Fathering Autism #67 Thank you Ab, for all you do. We'd Still be renting, if not for you.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ohhh, I totally get what you’re saying now. I just remember he did mention meltdowns in the video at one point. But I definitely agree that they don’t discipline Abbie. They don’t want to do anything that requires effort, even though they all would benefit from helping her with her bad behaviors, including Abbie herself. It’s such a sad situation!
Asshat has repeatedly said that discipline (or at least, typical conventional discipline) doesn't work with Abbie because she doesn't understand it, doesn't get it, and will think it's funny. Thing is, he and Princess P don't do even modified discipline either. I believe in one video Asshat said that they best they can do is ignore it when she acts up and hope she gets bored of it. He brought up the whole reinforcing the behaviors thing, that if they stop and tell her no or don't do that, whatever... Abbie sees it as them engaging w. her and she enjoys it. You're right that A&P and Abbie would tremendously benefit from teaching her discipline. A&P are just shooting themselves in the foot by not doing it.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Thank you Once Upon a Snark!
Abbie punching, pinching, hitting Isiah should've been stopped by Asa or Priscilla.....even Isaiah a long time ago!
Ok, I caught when Isaiah put Abbie's arm down when she was honking and Asa was trying to talk over her honking/yelling. Man...they've all gotta be deaf ....or at least have headaches. Bad enough inthe house but the small confines of the car
In many. They have also talked about it more times than I can count. You can also see it in Asa'a Instagram story yesterday.
Thank you Guess I'm gonna have to do Instagram. Been avoiding a lot of things not bei very technological savy! lol.

Reactions: 3
Asshat has repeatedly said that discipline (or at least, typical conventional discipline) doesn't work with Abbie because she doesn't understand it, doesn't get it, and will think it's funny. Thing is, he and Princess P don't do even modified discipline either. I believe in one video Asshat said that they best they can do is ignore it when she acts up and hope she gets bored of it. He brought up the whole reinforcing the behaviors thing, that if they stop and tell her no or don't do that, whatever... Abbie sees it as them engaging w. her and she enjoys it. You're right that A&P and Abbie would tremendously benefit from teaching her discipline. A&P are just shooting themselves in the foot by not doing it.
Though he has raised his voice to her and she listened. So she can obviously be corrected. And I don't mean denying her a shower because she attacked her mom an hour previously. That is still one of the most ridiculous think I have seen.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Also like...if giving her attention just reinforces bad behavior, then attention is something she sees as a reward...meaning she likes it. Has it not occurred to them that maybe if they paid more attention to her and engaged in activities she liked, she would be too occupied to get into trouble, and also wouldn't be so desperate for attention that even negative attention feels like a reward to her?

I mean Lord, every interaction she has with them is "Sweet Girl, do this...now do that...look over here...go over there...no not there, over there...over there...do you like this? You keep saying no, but you mean yes...not no...yes! What do you want to do? We can't do that, pick something else...we can't do that, pick something else...we can't do that, pick something else...how about Dunkin? We can go to Dunkin. Want to take a ride in the cart to Dunkin? No, that's not what a thumbs-up looks like...do it like this. Now sign 'cart.' Now sign 'donut.' Good job! What do you want to eat? We're not eating that, pick something else...we're not eating that, pick something else...we're not eating that, pick something else...how about Zaxby's? We can eat Zaxby's. Awesome job, you picked Zaxby's! Give me a hug. Tighter. Tighter. Go? No, we're not going anywhere right now. No, we're not going anywhere right now. No, we're not going anywhere right now. Oh wait, do you want me to go? Okay, I'll go...but wait, first say hi to the camera. You have to go to the bathroom? Then go. No, you can't eat, you just ate. No, you can't have a bath. Let's show them how you make brownies, Sweet Girl."

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
She is so predictable, isn't she? Or I have no life. Either way, the snark in here has been hilarious this weekend!

Ass is really not helping the situation by not posting a vlog. These leghumpers are so desperate for Abbie content, they are making nonsensical arguments in Josh's video. And all it is doing is pushing his alogorithm so other watchers of FA have it pop on their YouTube timeline.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
She is so predictable, isn't she? Or I have no life. Either way, the snark in here has been hilarious this weekend!

Ass is really not helping the situation by not posting a vlog. These leghumpers are so desperate for Abbie content, they are making nonsensical arguments in Josh's video. And all it is doing is pushing his alogorithm so other watchers of FA have it pop on their YouTube timeline.
I am just loving it all. For the first time since the pandemic I have realized I am not getting out enough, because this has been a JOYOUS weekend. I was sitting here a few minutes ago contemplating taking a personal or vacation day tomorrow simply because I feel so entertained! And suddenly I have a huge case of FOMO!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
I know you’re not referring to me, but there are many stories of therapists, especially ABA therapists, who get their education from universities and lecturers, not autistic people themselves. Many autistic people have said the two are completely different, I’m sure that one of my favourite instagram users @neurodifferent has made a most about that, and many autistic bloggers that I mention frequently on here would say the same thing :)
Yeah, but that is standard protocol for all forms of therapy. You go to university and learn how to properly do therapy, whatever form of therapy that is. After that you do internships and rotations to get the experience. Insights from people on the spectrum (or any other disorder) are interesting, but they don't replace formal training or basework.

