Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Pink Marshmallow

VIP Member
Everyone brace yourself.
I have to compliment Summer.
When they were messing with Abbies hair, and they handed Summer the brush, Summer stopped, looked directly at Abbie, showed her the brush and said "Can I brush your hair?" and actually waited for Abbie to nod yes.
This is how A&P SHOULD deal with her instead of just grabbing her and doing things, or asking and not even waiting for an answer.
I noticed that, too. I've seen her do it in past vlogs as well. It's something I give her credit for because of the reasons you stated. It's treating Abbie like an actual person and giving her some respect. A&P treat her without respect a lot of times and talk about her - what she did and how they should deal with her - right in front of her as if she isn't there. That always pisses me off. I know, some members will argue that Abbie's comprehension and cognitive capabilities are so low that she 'doesn't even know she exists'. But I don't agree with that. I think Abbie definitely knows when she's being talked about.

• Heart
Reactions: 25

sachairiah

Caught up! Been missing you guys. Had some issues with my kids that have been... a lot. Ive reached out to all the people i can, and nobody is listening. Its exhausting.

Ill ask here, if that's okay? My eldest is sensory avoidant, and has always been moody. When he gets upset or overwhelmed or injured, he immediately starts talking about wanting to die. We need to restrain him to prevent him from going into traffic or grabbing a weapon (usually a knife to hurt himself with). Its almost like... obsessive/ compulsive. He gets the idea and then is desperately trying to achieve it.

Once he calms down, he usually doesnt remember exactly what was happening. I have no idea how to help him and its frightening. He's only 7 and is suicidal 😢

Vlog related: i didnt watch the one released yesterday, but saw the photo of abbie facedown in the pool. Maybe its my kid's death talk, but i def thought wow she looks... not alive

Happy belated America day, Americans!

• Sad
  • Heart

Kermy

VIP Member
Iv
A couple weeks back, P made a remark about Abbie's tantrums and them not dealing with them more attentively.
She said: "We're the ones who have to live with her, we want her to be happy."
I thought that was very telling.
Not only are they scared of dealing her tantrums but they know it takes a lot of hard work, a lot of time, and a lot of grief dealing with Abbie's tantrums. But the thing is, the longer they don't deal with them, the harder it will be when the time comes that it's not acceptable to allow Abbie to lash out and they try to get her under control. Just like with the yelling stim that they were (sort of) trying to reduce or minimize. They let her do it freely for so long, I really don't think they'll ever be able to stop her doing it.
Even if Abbie ends up living in their ideal scenario of having carers live in the home with her, they aren't going to put up with Abbie's fits of rage on a daily basis, especially when that means dealing with physical violence. It will get to a point where the only solution is to have Abbie heavily sedated.

Yes, Priscilla, you guys are the ones who have to live with her. Which is all the more reason to get on top of this behavior. You're making it worse for yourselves and worse for whoever is responsible for taking care of her in the future.

She probably thinks it "brightens the under eye area" and camouflages dark circles. Except now she had white under eye circles which looks equally unflattering. Under eye concealer should brighten... but not like THAT.
I've noticed they don't seem to be sending her to her room for the yelling stim anymore. How long did that last, a couple weeks?
To paraphrase an old saying...they made their bed and they have to lie in it
Face it they are never ever going to follow through with anything and in 10 years when Abbie is beyond control or hurts someone they will blame JSA and every therapist Abbie has ever had
They do not take responsibility for their own actions and are always right
They're so busy "living their best lives" after all

• Heart
  • Sad

Rfamily

The whole family went to the store to get a few non-essential items? Touched a bunch of stuff? And didn't leave the store when Abbie was "done" wearing a mask?

And then P and S went to a different store to get groceries?

And all of this in Florida, where shit is getting real about the Coronavirus? WTH is wrong with them?
For real!! I’m in Florida and haven’t been inside a store in ages. My kids haven’t been at all since this started. Just do delivery or curbside pickup. This is NOT the time to be recreationally shopping with the whole family. These people are part of the problem.

• Heart

RocketQueen

VIP Member
Morning all, hope everyone had a happy 4th! And Bamboozled....I hope you are comfortable, broken hand! OUCH!

What the hell is wrong with Isaiah? He will be 19 in three months. Getting ready to move out on his own for college, and he allows his mommy to dress him a romper. A romper. That would be cute on my toddler granddsons not a man. When my sons were this age they would never had allowed me to post such a picture, and I certainly wasnt out buying them ridiculous outfits like this. The pathology is interesting though. Abbie gets an MTV tshirt, and Isaiah gets a onesie. P's baby. And he allows it. Its just unhealthy on so many levels.

• Heart
  • Haha

RocketQueen

VIP Member
Her therapist didnt seem too excited or shocked to me. Shes been working on those same 3 colors for months.
And ok. So. Asa said Abbie was doing well wearing the mask so they took it off so she could have a break. What the hell kind of ass backward logic is this?! She did WELL so you took it off? And then put it back on only when its time to go to the car??!! I think I'm about to bust a vessel in my brain. 😡

• Angry
  • Heart

mbkw999

Anyone else hear Summer call them all out on their laziness when it comes to Abbie and her sign language?! See I think Summer gets what's going on and probably tries to help as much as she can but at the end of the day she's neither a trained professional or Abbie's parent. Thought it was very interesting that Ass cut from that part of the vlog pretty damn quick.

