Fathering Autism #28 Wet dog smells and laundry in a pile. Nose rubs & pool baths. Oh so vile!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
omg i know what you mean ... she looks dazed and not quite there.
I have started thinking that too... I really think it has to do with her medication... I think the doctors are starting to overmedicate and it is zoning her out, which can and does happen, when a person gets so out of control and they have to figure out how much aggression people around them can take verses how much medication needs to be taken to stop the aggression. The problem, sometimes more medication is needed than the brain can handle and it causes the person to zonk out, even being coherent... Sadly, there is sometimes nothing the doctors can do because if they adjust back, the aggression picks up and if they change the medication completely, it takes a while to decrease the old, start and build up the new and then possible side effects...
We have only had 1 of our 4 that have had aggression issues. We have thankfully handled them with therapy and a very small dosage of psych medications... I am not against medications, totally the opposite but also believe in the power that therapy gives and provides... OT, Speech and general play therapy have provided not only our son but the whole family tools to help de-escalate the aggression we were seeing and experiencing...
Sadly, Abbie is given very little tools in her toolbox to help her work through aggression and the parents pick and choose medications and when to finally increase them...

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I have started thinking that too... I really think it has to do with her medication... I think the doctors are starting to overmedicate and it is zoning her out, which can and does happen, when a person gets so out of control and they have to figure out how much aggression people around them can take verses how much medication needs to be taken to stop the aggression. The problem, sometimes more medication is needed than the brain can handle and it causes the person to zonk out, even being coherent... Sadly, there is sometimes nothing the doctors can do because if they adjust back, the aggression picks up and if they change the medication completely, it takes a while to decrease the old, start and build up the new and then possible side effects...
We have only had 1 of our 4 that have had aggression issues. We have thankfully handled them with therapy and a very small dosage of psych medications... I am not against medications, totally the opposite but also believe in the power that therapy gives and provides... OT, Speech and general play therapy have provided not only our son but the whole family tools to help de-escalate the aggression we were seeing and experiencing...
Sadly, Abbie is given very little tools in her toolbox to help her work through aggression and the parents pick and choose medications and when to finally increase them...
I can testify that seroquel (which Abbie is on) can definitely make you zone out and be zombie like. It took some trial and error for me and my doctor to find a dose that worked for what I needed it to work for, but not leave me totally zombified.
You're completely right in all that you've said. What I've observed of Abbie in past vlogs was not always aggression (altho that was definitely there) but there were times when she would be SUPER hyper. I'm talking about giggly, lots of clapping, laughing, running from one end of the house to the other. They'd call it her "power hour". There were a couple of times where they weren't able to get her prescription filled on time and as a result, Abbie was hyper pretty much all day long. So, I think that's most likely the other reason they upped her dosage. For the hyperactivity as well as aggression.
I can't say for certain but I feel like if they would just put in more effort and consistency (I know - I sound like a broken record with this) and explore more therapy options... they wouldn't have to dope her up quite as much. But sadly we know A&P are pretty damn'd lazy. It's funny in a way because Asa likes to talk about how he wants Abbie to be on the least amount of medication as possible and doesn't want her being a doped out zombie. Almost a year ago, it was clear that Abbie's current meds were no longer working and things needed to be changed. But Asa dragged his feet for a loooong time before finally taking her to the doctor because he was being stubborn about not wanting to increase her meds.

Reactions: 10
You have to watch for the epic belly shake near the end. Wtf :sick:

View attachment 153582

This was filmed at Dummer's pool party. So I guess there were at least a couple more people there than was shown on the vlog.

But to be fair on this one, it IS pretty annoying when people ask questions that are answered in the vlog. It's so simple. It's just like... just watch the video!
LOL
Sorry, pet peeve of mine.

(Normally I don't agree with Amanda Lee, so this is weird for me. Plz excuse the rhyming. ;))
Yeah. I get it. But there is no need to be rude is all I'm thinking.
Rude people grind my gears!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I just watched a blog of Kaitlyn and Kaidale and she has her hands full. He was hitting her and she feels she has PTSD because she never knows when he might lash out. In the next breath she says he is a sweet loving boy. She really has a difficult life ahead and I can't see how she can raise him. He is 8 and already on propzac.
A "sweet loving boy" ...
This will be another case of a broken mom with broken bones and briused eyes.
These kids need discipline and a strict daily schedule, no sugarcoating and spoiling for violence
and acting up.

Reactions: 11
lets see here....
hes a world renowned expert in autism
shes an expert in cooking and makeup
and together
they're experts on marriage

yeah...sure just the kind of role models we all want in our lives
They could start a new business..... marriage counseling. ;):sick:

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13

She is such a witch. At least say youā€™re sorry for what she is going through.
I replied to the personā€™s comment that I was sorry and she shouldnā€™t blame herself. That she shouldnā€™t expect her question to be answered here though. That she would get through this and find the strength. I wished her good luck.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
This was filmed at Dummer's pool party. So I guess there were at least a couple more people there than was shown on the vlog.
Thats Isaiahs boys helping boys squad members.

