Fathering Autism #33 The Spanx are a Strainin' The Peloton seat starts the complainin'!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hope Assa addresses this 4th of July onesie B.S. in the vlog.
I am searching for a logical explanation as to wtf.
I can't come up with one.
I'm not sure even a gay guy his age would wear something so infantile.
So him being gay isn't a logical explanation..
*bangs head on wall*

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I must go watch now lol
I seen the TikToc!! lol She's really gross!! Who the hell does she think she is! A women her age should be ashamed of herself! Theirs something wrong upstairs with this women!!

I hope Assa addresses this 4th of July onesie B.S. in the vlog.
I am searching for a logical explanation as to wtf.
I can't come up with one.
I'm not sure even a gay guy his age would wear something so infantile.
So him being gay isn't a logical explanation..
*bangs head on wall*
Every time I see your post and profile pic, I crack up!! Your too funny!!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Ohhhhh...
Because its a romphim we're supposed to feel ok about it?
Because it has a stupid name that implies its for males?
No.
That does not work for me.
*bangs head some more*

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Caught up! Been missing you guys. Had some issues with my kids that have been... a lot. Ive reached out to all the people i can, and nobody is listening. Its exhausting.

Ill ask here, if that's okay? My eldest is sensory avoidant, and has always been moody. When he gets upset or overwhelmed or injured, he immediately starts talking about wanting to die. We need to restrain him to prevent him from going into traffic or grabbing a weapon (usually a knife to hurt himself with). Its almost like... obsessive/ compulsive. He gets the idea and then is desperately trying to achieve it.

Once he calms down, he usually doesnt remember exactly what was happening. I have no idea how to help him and its frightening. He's only 7 and is suicidal 😢

Vlog related: i didnt watch the one released yesterday, but saw the photo of abbie facedown in the pool. Maybe its my kid's death talk, but i def thought wow she looks... not alive

Happy belated America day, Americans!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
What the hell is a romphim?
And there's this little tidbit for you viewing pleasure, I give him 2 semesters tops tbh

They are just too firmly enmeshed in each others lives
That "romphim" is just awful.
Totally agree they are too enmeshed.
I am hoping (but losing hope) that I will get away and grow up and move past this overly close relationship with his mother.

One thing I've noted by talking to other siblings is that the part of growing up that would have you rebel and separate from your parents is very difficult when you are the right age to do it. By then, you've been a little adult and too in tune with the fact that your parents are on the edge. You don't want to be the thing that pushes them over. Getting away gives you the space to at least separate physically. Or it used to.

I worry about P wanting to be so involved with his choices and life. I had the insulation of distance, no internet, no cellphones and no way for my family to control me from afar. I wouldn't put it past them to try to install a camera in his dorm room.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Caught up! Been missing you guys. Had some issues with my kids that have been... a lot. Ive reached out to all the people i can, and nobody is listening. Its exhausting.

Ill ask here, if that's okay? My eldest is sensory avoidant, and has always been moody. When he gets upset or overwhelmed or injured, he immediately starts talking about wanting to die. We need to restrain him to prevent him from going into traffic or grabbing a weapon (usually a knife to hurt himself with). Its almost like... obsessive/ compulsive. He gets the idea and then is desperately trying to achieve it.

Once he calms down, he usually doesnt remember exactly what was happening. I have no idea how to help him and its frightening. He's only 7 and is suicidal 😢

Vlog related: i didnt watch the one released yesterday, but saw the photo of abbie facedown in the pool. Maybe its my kid's death talk, but i def thought wow she looks... not alive

I know he is only seven, and you are always on top of things so I hesitate to ask, but is he seeing a psychiatrist yet? I am not an autism/sensory expert by any means but I have seen many autistic children of my clients (their mothers are my clients) that exhibit this same behavior. Usually mental disorder diagnosis are not made until one enters their teens, with a handful of exceptions like ODD, IDD, GDD, etc., but I have seen young children benefit from medications at an early age. I'm so sorry, I know it breaks your heart to hear him say things like that.

Reactions: 19

I'm going to speak from experience about the suicidal impulses. My brother has had them. (One of my earliest memories is my Dad finding him in the next room after he had tried to hang himself.) In his case, it wasn't so much that he wanted to die, it was more that he absolutely could not cope with how things were and saw it as a way out of pain. It started early with him, too.

He started treatment for depression/anxiety after that. It should have been earlier. It did help. He was a teenager and it took a while for them to find the right things to help, but that part did get better.

I am so sorry you are going through this. And yes, the face down image triggered something in me, too. If I thought they'd actually get what they did with that one, I'd say something.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I know he is only seven, and you are always on top of things so I hesitate to ask, but is he seeing a psychiatrist yet? I am not an autism/sensory expert by any means but I have seen many autistic children of my clients (their mothers are my clients) that exhibit this same behavior. Usually mental disorder diagnosis are not made until one enters their teens, with a handful of exceptions like ODD, IDD, GDD, etc., but I have seen young children benefit from medications at an early age. I'm so sorry, I know it breaks your heart to hear him say things like that.
Thank you for checking in! I'm on a waiting list for him, but the health care professionals here really dont think its serious because it happens with a meltdown. They take all his issues less seriously just because he's autistic. (Hes considered high functioning/ level 1, which i think is adding to the difficulty in accessing resources for him)

What I've been doing lately is emailing a social worker every time an incident occurs. I figure it saves, cant really get lost, and its going right to the people supposed to help.

They did a suicide risk assessment with him (called ASIST here in canada) but they say that he doesnt have an active plan that we dont need to worry as much.

That makes sense for an adult, but kids are more likely to be spontaneous it seems like?? It seems to me that a plan isnt always a thing people do?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I don’t necessarily get gay vibes from Isaiah. He has mentioned he has social anxiety so I think he’s just more on the shy side and maybe lacking maturity that matches most boys his age.

He’s most likely a Virgin and that’s why he comes off like that. Virgin adult males tend to come off timid and shy. When he went to prom he didn’t control that situation at all, he let his parents basically take control and do a whole photoshoot with he and his date. It should have been a simple few photos by the house and then let him go, also they vlogged it.
I agree. I get more shy and socially awkward/socially anxious energy from him rather than being gay. I don't think that just because he doesn't always exude the stereotypical 'masculine' energy, that that means he's gay. I don't even think he exhibits a whole lot of what might be considered effeminate energy either. It's more shyness and awkwardness. He doesn't have the most self confidence either which isn't surprising considering he has Ass-hat for a Father who is always beating him down mentally and emotionally.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.