Fathering Autism #122 Jr’s in Distress. P is a hot mess. A tries to impress. Sweet Girl will regress.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder what ever happened to their boat. I haven’t heard mention of it for awhile. Maybe just a forgotten toy?

Reactions: 14
Texas has NC beat. There is no required testing for homeschoolers. Because "freedom".
FL is lax too.

The Maasses have two workable options under the law.

1. They can do "traditional" homeschooling, where they're required to maintain a portfolio of work showing progress through the year and where a licensed teacher of the parents' choosing can do an individual evaluation of the student to sign off that they are making progress. There are no minimum required attendance hours.
This is similar to how it works in my state. You simply need to keep samples of your child's work, and there are numerous people with teaching licenses - easily accessible through any of a number of homeschool groups - who will certify the work at the end of the year no problem. The lax rules are why I elected to have my older child attend an online charter school for gifted kids; my child has a schedule and a curriculum with teachers overseeing their work daily. And don't think there's any actual risk in most states (including FL) for signing off on homeschooled kids each year. The state doesn't give a duck as long as the paperwork is in order. It's well known and openly discussed which teachers are available to sign off on any "curriculum," no matter how bullshit it is or how little learning is actually happening, in states with these portfolio rules.

2. Private tutoring. I think this may be where they're leaning because Asa & Priscilla themselves won't be doing the teaching. A licensed teacher is required. Abbie is what's known as an "exceptional student" due to her disabilities, and exceptional students have a variety of educational tracks - if they're not able to complete regular or modified curriculum, they can also attend for some type of vocational preparation in accordance with their abilities. This is the type of "evaluation" Abbie would have each year in either case. She wouldn't be expected to take a math test or a read a paragraph. The private tutor could work with her on anything from toileting to making simple purchases at a store to actual job training if she were capable of such. If the private tutor signs off that she's making progress each year in some sort of vocational training, that's all that's necessary.
You can read the law for that here: https://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2012/1002.43 and it has links to other statutes that defines exceptional students and special needs alternative measures.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
FL is lax too.

The Maasses have two workable options under the law.

1. They can do "traditional" homeschooling, where they're required to maintain a portfolio of work showing progress through the year and where a licensed teacher of the parents' choosing can do an individual evaluation of the student to sign off that they are making progress. There are no minimum required attendance hours.
This is similar to how it works in my state. You simply need to keep samples of your child's work, and there are numerous people with teaching licenses - easily accessible through any of a number of homeschool groups - who will certify the work at the end of the year no problem. The lax rules are why I elected to have my older child attend an online charter school for gifted kids; my child has a schedule and a curriculum with teachers overseeing their work daily. And don't think there's any actual risk in most states (including FL) for signing off on homeschooled kids each year. The state doesn't give a duck as long as the paperwork is in order. It's well known and openly discussed which teachers are available to sign off on any "curriculum," no matter how bullshit it is or how little learning is actually happening, in states with these portfolio rules.

2. Private tutoring. I think this may be where they're leaning because Asa & Priscilla themselves won't be doing the teaching. A licensed teacher is required. Abbie is what's known as an "exceptional student" due to her disabilities, and exceptional students have a variety of educational tracks - if they're not able to complete regular or modified curriculum, they can also attend for some type of vocational preparation in accordance with their abilities. This is the type of "evaluation" Abbie would have each year in either case. She wouldn't be expected to take a math test or a read a paragraph. The private tutor could work with her on anything from toileting to making simple purchases at a store to actual job training if she were capable of such. If the private tutor signs off that she's making progress each year in some sort of vocational training, that's all that's necessary.
You can read the law for that here: https://www.flsenate.gov/Laws/Statutes/2012/1002.43 and it has links to other statutes that defines exceptional students and special needs alternative measures.
That is awesome! We really don’t have to even do that much in our state. It is so much more laxed but there is the end of grade testing all kids are expected to do. We don’t have teacher oversight at all required.

Each state is so different though. I just still don’t see them actually going through with it. They are way too lazy. I see them eventually having to throw the towel in, once they loose their teacher for the __ time and give up. Which is sad for Abbie because she could attend school until she 23.

• Sad
Remember "Deep Thoughts" on Saturday Night Live? Thats what it reminds me of.

Asa: I wonder if everyone loves the sound of my voice as much as I do?
P: I wonder if I can sneak into the pantry while he edits?
YES!!! Deep thoughts with ASSa &
Big P….🤣😂😂😂 This might become a new thing!! Awesome idea! 🥰

It reminds me of those ridiculous senior photos back in the day where it had both of those poses on an 8X10 🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤣😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
That is awesome! We really don’t have to even do that much in our state. It is so much more laxed but there is the end of grade testing all kids are expected to do. We don’t have teacher oversight at all required.

Each state is so different though. I just still don’t see them actually going through with it. They are way too lazy. I see them eventually having to throw the towel in, once they loose their teacher for the __ time and give up. Which is sad for Abbie because she could attend school until she 23.
Oh, I agree. But they are going to hang on as long as possible because whichever option they go with will mean content for the channel, and it'll result in a bump in views for a time. As long as they can make money from it, they'll keep it up.

Can’t imagine anyone wanting to teach in Florida right now, I hear math books are scarce. 😜
but this article refers to shortages in the area of exceptional students.
I have to wonder if a shortage of teachers in public & charter schools will translate to additional certified teachers working in private tutoring, considering the changes to McKay. If I'm reading the article correctly, this is based on "vacancies" in schools. If a teacher can get paid decently as a private tutor for 1 or 2 students with fewer "issues" than they'd face in FL schools, they might feel it's the best option for them.

