Fathering Autism #139 Hello! My Name is Dunkin’. Goodbye!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Abbie looks completely overwhelmed in the thumbnail pic.

Taking our kiddos to the doctor can be very tricky. We've been ignored by so many doctors and insulted by others. A lot of times docs don't want to take the time to truly figure out what is wrong with our kids and are quick to label everything as "just autism". It is truly frustrating. That was the main reason why it took us years to get a tourette diagnosis. I had doctors saying all his tics were "just autism", but on the other hand I had all his teachers/therapists saying "this is not JUST autism". Her neck "stim" can actually be a tic. It would actually make sense because tics come and go, plus those with ASD are also prone to have other things along with it like tics, Tourette's, seizures, etc. A specific tic can also last for HOURS or even DAYS. My kiddo just went through a very rough week or more with a very involved abdominal tic. I can't imagine how stiff her neck muscles must be after holding her head like that for so long.
I love you so much for saying this. The discrimination is thick. My son had severe bowl disease for many years and they blamed it on autism. It's a sad reality many of us ASD parent face.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
I’m going dizzy trying to understand why your husband thinks it’s a perk you shake your leg when he’s working over night at the hospital. Im sorry I’m too dense to get the connection.
I read it as a bit of a bit of a funny jab from the husband. Its a perk because he doesn't have to try and rest next to a shaking leg 😂 I could be wrong though.

I myself am a foot mover. I rub my feet together every night as I fall asleep, s9 cosy lol.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m going dizzy trying to understand why your husband thinks it’s a perk you shake your leg when he’s working over night at the hospital. Im sorry I’m too dense to get the connection.
I'm a foot mover. The whole time I'm trying to fall asleep Im moving my feet. It can be disruptive to someone else lol

I read it as a bit of a funny jab from the husband. He

I read it as a bit of a bit of a funny jab from the husband. Its a perk because he doesn't have to try and rest next to a shaking leg 😂 I could be wrong though.

I myself am a foot mover. I rub my feet together every night as I fall asleep, s9 cosy lol.
Me too! 😂 😂

Reactions: 8
I'm a foot mover. The whole time I'm trying to fall asleep Im moving my feet. It can be disruptive to someone else lol

Me too! 😂 😂
HAHA. It's so nice! If my feet aren't rubbing together, one of them will at least be rubbing against the mattress 😂

Reactions: 8
He's so ignorant. I wonder if he even knows that "proof of life" photos are for, ya know, hostages or kidnap victims?
Then again- I suppose it fits. Abbie's whole life is held hostage to that POS. :sick:
When AssA was forcing Abbie to fold the shirts by pinning her against the kitchen island, she went limp and lowered her head. I was heartsick. Hostage situation or worse. Just sick!

ED0252E1-98F2-44B0-90EB-05718830801C.jpeg

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.