Fathering Autism #67 Thank you Ab, for all you do. We'd Still be renting, if not for you.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone notice in the latest round of P's pics, they are all wearing masks all the sudden? They are trying super hard to do everything right.

And why cant Abbie snowboard? I mean, shes a surfer, right??!!

Night all. Its official, I cant put it off any longer. Damn it. I hope the night shift of Tattlers clocks in and heads to Josh's comments too. 💪💪

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Asshat has repeatedly said that discipline (or at least, typical conventional discipline) doesn't work with Abbie because she doesn't understand it, doesn't get it, and will think it's funny. Thing is, he and Princess P don't do even modified discipline either. I believe in one video Asshat said that they best they can do is ignore it when she acts up and hope she gets bored of it. He brought up the whole reinforcing the behaviors thing, that if they stop and tell her no or don't do that, whatever... Abbie sees it as them engaging w. her and she enjoys it. You're right that A&P and Abbie would tremendously benefit from teaching her discipline. A&P are just shooting themselves in the foot by not doing it.
They probably don’t know how cuz they probably werent disciplined as kids or they’re not stern enough,and they’re too lazy they’d just rather let her get her way to shut her up,discipline needs to be taken seriously Andy it’s too much work so they’d rather not do it,the not understanding or getting it thing he likes to ramble on about is just an excuse not to do it

Reactions: 6
Anyone notice in the latest round of P's pics, they are all wearing masks all the sudden? They are trying super hard to do everything right.

Night all. Its official, I cant put it off any longer. Damn it. I hope the night shift of Tattlers clocks in and heads to Josh's comments too. 💪💪
I was already on there giving him some extra context, maybe y'all can find me...

I'm sure Summer will help Abbie snowboard just like she helps her surf. They might even get her to stand up on the board this time!

Reactions: 10
I haven’t been on here in a while. I just watched Josh’s video.

If we truly want people to see what the Maass’ are like, we NEED to interact with the video. Leaving a comment saying “I agree”, or even just liking the video. That way more videos will be created and people who are doubting the Maass’ will see the large number of people who agree with him.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Does anyone else find it reckless that they are letting people know where they are vacationing in real time? With Covid, the sickos Asa knows drool over his daughter, and the fact that Asa and Isaiah will be skiing and so far from Abbie?

Safety and common sense would dictate keeping the lodge name quiet until they got home.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
Does anyone else find it reckless that they are letting people know where they are vacationing in real time? With Covid, the sickos Asa knows drool over his daughter, and the fact that Asa and Isaiah will be skiing and so far from Abbie?

Safety and common sense would dictate keeping the lodge name quiet until they got home.
Neither is working with a full deck

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Piggy gave the family a ski trip minus Abbie because she won't be skiing. They shouldn't be going in the first place, but why go if Abbie can't even participate?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Also like...if giving her attention just reinforces bad behavior, then attention is something she sees as a reward...meaning she likes it. Has it not occurred to them that maybe if they paid more attention to her and engaged in activities she liked, she would be too occupied to get into trouble, and also wouldn't be so desperate for attention that even negative attention feels like a reward to her?

I mean Lord, every interaction she has with them is "Sweet Girl, do this...now do that...look over here...go over there...no not there, over there...over there...do you like this? You keep saying no, but you mean yes...not no...yes! What do you want to do? We can't do that, pick something else...we can't do that, pick something else...we can't do that, pick something else...how about Dunkin? We can go to Dunkin. Want to take a ride in the cart to Dunkin? No, that's not what a thumbs-up looks like...do it like this. Now sign 'cart.' Now sign 'donut.' Good job! What do you want to eat? We're not eating that, pick something else...we're not eating that, pick something else...we're not eating that, pick something else...how about Zaxby's? We can eat Zaxby's. Awesome job, you picked Zaxby's! Give me a hug. Tighter. Tighter. Go? No, we're not going anywhere right now. No, we're not going anywhere right now. No, we're not going anywhere right now. Oh wait, do you want me to go? Okay, I'll go...but wait, first say hi to the camera. You have to go to the bathroom? Then go. No, you can't eat, you just ate. No, you can't have a bath. Let's show them how you make brownies, Sweet Girl."
Completely agree and when Asa said that line about her getting attention, it hit a nerve. I don’t know of a person alive that wants constant attention 24/7, when they are up. Even Abbie pushes them away and hides under her blankets. This to me, shows she wants to be alone in her own world some.... So, revert back to the “Abbie gets attention and thinks it is fun, when she gets in trouble.” To me, it means that they have not been giving her attention through the days and she is starved for attention and sometimes will even get in trouble to get that attention. If they feed her attention meter, I guarantee her behaviors would go down too...