• Heart
Imagine having such a large platform and criticizing a free service run by volunteers for Autistic kids that is attempting to broaden its availability because you don’t like the fact it’s not an all day event. I don’t know anything about SFA but read how they are trying to extend it by creating local branches. She sounds so selfish.
She. IS. So. Selfish.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
The only plans they have at the moment is to go on their trip in a month from now. They fly by the seat of their pants all the time with everything else in their lives and the only constant for Abbie was going to JSA or the daily trips to Dunkin. This video tonight showed me his lips are moving but he is saying absolutely nothing. They don't have a plan for Abbie. I think they're hoping they find someone who will babysit her during the day and take her "out into the community" for hours on end but I seriously doubt that 1) Assa will not want to micro manage the outings and 2) whoever they get to do this will quickly discover they're underpaid and overworked for this severely disabled IDD person. If they do finds someone by the time they return for the RV trip, I give it until October before we begin to hear about things not working because of certain "behaviors". That is when talk about how wonder boy is graduating in the Spring 2023 and will begin to take on more responsibility with Abbie's day-to-day care. I am sure they've promised him plenty of $$$ to entice him into babysitting Abbie all day and they've probably told him now that he's a college grad, he's perfectly qualified to be her "teacher". I think Isaiah is lazy and would jump at the chance to just hang out at home and get paid for it and he's use to watching Abbie anyway. Maybe I am wrong about all of this but I don't put anything past them to scam their own son. Afterall, look what they do to Abbie.
In a way, I feel sorry for Isaiah. This is all he knows. He hasn't been able to live a normal college boy life because he is soo attached to mama sow and her breast. They haven't taught him independence IMO. For his sake, I hope he comes to realize that there is a great big world out there.

We all know that most everything that comes out of their mouths is a lie. When you are a person that doesn’t lie, it seems like such a weird concept- lie lie lie about Everything. But that is their normal. They live in an environment that is based on untruths. I’m afraid we are just going to have to wait this out until September, October to see what is actually going on and even then! We won’t know how much is the truth. A very strange way of life, to be sure.
I agree, occasionally, just very occasionally we see their true colors! Us here of course, not their humpers

She. IS. So. Selfish.
I COMPLETELY agree!

I think they need to not be giving in to her Dunkin, Zaxby, Chipotle words on her Ipad. I don't understand how her neck can do an almost 90 degree curve like that either.

View attachment 1243741

"Zaxby's Chick Filet, Car Ride, I Need To Use The Bathroom" All punched in succession at lightning speed. She has no idea what she needs to communicate all she is doing is pushing buttons. So when he says she is communicating well I think he's full of it.

View attachment 1243745
I’m in pain just looking at her neck! I don’t see how that wouldn’t be causing Abbie pain and misery. That poor girl sure got screwed in the parent department. She has more than enough challenges in life, then got parents who make everything a thousand times worse because they are so lazy and incompetent. 🤬

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Doing what? Handing out pizza samples in a grocery store??
That's funny, Abbie would have eaten all the pizza herself and if someone actually did get a slice Miss Abbie would snatch it right out of their hands. Thank you for providing this visual.

I have no idea. Our teachers were not allowed to do any of that. They strictly worked with him in the home. His ABA therapist DID work with US out in the community, but my understanding is they cannot use this grant for therapists. So, not sure. I don't know of any legit teacher would be comfortable with taking her into the community.
A & P can't handle taking Abbie somewhere and certainly not by themselves. I guess Assa is better at doing that but P is useless. As a former teacher I would never take a student anywhere by myself, only with an aide I vetted. Can you imagine the liability especially with Abbie and her parents.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Good Lord! That pic of Asshole should come with a warning! My eyes! 🤮
Hang on!!! I’ll grab the bleach! 🙀

YES!!! Deep thoughts with ASSa &
Big P….🤣😂😂😂 This might become a new thing!! Awesome idea! 🥰

It reminds me of those ridiculous senior photos back in the day where it had both of those poses on an 8X10 🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤣😂
That’s definitely her ‘resting witch face’.

• Haha
Day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year, I wait for these effin muppets to slip over on their cheese encrusted, faeces smeared floor and lose the bluddy lot. House, money, the whole kit and kaboodle and end up in their carboard rented house again....., I don't really care about the money. Let em keep that. But oh, losing their slavish followers who told them just how sh*t they are, as people, as characters, as parents. Wake me up when it's happened.... perleeeeeeeeese.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
As a former child carer of children of all abilities, I could not work for people like them, cameras on all the time, that’s ok, but I wouldn’t put it past Arse to have cameras in the bathroom for the carer/teacher’s use! What happens to Abbie when the carer has to use the bathroom, and breaks/ phone use! He is such a sleaze and as someone mentioned before, the carer will end up being a general dogsbody, ‘could you take Abbie for a walk to … and pick up 2 extra grande mocha chocolattes with triple extra cream and on the way back, pick up our dry cleaning (🤦🏼‍♀️Lol ) but you get the idea, Ab will get half way there and decide to sit down and not budge, or take off after flipping the drinks!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
In my opinion… they should have gone on all these “dates” before they got married….(instead of the places he took her when they 1st met) then maybe we wouldn’t have to watch them “date” each other now.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
So if you go to lunch you can call it a date? I think I'm dating my mother and 2 of my neices. These 2 clowns make me barf and since when is running errands a date. The mating life of oinkers is very confusing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.