Fathering Autism #33 The Spanx are a Strainin' The Peloton seat starts the complainin'!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The whole family went to the store to get a few non-essential items? Touched a bunch of stuff? And didn't leave the store when Abbie was "done" wearing a mask?

And then P and S went to a different store to get groceries?

And all of this in Florida, where tit is getting real about the Coronavirus? WTH is wrong with them?

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 26
The whole family went to the store to get a few non-essential items? Touched a bunch of stuff? And didn't leave the store when Abbie was "done" wearing a mask?

And all of this in Florida, where tit is getting real about the Coronavirus? WTH is wrong with them?
Exactly. Zero reason to parade the whole family out. And as Bamboozled mentioned, Im sure they have curbside pick-up to boot.
I'm not watching the Vlog Squad thing. Maybe tomorrow after work. I dont want the rest of my evening ruined lol

• Haha
Reactions: 20
And Asa saying it's kind of ''abuse-y'' that Abbie's school had her facing a cement wall during lessons. It's not abuse, it's putting her in a space with as little amount of distractions as possible. Abbie shows constantly that she is very easily distracted. Having her facing a wall is one solution for that.
Does anyone here see it as abusive?

Reactions: 23

For real!! I’m in Florida and haven’t been inside a store in ages. My kids haven’t been at all since this started. Just do delivery or curbside pickup. This is NOT the time to be recreationally shopping with the whole family. These people are part of the problem.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
And Asa saying it's kind of ''abuse-y'' that Abbie's school had her facing a cement wall during lessons. It's not abuse, it's putting her in a space with as little amount of distractions as possible. Abbie shows constantly that she is very easily distracted. Having her facing a wall is one solution for that.
Not at all. I am on the spectrum and I work with autistic kids and adults. When I do research or office work my desk needs to be completely empty. My colleagues "borrow" my office for clients that are easily distracted. One could argue that cement is visually unpleasant and another colour would have a calming effect, but as long as it helps Abbie concentrate, it does what it's supposed to do.

Hello by the way. Finally caught up (those threads are moving fast)

Reactions: 19
P: throws a fit on twitter about not being able to force Abbie to go inside Target because she won't be able to wear a mask.

Also P: brings Abbie to target anyway

Anyone else think they brought the whole family hoping they wouldn't allow Abbie in so they could get some good clickbait? Possibly even a news story?

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Thank you @RocketQueen and others for your sympathy and well wishes regarding my hand. I’m doing fine! The incident took place on Friday at the park... too many Margaritas and white claws with the bestie. At least we had a good time while getting injured lol. But I was still able to enjoy yesterday. I’ve been doing a whole lot of sleeping and taking ibuprofen today.

Isaiah is a fool for letting his mom dress him like that. I just watched today’s vlog and I agree with others who’ve said that they had no business going to target as a family. Idk why they need to make everything a whole production. And weren’t they going to talk about their disappointment about having to be masked up? Do you all think maybe they realized how dumb they were for even asking for leniency? Some of the bars in my city had reopened and the mayor shut them down two weeks later. And of course we are and have been doing much better than Florida. You don’t see anyone walking around with no mask, or making unnecessary trips. That being said, I’m pretty sure their target has curbside pickup ... just like ours do. Idk why they didn’t just order their stupid tit and do it that way. Always looking for ways to be extra. Also we don’t touch anything we’re not gonna buy. Really the only places I’ve been to has been grocery stores and gas stations but I’ve cut that out and just get our groceries delivered now.
When our state ( Illinois) had really high numbers no kids under 18 were allowed in the stores and only 1 adult ( from the same house) was allowed in at a time unless you are handicapped. No reason they all had to go. Oh and the bed time routine is definitely how a typical teen goes to bed 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

I'm on the fence. On one hand, it would be very abusive to a NT child long term. That child knows what they are missing by facing the wall, understands feelings of isolation and lack of interaction with others.

On the other hand....I dont know about Abbie because I can not understand her thought process. No one can really. She doesnt communicate or play with other children, so that wouldnt be an issue. If she has sensory issues it would seem logical to reduce stimuli....but what about needed stimuli...??...is she getting that while facing the wall? No one knows. 🤔🤔🤔🤔