Also, down to Abbie skiing. I guarantee they talked with the ski instructors and they don’t have anyone certified to handle/teach an individual like Abbie. There isn’t many that do. It is a reason I said that they needed to go to App Ski Mt. Again, poor planning BUT I will say, a lot of the individuals that go during Winter Special Olympics, that first year, rarely do hit the bunny hill. They may take part of the class, learn to put on the equipment, take it off, walk in it, etc., but not all of them hit the slopes. You can beat though that it will be many, many years of her on the bunny hill, before she would hit a very small hill (if that comes, we have some skiers that have been in for 10 years and still on the bunny hill)..

• Heart
Reactions: 13
She is still pushing her Boxing Day Sale. 🙄

Completely agree and when Asa said that line about her getting attention, it hit a nerve. I don’t know of a person alive that wants constant attention 24/7, when they are up. Even Abbie pushes them away and hides under her blankets. This to me, shows she wants to be alone in her own world some.... So, revert back to the “Abbie gets attention and thinks it is fun, when she gets in trouble.” To me, it means that they have not been giving her attention through the days and she is starved for attention and sometimes will even get in trouble to get that attention. If they feed her attention meter, I guarantee her behaviors would go down too...

Also, down to Abbie skiing. I guarantee they talked with the ski instructors and they don’t have anyone certified to handle/teach an individual like Abbie. There isn’t many that do. It is a reason I said that they needed to go to App Ski Mt. Again, poor planning BUT I will say, a lot of the individuals that go during Winter Special Olympics, that first year, rarely do hit the bunny hill. They may take part of the class, learn to put on the equipment, take it off, walk in it, etc., but not all of them hit the slopes. You can beat though that it will be many, many years of her on the bunny hill, before she would hit a very small hill (if that comes, we have some skiers that have been in for 10 years and still on the bunny hill)..
She hated a roller coaster. Cilly and Ass says she struggles if the ground doesn't feel secure under her, but sure...let's put her on skis?

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Queen Cthilly will give this person every ounce of hope, that Abbie will not just ski, she will snowboard as well. She will do both. #Overachiever #StraightAStudent
#Typicalskiingteenager #IDDSnowBunny #watchoutwinterolympicsherecomesabbie #whenlifegivesyoulemonsmakemoneyoffofthem #mydaughterisautisticandalligotwasthislousyvacation #pandemicinthesnow2021 #rockingonadifferentcouch

• Haha

They're only wearing them because it's mandatory is all public areas of the resort...resort rule. You also have to get rental equipment and lift tickets online preferably before you get there. Considering how well they read online information or think the rules only apply to the little people it may explain no skiing or tubing today...sucks when you think rules don't apply to you doesn't it Asswipe
That or they were doing one of the following g, take your pick
A. Frantically looking for a strong WIFI signal
B. Hoping for an all day buffet
C. Waiting for the bar to open
D. All 3

I'm waiting for the new thread before I attempt to catch up on this one...it moved to freaking fast for this blonde

• Haha
  • Heart

I also noticed that video about supporting them is gone a long with the list of supporters. That video has been on their page for a long time.

Reactions: 6

She hated a roller coaster. Cilly and Ass says she struggles if the ground doesn't feel secure under her, but sure...let's put her on skis?
Yea, I don’t get that either. It is a reason she wouldn’t be on a SO team. Her overall not wanting to be there, would put off any instructor. Our guys and gals practice on grass hills before going to the mountains (we send ski boots home and tell them to practice 2-3 times a week between sessions too) and this goes on for 3-4 months, just to get use to it all but once on the mountain, it seems like it is all new to them and even ones that don’t have balance issues, can start having them...
Plus, if you haven’t ever been skiing, snow boots sit at a high angle down, when you put your foot in the boot. So, totally not what someone who wants to be “grounded” wants to feel...

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I haven’t been on here in a while. I just watched Josh’s video.

