made him the "third caretaker" his whole life...and again playing to that idea Priscilla has brought up before that most "young people" are dumbasses uninterested in doing anything good, therefore Isaiah/Summer/Becca/Guillermo are sooooooooo special for deigning to hang out with disabled people.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
It’s been two years since I watched the video, but I remember the title saying meltdown and tantrums and they discussed both. Regardless, I don’t really care what it was. I think it was disturbing to film her getting upset and post it online. She deserves privacy. And in that vlog, there were several parts where she was looking up at the lights and clearly experiencing sensory overload. At least, that’s what I saw.
Forsure filming stuff like that is bs,I was just clarifying cuz they like to blame her acting up on autism constantly, they have a habit of saying “tough day for autism!” and I’m like no it’s a tough day cuz your kid’s being a little brat to get her way and the bad thing is it almost always if not always works! She’s got them whipped!

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Forsure filming stuff like that is bs,I was just clarifying cuz they like to blame her acting up on autism constantly, they have a habit of saying “tough day for autism!” and I’m like no it’s a tough day cuz your kid’s being a little brat to get her way and the bad thing is it almost always if not always works! She’s got them whipped!
Ohhh, I totally get what you’re saying now. I just remember he did mention meltdowns in the video at one point. But I definitely agree that they don’t discipline Abbie. They don’t want to do anything that requires effort, even though they all would benefit from helping her with her bad behaviors, including Abbie herself. It’s such a sad situation!

Reactions: 14
SpiritofSalty, do you remember Brandy once stating that tantrums and meltdowns are pretty much the same????

ive just watched first 2 minutes of video... she looked way too moody & tired to go to begin with!
I know you’re not referring to me, but there are many stories of therapists, especially ABA therapists, who get their education from universities and lecturers, not autistic people themselves. Many autistic people have said the two are completely different, I’m sure that one of my favourite instagram users @neurodifferent has made a most about that, and many autistic bloggers that I mention frequently on here would say the same thing :)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Yes, I do and let me tell you....that it is bullshit. I don't blame Brandy, because this is the official position of ABA and behaviorism and for them it makes sense. Behaviorism treats the brain as a "black box". Cognitive processes aren't important. Everything is based on visible behaviour and the reactions are always the same if done the same way. So it makes sense that Brandy says they are the same. They look the same and what goes on inside the brain doesn't matter (that was actually painful to write for me as a neuroscientist, insert puking sound/whoopeecushion here). For her approach it is correct, but the scientific consensus is way past that.
I've also noticed that Asa, having zero educational context for what Brandy says...and zero interest in being taught what any of it means...often completely misunderstands or mischaracterizes her comments. Like I remember a fairly recent vlog where she explicitly says that from an ABA perspective, if two things involve the same behaviors, then they are essentially the same thing...and he's like "Yeah, exactly, same thing." He also gets "errorless teaching" wrong, he presents it as a method of teaching in which you never tell the child they did something wrong, you just have them do it again...but as far as I'm aware, it actually involves prompting the child so quickly that they never actually get a chance to do the incorrect thing.

Fathering Autism...so educational.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Never mind my above comment, well said Salty!♥

• Heart
Reactions: 8
@Once Upon a Snark THIS ONE!!!
You wrote "They have found the snow" and then I read her post "We found the snow". This was hilarious to me. I can't even explain why. It's just such a stupid thing for her to say and you pointed it out so matter of factly. Thanks for the laugh.
Which post about the snow? This thread has been moving at a very quick clip since DCP vlog yesterday. I have loved every minute of it!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.