*And I know they think they are men now.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
She's greedy as hell. Even if she had if massive plate of food, she is grabbing and stealing food from others.
Compared to her lazyness with other activities this is quite strange.
The girl is only willing to develope skills, when she's seeing a benefit for her.
I try so hard to understand this type of comment but I just can't. You do realize she is severely IDD and at about the level of an 18 month to 2 year WITH severe disability. How can you see her as greedy? or lazy? She also appears to have moderate to severe muscle hypotonia. Children with hypotonia have increased flexibility, poor posture and obviously get tired very easily.

She is also on meds that cause side effects. Maybe hunger is one....maybe fatigue is one...

For you to think she has the mental capability to learn a skill because she "thinks" it will benefit her? What the duck? She has no idea what benefits her as far as learning.

Your dislike for this child is just off the charts weird and disturbing to me. This thread is about the Maass parents for exploiting their daughter, lying and fleecing fans for money. If you like to pick on disabled kids, call them names and disparage them there is a forum for you and everyone will find your comments hilarious. You can all Abbie any name you want...say horrible things about her, even wish her dead and you will fit right in.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I try so hard to understand this type of comment but I just can't. You do realize she is severely IDD and at about the level of an 18 month to 2 year WITH severe disability. How can you see her as greedy? or lazy? She also appears to have moderate to severe muscle hypotonia. Children with hypotonia tone have increased flexibility, poor posture and obviously get tired very easily.

She is also on meds that cause side effects. Maybe hunger is one....maybe fatigue is one...

For you to think she has the mental capability to learn a skill because she "thinks" it will benefit her? What the duck? She has no idea what benefits her as far as learning.

Your dislike for this child is just off the charts weird and disturbing to me. This thread is about the Maass parents for exploiting their daughter, lying and fleecing fans for money. If you like to pick on disabled kids, call them names and disparage them there is a forum for you and everyone will find your comments hilarious. You can all Abbie any name you want...say horrible things about her, even wish her dead and you will fit right in.
I havenā€™t said anything bad about Abbie...I feel very very sorry for her. But I do think her parents must work on food snatching/stealing with her. I also donā€™t think she understands much...like missing someone (Summer saying goodbye for example) or that she has any time concept. Itā€™s a very sad situation for all involved, and will probably not get much better.

• Heart
Since Father's Day in the US is in one week, do you think we'll hear more on the RV situation?

• Haha
I havenā€™t said anything bad about Abbie...I feel very very sorry for her. But I do think her parents must work on food snatching/stealing with her. I also donā€™t think she understands much...like missing someone (Summer saying goodbye for example) or that she has any time concept. Itā€™s a very sad situation for all involved, and will probably not get much better.
There aren't many people here who make such horrible remarks about this child, just a few. Of course they need to work with her and it is their fault, not Abbies. When I see an adult here making such nasty remarks all I see is a bully picking on a disabled child.

The only way to ever get Abbie to understand not touching food is to teach/train her like a dog. Or...they all stop touching or tasting any food in front of her. Like, don't walk by someone carving meat and take a taste, don't dip your finger in a batter and taste it....all of that would have to stop.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
I couldnā€™t take the lies tonight yā€™all...
I had to say something...
They are the LAST people that should be handing out marriage advise....
Until you own up to your problems and can admit your mistakes without crying, blaming and casting accusations, you cannot move past of what is going on...
A&P are no where near moved on from his cheating. Want to know why P got so big? Emotional eating will do that.. Why do you think Asa has grown a ton lately? It didnā€™t happen until ā€œthe crying vlogā€ came out. Now, he is packing on the pounds because I guarantee they are still fighting about it at times..
View attachment 153571

What Priscilla?!?
Youā€™ll were married!!!! If you are married and you sleep with someone else, that is called CHEATING!!!!
Maybe Asa has convinced you otherwise but until the divorce papers are signed, you are cheating, if you lay down with someone that isnā€™t your spouse...
I just canā€™t with this woman right now...

• Haha
Reactions: 16
:sick: Does she not watch these things before they're posted !! Besides the wibble wobble why would a middle aged woman shove herself in between two younger men and dance like she thinks she's desirable, the stomping round in a full circle is somewhat less than elegant.
I finally gave in and watched it. I swear her belly has a life all it's own, it moved kind of independently of her body...it just swooshed and swooshed. If the fans can see that and still believe that woman is losing weight? Then you could "tail" them anything and they would believe it. :ROFLMAO:

Their vlogs are home videos at this point, no fathering autism...just home videos. Big yawn at watching anyone's home videos except your own family.

Like someone inviting you over to watch their vacation videos including 45 minutes of recorded fireworks with the ever present "oohhs" and 'ahhhs" in the background.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.