If we truly want people to see what the Maass’ are like, we NEED to interact with the video. Leaving a comment saying “I agree”, or even just liking the video. That way more videos will be created and people who are doubting the Maass’ will see the large number of people who agree with him.

That's one thing I'm very happy to see. The comments so far are incredible, and people are really showing they care about this. I've seen a few "I was a fan until I saw this video Josh, thank you." comments, and it's a great feeling to know at least something is happening here. By the end of this video series, if Josh does them like he did with this one, I truly think something positive will come from it (at some point, you can't deny the evidence). What's important with replying to these leg humpers though, is to have calm rational discussions, they all tend to come out guns blazing and fail to listen to reason, so replying to that with personal attacks won't help the message get through to them. If they still fail to see the issue, after a calm back and forth, then they probably won't come around ever. They've had too much of Priscilla's special Kool-Aid at that point.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Also like...if giving her attention just reinforces bad behavior, then attention is something she sees as a reward...meaning she likes it. Has it not occurred to them that maybe if they paid more attention to her and engaged in activities she liked, she would be too occupied to get into trouble, and also wouldn't be so desperate for attention that even negative attention feels like a reward to her?
I think oftentimes it's because it would simply be too inconvenient for them and they're just too lazy. As it's been said on here, they interact with her like a pet and not a person. Not their daughter.

I remember a vlog a while back where Asa was doing a one on one activity with Abbie playing with waterbeads and Abbie just LOVED it. I hadn't seen her that genuinely happy in a while. It didn't even take that much effort, just some time.

Sadly, A&P feel it's easier to take her on golf cart rides, toss donuts in her mouth and call it good.

• Heart
  • Sad

Maybe it’s just me but has anyone seen the movie Carrie?! This pic reminds me of the mom in the movie! 😱 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Yea, I don’t get that either. It is a reason she wouldn’t be on a SO team. Her overall not wanting to be there, would put off any instructor. Our guys and gals practice on grass hills before going to the mountains (we send ski boots home and tell them to practice 2-3 times a week between sessions too) and this goes on for 3-4 months, just to get use to it all but once on the mountain, it seems like it is all new to them and even ones that don’t have balance issues, can start having them...
Plus, if you haven’t ever been skiing, snow boots sit at a high angle down, when you put your foot in the boot. So, totally not what someone who wants to be “grounded” wants to feel...
They were NEVER taking her skiing. This was never about her. They just want to do all the things. It sounds very bougie to say "We're going to a ski resort". This is how they operate. Like P admitted about her kitchen, she doesn't care about functionality, it's all about looks. They could have at least brought Abbie's new blue's clues toy for her to play with though. That's pretty sad.

On an unrelated note, I'm sure they brought the dogs to Bark on Park but I'm concerned about Nala. I sure hope they remembered to leave her food and water. Poor cat is always an afterthought if thought of at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
They're only wearing them because it's mandatory is all public areas of the resort...resort rule. You also have to get rental equipment and lift tickets online preferably before you get there. Considering how well they read online information or think the rules only apply to the little people it may explain no skiing or tubing today...sucks when you think rules don't apply to you doesn't it Asswipe
That or they were doing one of the following g, take your pick
A. Frantically looking for a strong WIFI signal
B. Hoping for an all day buffet
C. Waiting for the bar to open
D. All 3

I'm waiting for the new thread before I attempt to catch up on this one...it moved to freaking fast for this blonde
I totally go with the not reading rules nor calling ahead! When we travel, it is all hands on deck and so many phone calls that I believe people think me crazy before we arrive. So much planning goes into just even an overnight trip. The resort reviews are hit up, food is prepared and ready, all attention to detail is gone through and a box of safety equipment is backed, along with a first aid kit and emergency contact book with medical documentation and contacts for doctors. I have as much special accommodations to help, in areas that I cannot control (like ground level rooms) but I don’t depend on others to cater to our family.. I don’t show up and start shoving cameras in people’s faces and demand things. I can online imagine what they look like, upon check in..

They were NEVER taking her skiing. This was never about her. They just want to do all the things. It sounds very bougie to say "We're going to a ski resort". This is how they operate. Like P admitted about her kitchen, she doesn't care about functionality, it's all about looks. They could have at least brought Abbie's new blue's clue's toy for her to play with though. That's pretty sad.
Exactly! It is so sad to see that!! They set her up for failure, no matter what and then like to blame Autism...

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.