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Wow, Asshat is a complete fool. Jen asked him what he values most that isn't worth money. He said when he got 500,000 viewers his family made him a banner that he threw away and doesn't see why they didn't just get him a card. WTF is wrong with him?
Asshat, shut the duck up with the therapist! Also, interesting that Assa acts interested when Abbie uses her device in front of the therapist. They never show Abbie using that device in the vlogs. maybe Abbie does use it throughout the day, but you would think that would be part of the vlog if she did actually use the device for communication on a reg basis. I bet she DOES NOT use it.
Abbie wearing that mask in the store and then they take it off but put it back on her to walk tot he car....what bleeping idiots.
I so badly want to post something messed up about the Massives on Je a live but I feel bad for Jen.
This LIVE with Jen is really kinda boring and the questions are silly.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Wow, Asshat is a complete fool. Jen asked him what he values most that isn't worth money. He said when he got 500,000 viewers his family made him a banner that he threw away and doesn't see why they didn't just get him a card. WTF is wrong with him?
Asshat, shut the duck up with the therapist! Also, interesting that he acts interested when Abbie uses her device. They never show her using. that thing in the vlogs.aybe Abboe does use it throughout the day, but you would think that would be part of the vlog if she did use it. I bet she DOES NOT use it.
Abbie wearing that mask in the store and then they take it off but put it back on her to walk tot he car....what bleeping idiots.
I so badly want to post something messed up about the Massives on Je a live but I feel bad for Jen.
This LIVE with Jen is really kinda boring and the questions are silly.
Good then I'm not missing anything. LOL
P.S. Asa should've said when he BOUGHT his 500,000th viewer......
And....what a tacky way to toot your own horn Asshat.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Maybe a repeat, but those were some longgg glances at Asa while driving. Look at Isa. cluelessly looking down, while the driver is speeding along w/ her coffee 🙄 on her lap while she’s not in full control of the vehicle.

I was thinking at 1st that her long gaze is due to medication. It could be. Maybe Wellbutrin? Since it can cause long staring. But she’s so slow moving that it might be a Benzo or anti-anxiety effect from an SSRI. She hardly has the energy of someone who got up & exercised. I’m nit-picking on her because what she did was extremely careless & dangerous. NO ONE should be vlogging while driving! And what did ASSa try to say about vlogging while driving, that he’s less distracted vlogging vs drinking coffee while driving. Well F the world then ASSa, you must be right, because you said so. Arrogant SOB!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Exactly. Zero reason to parade the whole family out. And as Bamboozled mentioned, Im sure they have curbside pick-up to boot.
I'm not watching the Vlog Squad thing. Maybe tomorrow after work. I dont want the rest of my evening ruined lol
Don’t waste your time. The Live is a snooze fest. I stopped watching after 10 min

Reactions: 15
FB_IMG_1593339932591.jpg

If only I could smack them right now. If they wanted to get everyone out of the house, go for a walk in the neighborhood. It is a whole lot safer and easier to social distance than a Target.

I believe 🐷 shops just to shop. I can't even begin to think the amount of tit she brings home from her shopping.

At this point, I think the only way they will take this virus seriously is for one of them to get sick. I shouldn't wish this upon any of them, but they think they are invincible.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Is it just me or did the Massives (Asshat and Big P) look very nervous watching the comments roll in on Jens live? Asa had a very funny look on his face.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Why do all 5 need to go to target ? Where I stay you can’t even go into a shop in a pair.
I’ve been the only one going shopping in my family. Do I miss going to Target and slowly walking the aisles with my young adult daughter? Yes I do, but I just don’t think now is the time to be putting extra bodies in stores! I’m trying to get in and out of any store in record time! It’s all for the vlog with the Massssessss. There is no reason for more than one person to go shopping. How all their ‘fans’ don’t call them out on that I just don’t understand!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Don’t waste your time. The Live is a snooze fest. I stopped watching after 10

Reactions: 8
Just the fact that the Massives have been out on their camping vacation not bothering with masks and now taking Abbie to Target...what if she is asymptomatic and spreading it to others? Oh, shame on me for thinking the princess should cover her face or just not go into public spaces. What am I thinking?!?

He didn’t edit out her JMS (just my size brand) underwear. Maybe it’s because big box stores generally only sell size 5-10 in underwear....can’t say I’ve ever seen an 11-13, but possible. I’m guessing, but a size 10 would be for the lower 200 lbs. Like under 240. Not sure if you’re there yet Priss. I think she did try to say she’s 270? That underwear won’t be staying on her. It’ll roll w/ the rolls.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I'm on the fence. On one hand, it would be very abusive to a NT child long term. That child knows what they are missing by facing the wall, understands feelings of isolation and lack of interaction with others.

On the other hand....I dont know about Abbie because I can not understand her thought process. No one can really. She doesnt communicate or play with other children, so that wouldnt be an issue. If she has sensory issues it would seem logical to reduce stimuli....but what about needed stimuli...??...is she getting that while facing the wall? No one knows. 🤔🤔🤔🤔
I'd say it depends on the length. Of course I am not advocating for any child or teenager to stare at a blank wall the entire day, but how long are those lessons going to be realistically? And ideally the tasks are appealing enough for Abbie to work on them. This is just a theory, but it might be more relaxing for her to focus on something without anything bothering her. Especially since her life at home is so chaotic and unpredictable. Again, I can't know for sure.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.