• Heart

RocketQueen

VIP Member
Anyone else hear Summer call them all out on their laziness when it comes to Abbie and her sign language?! See I think Summer gets what's going on and probably tries to help as much as she can but at the end of the day she's neither a trained professional or Abbie's parent. Thought it was very interesting that Ass cut from that part of the vlog pretty damn quick.
I did notice that, and I was glad she said something. It is so sad that at 15 she knows so few signs, and most of them are useless. Nothing but food items and cart and car rides. The only ones that have meaning are bathroom and break, and she doesnt use them properly.

• Sad
Reactions: 24

derr1117

VIP Member
We’ve had many clients male and female who’d have tatrums and strip or they were bored and not being engaged enough. Whatever the issue was, staff would stop everything, make the client get dressed and then resume the activity. They‘d lose whatever reinforcement they were working for.
this could work for Abbie. Keep your clothes on and you can go for a golf cart ride. Keep your clothes on and we can go to dunkin. These strategies will work for low functioning people like Abbie. It’s getting asshat piggy and dummer to follow through

• Heart

BloodyMermaid

Tonight's vlog 5.7.20 from Facebook

Looks like her all bitching on Twitter over Abbie not being able to go to Target was for nothing because it didn’t stop their obese asses.

Anyone else notice when he showed the iPad one time awhile back the colors are not next to each other on the pad for her to pick... and he holds the correct color over that color button so she gets it right. So she really has no clue it’s just what he’s holding it over she picks. He doesn’t want to change the colors or add more because he knows there will be major failures till he gets her to do the trick with the new colors.

That was BS about her bedroom! Make her go up earlier to pick everything up. They are slobs so it’s understandable to let her be one too. There is no reason her stuff needs to be dumped out while she’s sleeping. She should have been made to clean up her toys when she was done playing. That’s why she never understood when she dumped stuff like dog food and garbage that she had to clean it up.

These vlogs get more ridiculous as time goes on. When they do talk about Abbie it’s not teaching anyone anything. And showing her abilities is really showing how piss poor they have been in consistency with her. And something is fishy in ABA therapy town.... I believe Brandi is probably not coming back. I think Medicare pulled their waiver because she should be back by now. Or they’d have a new therapist if Brandi didn’t feel comfortable coming. Something is definitely going on there.... no checkups by video chat or mention of her anything. And now she’s doing the Speech therapy instead.... I think it was a trade off. She needs the life skills not these colors and eating food on cue.

• Heart

Hotographer512

VIP Member
Oh boy.
Now they are justifying Abbie jumping in the pool naked. It's just who she is...
And saying she knows the difference between her pool at home and other bodies of water. Really?
Apparently, for a poor soul who has no idea where she even is in space and time, she's intelligent enough to not have that behavior except at home.
Wow.
They really are in denial and delusional af.
I wonder if she strips naked at those pool parties they have had? What about when that weirdo Guellmero or whatever his name is comes over? Or any of Isiah's friends? I know it's rare they have people over, especially this year, but the questions linger. It may not "bother" Abbie but somebody should be bothered by it. IMO.
They gave up years ago trying to do anything with Abbie. That includes potty training.
And it's obvious.
#sorryasses

• Heart
  • Sad

Msbullwnkl

VIP Member
FB_IMG_1593339932591.jpg

If only I could smack them right now. If they wanted to get everyone out of the house, go for a walk in the neighborhood. It is a whole lot safer and easier to social distance than a Target.

I believe 🐷 shops just to shop. I can't even begin to think the amount of shit she brings home from her shopping.

At this point, I think the only way they will take this virus seriously is for one of them to get sick. I shouldn't wish this upon any of them, but they think they are invincible.

• Haha
  • Heart

WowMeowMeowWow

VIP Member
First off, 🐷 really struggles in the intelligence department. Did y’all see Summers face when she told Asa to slow down on the instructions? Like they all have to dumb things down for The Makeup Empire Guru?
In perfect 🐷 fashion, the first thing she is looking for is the place to put her “water” aka Dunkin’ or Mojitos.
It took Big P forever to get on the Magical Peloton. She was already breathing heavy before she even started to cycle. All of that and she rides 1 MILE! 😮So, today is day 3, so she has ridden 3 miles! Way to go, Beb. 🤪
Who thinks she is already rewarding herself with second helpings and an extra dinner roll? ME!🙋🏼‍♀️

ETA:
Assa saying he is “editing” P’s stuff, so he was going to be spending a lot of time behind the computer...Ummmm Hummmm! We know, Assa & 🐷..doctoring photos takes up a lot of the day.😜

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

Pink Marshmallow

VIP Member
Another couple things that bothered me. Isaiah wearing his hat at the dinner table. I think that's bad manners. It's silly enough wearing your hat indoors but at least take it off for the time you're sitting at the dinner table eating with your family.

Asa and Summer having a full on conversation about Abbie, right in front of Abbie. It ticks me off whenever any of them talk about her as if she isn't there when she's standing a couple feet away. Abbie's mental capabilities aside, I think it's very rude to talk about her as if she isn't there.

Catseverywhere

The whole family are weird. Isaiah with his manhandling, play fighting and wrapping his legs around his sister in the pool. Summer and her weird tickling and constantly touching Abbie and getting in her space. Assa and his insistence on bathing and toileting Abbie, brushing her hair and styling it, making her wear skin tight leggings with a huge diaper on show. My creep factor was screaming at me when I saw Summer tickling Abbie in her room and straddling her on the bed to tickle her-thats just fucking weird.

• Heart

biyom

I think they're actively trying to get COVID so they have some content to film. Nothing else makes sense.

• Heart