This honestly annoys me about the whole #actuallyautistic crowd (that I am technically a part of, since i do have autism). The idea that they and they alone are experts on all things autism. This is simply not how it works. I had a tumor as a child. I learned a lot about the treatment and my specific type of tumor. That didn't make me more knowlegable than a pediatric oncologist though.

Personal experience is fine and interesting and certainly has its place. It is one reason why I am so highly requested, I know multiple angles (and I am able to separate them). It still isn't better than years and thousands of hours of training and continuous learning and keeping up with scientific developments.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I'm sure he did. It went something like this-

Hello, I'm the award winning Youtuber and Autism Awareness Advocate Asa Maass. I'm sure you've heard of me. This is my mealticket daughter Abbie, but you can refer to her as #AutismPrincess. Over here, we have my wife Big P, mother of 2 out of 3 of my children and top selling MLM seller on planet Earth. Over there is my son who is largely a disappointment but has started raking in some bucks so he's looking better each day. That girl over there is a 23 year old college grad who is my 15 year old's best friend and lives in my home. I swear nothing weird is going on here. Anyway, get ready for a week of your other guests being videoed without permission and just enough honking and yelling to ruin everyone else's vacation because the MaassSquad is in the house! Also, what time does room service close?
Damn it's like you can channel him I even read it hearing his voice omfg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Good God Cilla is delusional!!! Abbie won’t be skiing THIS TIME AROUND???!!! What is she smoking??!!
75C818E6-716C-4047-9679-462EEEBCA760.png

• Haha
  • Wow
So I'm reading through leg humper comments on Josh's video, because they're starting to roll in now. I have to admit, I visited their youtube profiles out of curiosity. Most of them have videos of themselves on their channels.. and it became VERY apparent to me that a good 95% are very clearly intellectually disabled, due to this I haven't been engaging to them in comments, as I just don't think it's right. The reason i'm mentioning this, is because it shows an entirely different level of the Maass's taking advantage of their following. They know what they're doing, and it's disgusting. I think this is something Josh needs to be made aware of also, if he isn't already.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
Abbie on skis? The girl doesn't like walking, but sure let's put her on skis that make you go fast down a mountain. (I went skiing once, couldn't stop. Sat on my skis and turned 90° before hitting a pole in front of the ski lodge. Never tried again.) I hope Abbie terrorizes Priscilla while Summer, Ass and Isaiah ski tomorrow. She will be on her own.

Unless Cilly is really considering trying skiing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Ohhh, I totally get what you’re saying now. I just remember he did mention meltdowns in the video at one point. But I definitely agree that they don’t discipline Abbie. They don’t want to do anything that requires effort, even though they all would benefit from helping her with her bad behaviors, including Abbie herself. It’s such a sad situation!
💯 things would be SO much better if they worked with her from the beginning and actually followed through with things! Who knows maybe if they worked with her right from diagnosis on she could’ve possibly been able to speak by now and she’d be SO much better behaved both at home and in public! They don’t follow through with anything they will be beneficial for her! Potty training included shoulda started at 2-3 years old

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
From such a slow week last week...to this...heaven! Just a little aside: Guess which restaurant just opened across from my mother’s complex...you got it..Zaxbys! Every time I go to my mom’s, the Maass’s come to mind.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Abbie on skis? The girl doesn't like walking, but sure let's put her on skis that make you go fast down a mountain. (I went skiing once, couldn't stop. Sat on my skis and turned 90° before hitting a pole in front of the ski lodge. Never tried again.) I hope Abbie terrorizes Priscilla while Summer, Ass and Isaiah ski tomorrow. She will be on her own.

Unless Cilly is really considering trying skiing.
Let’s not forget the ski lift situation that gets you in a position to actually ski. How in the world would Abbie be safe in a ski lift? Piggy will definitely use Abbie as her excuse for not skiing bc we all know that is equally impossible! Another trip Abbie funded but couldn’t enjoy.

Attachments

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Though he has raised his voice to her and she listened. So she can obviously be corrected. And I don't mean denying her a shower because she attacked her mom an hour previously. That is still one of the most ridiculous think I have seen.
This is true. I'm not sure if Asshat realizes that he contradicts himself so often. It's also been demonstrated with Miss Brandi and Miss Shanequa (I wish she was still working w, Abbie!) that Abbie would do as they told her, be more cooperative, and not make nearly as many attempts at acting out, being defiant etc.
It really seems that it just comes down to A&P being very unwilling to put in the time, the work, and most of all - that C word they hate so much - consistency! It's like they're allergic to it or something.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.