Fathering Autism #67 Thank you Ab, for all you do. We'd Still be renting, if not for you.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So Christmas morning came again last night ;) DCP's video was such an unexpected, exhilarating surprise! I felt like a prosecuting attorney in the midst of a huge trial who just cross examined a key witness. My husband, asleep on the couch next to me, awoke to me applauding and shouting praises and gratitude for Josh. He even got in on the action and watched for a few minutes. I was so happy that I actually had to ask myself...again...why? I have a very full life and do not need to live vicariously through anyone, especially not a family I only "know" through YouTube. It's all about justice being served. I cannot stand liars, phonies and narcissists. Before Josh I felt powerless to effect change, and now I have hope. FA, and all the ancillary channels associated with it, is nothing but an affront to the intelligence of anyone .... with any degree of intelligence. The fact that Asa, the master manipulator and gaslighter, wants to continue to defend his channel as one that "raises awareness" of anything, let alone autism, makes my blood boil. With all due respect, Abbie is just as special, but not any more special, than millions of autistic/IDD people making their way in this world every day. She is not an #autismprincess, she is not changing lives, she is simply a lovely young lady being used by her parents as a means to make a living. It disgusts me! I've mentioned before we have dear friends who have a 24 year old, slightly verbal autistic son who is similar to Abbie in many ways. Why wasn't he allowed to be the #autismprince? Why wasn't he allowed to "change lives?" Why do his parents have to work REAL jobs to support their family? The answer is because his parents are good, decent people with morals and values! They would never dream of exploiting their child for their own personal gain. There is zero difference between these two innocents...the only thing that separates them is the character of their parents. Go Josh!!! I've liked/subscribed/set up alerts...anything I can do to support his efforts to take these channels down. And for the argument that he's no better than FA, benefitting off of increased comments and subscribers...I say good for him! I hope he becomes a millionaire many times over fighting the good fight. Have a wonderful Sunday fellow Tattlers ☺
Hi there ,i`m new to this thread ,but after watching Josh (*Huge fan too:) ,i had to come and see what FA tattle thread was like.I have a fair bit of experience with severely autistic children.mDuring my late teens and early 20`s i worked in a home for disabled children (both physically and mentally).There were many Autistic children there ,often for respite.HAving cared for these children i understood why their parents would need a break.The more severely affected would Rock ,climb ,slap themselves .,have no fear (so could be a danger to themselves and others). We were taught how to help these children to calm down during an episode ,and to generally make them feel loved and secure.Why anyone would film such a child in intimate situations is beyond me.The father likes to go off at Josh ,and claim he is the better person .,but if he could only see what we all do.The shere exploitation of his most vunerable daughter is hideous.I hope more people watch DCP and listen to what Josh has to say.He handled the video with sensitivity (and natural outrage).Youtube ,and all social media sites need to rethink who they allow to upload there.I thought with Coppa at the beginning of last year ,things would change, A few channels have removed comments ,but there are still a great many who don`t ,and will continue to "sell" their children for views and monetary gain unless they`re stopped.Enough is enough.These children deserve the privacy and security that normally childhood brings.Let these parents film themselves day in and day out.Just leave your children alone and away from your cameras! #kidsarenotcontent.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I haven’t been on here in a while. I just watched Josh’s video.

If we truly want people to see what the Maass’ are like, we NEED to interact with the video. Leaving a comment saying “I agree”, or even just liking the video. That way more videos will be created and people who are doubting the Maass’ will see the large number of people who agree with him.
Just been and done it! Never commented on YouTube before. Hope I don’t get any nasty replies. Loved the video.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.