Fathering Autism #26 Over-buying & drinkin'.. What the hell are they thinkin'?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her school would he doing I. E.P.'s and I could swear Ab 's was right before the isolation poop hit the fan. One of them mentioned it. That was when home services stopped too, coincidentally or not.
Yeah, they did one on video conference during quarantine. That’s when they were asking about what they were supposed to be with the money and shopping (which I guess Asa never did make that store)

Reactions: 3
Yes...but is it vogue to do so? Is it less popular to vlog awareness about IDD?
Yes because Autism is equivalent to breast cancer when it comes to awareness. You always see pink ribbons for breast cancer just like you see a puzzle piece for autism(although some don’t agree with it). People are more interested in a disorder that’s already out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Yeah, they did one on video conference during quarantine. That’s when they were asking about what they were supposed to be with the money and shopping (which I guess Asa never did make that store)
I don't quite understand how her ability to "shop" is ever going to help her in the real world. Unless every item in every store has a picture matching her money she will never be able to understand it. I don't think a grocery store is going to stick on pictures of quarters and dimes and dollar bills on each item. And even though she's been exposed to outings where you bring your items to the check out and hand a cashier your card will she ever understand any of what she is actually doing or even retain the knowledge of those steps. I can see her in a store taking an item off a shelf and eating it. If I brought a two year old into a grocery or retail store they would have no comprehension of the process of choosing, calculating how much money something was and the steps to checking out with it. Abbie is no different than that two year old.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
I don't quite understand how her ability to "shop" is ever going to help her in the real world. Unless every item in every store has a picture matching her money she will never be able to understand it. I don't think a grocery store is going to stick on pictures of quarters and dimes and dollar bills on each item. And even though she's been exposed to outings where you bring your items to the check out and hand a cashier your card will she ever understand any of what she is actually doing or even retain the knowledge of those steps. I can see her in a store taking an item off a shelf and eating it. If I brought a two year old into a grocery or retail store they would have no comprehension of the process of choosing, calculating how much money something was and the steps to checking out with it. Abbie is no different than that two year old.
It’s because that’s what her classmates do actually need so she goes along on the field trips. I don’t think A&P really care .
but anything she does can be good for her social skills and OT so it’s not going to hurt her.

Reactions: 4
I went back and watched again....and also wanted to point out that, to me, the part when P says "I replied to one woman and said I don't see color and some lady replied and said that was the problem" then Assa and Isaiah tried to explain to her about the whole color blind thing...She still didn't get why the comment she made was wrong. Isaiah even even says something like.."that's just ignorant" I thought she was going to say I'm sorry about my comment then...but instead she goes on to say I'm sorry were not a political page...or something to that affect...completely not addressing what they just tried to tell her. I think they would have been better off not making that video on the fly. They should have put a little more thought into the addressing it before addressing it. If that makes sense?
Her mom is a Trump supporter, just look at her FB page (Candace Lorraine Keller)

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Can a community post on YouTube be monetized? Amazing all the remarks are positive 🤔. Bet you they even have Summer working on deleting since last night too, after all four hands are better than 3.
Since deleting negative or questioning comments is a Maass family lifeskill do you think they are trying to teach it to Abbie 🙄😒🙃.
This is a serious and scary time all around right now and one positive I can say about the" we were wrong vlog "was it made me laugh.
Just the sheer stupidity of all 3 of them showing through loud and clear

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Can a community post on YouTube be monetized? Amazing all the remarks are positive 🤔. Bet you they even have Summer working on deleting since last night too, after all four hands are better than 3.
Since deleting negative or questioning comments is a Maass family lifeskill do you think they are trying to teach it to Abbie 🙄😒🙃.
This is a serious and scary time all around right now and one positive I can say about the" we were wrong vlog "was it made me laugh.
Just the sheer stupidity of all 3 of them showing through loud and clear
So are they contradicting themselves? I thought they wanted to keep politics out of their vlog.

Btw I’m referring to the community post

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I thought the "apology" video was hilarious. Priscilla was truly confused, at one point I don't think she blinked and then Isiah straight up called her stupid.

Also they give Abby a snack for everything, could they not give her a snack so that they could make their 8 min speech in peace and quiet???

• Haha
Reactions: 22
You do not always get to choose to have your child "put out", not sure what you mean. Do you mean under general anesthetic? The dentist decides that and there are so many factors going into putting a child completely out, to do that you pretty much need an OR setting. When that is done, it is usually for more dental work than a cleaning. We did give mild sedatives and nitrous for check ups, but it all depends on the child's medical history.

It would be better to put some lemon or cucumber in their water than those chemicals, I agree.

The Maass family allows no hate (unless they ae being snarky to people). On their social media they only allow praise ( and donations), no debate, no questions, no advice and certainly nothing they do not want to hear. They know everything about everything and just want heaps of praise, praise, praise.
Yes I meant general anesthesia

I thought the "apology" video was hilarious. Priscilla was truly confused, at one point I don't think she blinked and then Isiah straight up called her stupid.

Also they give Abby a snack for everything, could they not give her a snack so that they could make their 8 min speech in peace and quiet???
Priscilla just seems like the type to be in her own world. Just like when she said she doesn’t believe in government programs because that’s not how she was raised.

So are they contradicting themselves? I thought they wanted to keep politics out of their vlog.

Wow I knew he would blackout his page. Just to stay relevant and not get attacked. However, if he uploads a video today then he would be missing the whole point of #blackoutuesday. It’s not just about Instagram, and I’m sure he’s just following the crowd without knowing why BLM implemented this.

Wow I knew he would blackout his page. Just to stay relevant and not get attacked. However, if he uploads a video today then he would be missing the whole point of #blackoutuesday. It’s not just about Instagram, and I’m sure he’s just following the crowd without knowing why BLM implemented this.
It’s another thing with a lot of misinformation. BLM didn’t implement this. They obviously posted this for reasons you said, to try to keep their fanbase happy but imo they should just be hush about it and leave it alone unless they actually want to take a stance.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
This came to mind earlier, re those two panicking last night sing to suspicious minds tune.
We’re caught in a trap, we can’t take it back,
I think we’ve fucked up this time baby.

• Haha
  • Heart

Thx I couldn't figure out how to just get that to copy 🙄

Reactions: 4
I've been under a rock dealing with stuff. My brother will not, for now, be able to return home. He did briefly and we had more issues with lashing out. I am sorry for him, but also relieved. Managing everything for him is something I did without thinking. When I didn't have to, I saw how much energy it really takes.

Getting caught up here. RE P. being a Trump supporter: I think someone shared an Instagram of her with a a #womenfortrump.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I've been under a rock dealing with stuff. My brother will not, for now, be able to return home. He did briefly and we had more issues with lashing out. I am sorry for him, but also relieved. Managing everything for him is something I did without thinking. When I didn't have to, I saw how much energy it really takes.

Getting caught up here. RE P. being a Trump supporter: I think someone shared an Instagram of her with a a #womenfortrump.
Glad you are back!!
And relieved. 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Welcome back

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.