Fathering Autism #116 Trying homeschooling? Who are they fooling?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you! 🥰🥰
I need all the morale boosting I can get!
I’ll be praying and sending love your way! You are one of the strongest people I know. Every thing you have been through is incredible. Hopefully this surgery fixes you and you never have to deal with health or injuries anymore. Love you!!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Does Lurch think she is a celebrity now? Next she will start doing cameos and I'm very surprised the Maassholes haven't jumped on that cash cow 😂 😂 😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Irish dance curls ☘
OMG!! Exactly! I Irish danced from before I could walk until I was 16 and too cool for it. I got inside info on Michael Flatley. His brother used to be my date at feis’ ( dancing competitions) dinner parties and just about every thing Michael used to say about his upbringing was a flat out lie. He was born and raised in Chicago so I have no idea why he speaks with such a bad Irish accent. Both Flatley boys are incredible dancers. Entitled creeps for the most part.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
OMG!! Exactly! I Irish danced from before I could walk until I was 16 and too cool for it. I got inside info on Michael Flatley. His brother used to be my date at feis’ ( dancing competitions) dinner parties and just about every thing Michael used to say about his upbringing was a flat out lie. He was born and raised in Chicago so I have no idea why he speaks with such a bad Irish accent. Both Flatley boys are incredible dancers. Entitled creeps for the most part.
So he is male version of Boston born and bred ,Hillary Lynn Hayward Thomas Baldwin, a decendent of the Mayflower? She also claims to have danced internationally 😂 😂 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Does Lurch think she is a celebrity now? Next she will start doing cameos and I'm very surprised the Maassholes haven't jumped on that cash cow 😂 😂 😂

I think that's Brandi Carlisle - she's a country singer. So Lurch definitely isn't the celebrity in this pic :ROFLMAO:

I think that's Brandi Carlisle - she's a country singer. So Lurch definitely isn't the celebrity in this pic :ROFLMAO:
Correction. Lurch definitely isn't the celebrity lesbian in this pic. :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
This is a great explanation of why Isaiah isn't doing well with school and can't keep up. He was not taught to DO THE WORK. You just do the work. You get your assignments and you do them - He's watched his slugs of parents do the minimum for the maximum and he has not learned to WORK. What the Massholes call work and what most normal people with jobs and careers call work are VASTLY different and they have done Isaiah no favors. He can't keep up in college, it doesn't look like he knows how to make or keep friendships, he's not involved in anything remotely charitable. And he's learned from them.
Very well put. Not only that, but with vlogging, I feel like Asshat had a significant part in that happening, to tell Isaiah that this is how he can make money and be "successful".
You're right. A&P have done nothing to teach the value of hard work, putting in the work required, and (to use one of Asshat's favorite words) the "stick-to-it-'veness" to get good results.
I agree with everything you've said. It's spot on.

I also think that A&P forcing Isaiah to be the third caregiver, the parentification, really screwed up so much for Isaiah. He was made to worry about and prioritize things he shouldn't have had to. I think it's left him emotionally and intellectually stunted in a lot of ways. Including what you described. Put that all together and we're seeing the (lack of) results.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

Correction. Lurch definitely isn't the celebrity lesbian in this pic. :)
Woooooweeeee! I wonder if Angry Elf is the jealous type? 🤠 I kind of hope so. 😹

• Haha
Reactions: 14
You are completely correct. A&P do NOT do the work required. They always rely on Abbie's teachers and therapists to do everything and then reap the benefit of the work that others have done. A&P don't seem to understand that it is SO important for them to really and truly carry on the work at home. Asshat talks a lot, including in the example you gave, but all that talking is just noise and is rarely if ever put into practice. I think A&P don't do the work because they are extremely lazy, they view it as too bothersome or inconvenient - it interrupts and takes away from what THEY want to be doing, and on some level, they simply don't CARE to do anything but the bare minimum.
In addition to the laziness and the.... I guess you could say "can't be bothered-ness," I think another major factor with the issue of them doing the bare minimum is them not actually taking advice from those with specialized knowledge on the topic seriously.

And this is almost entirely an Asa problem. How many times have we seen & commented about his inability to follow directions from doctors, therapists, educators, etc? How often have we seen him just blatantly talk right over Brandi as she's trying to yet again explain some sort of structure for Abbie? I mean, tit, remember at the beginning of the pandemic when JSA closed & the school provided structured curriculum tailored to her learning needs? That lasted, what, two days before he decided he knew better than the "best school for autism in the state" and tossed it all aside. Wasn't there something with the contractors doing the kitchen renovation too?

To him, and to people like him, he knows better than every expert out there. There's no collaboration, there's no middle ground. It's his way or no way.
We've all met someone like him, haven't we?
Remember way back in the old house, they laughed and joked about Asa not being able to "work for someone else" so he needs to be his own boss? People like that aren't funny or quirky. They're insufferable, miserable pricks. They're people who refuse to take direction, who refuse to follow procedure. No one can tell them what to do!! In fact, if someone tells them what to do, they'll do the exact opposite just for spite. It's honestly like Oppositional Defiant Disorder in an adult. He doesn't listen to bosses, he doesn't listen to therapists, he doesn't listen to the court telling him to pay child support, he doesn't listen to the law about not driving on a suspended license, he only listens to people who tell him what he wants to hear for his own gratification.

And Priscilla.
She's got so much wrong with her as it is, but with Priscilla I think it just comes down to Abbie being "Asa's kid." Beyond her natural state of sloth, beyond her lack of intelligence and lack of intellectual curiosity, she's angry and bitter and resentful about not having The Perfect Princess Daughter™ in the wake of Asa dicking down some other woman while she was alone and fat with a young child and no future. She thought she landed a dashing military man but he (left?) the Coast Guard and couldn't hold down a job and they were broke and she had no education and no money and she knew there was no way she'd find a rich man willing to take care of a fat single mother with no skills and no class. So when Asa came back, when she talked him into coming back, and she got him really locked in with another pregnancy, with the baby that would solve all their problems, with the little princess who she could dress like a doll and parade around and buy makeup and prom dresses and and and....
But no. She didn't get that. She got a child she's ashamed of, and while Asa's stuck with her now it's not for the reasons she'd hoped. So that's "Asa's kid." She sees no reason to expend any effort, even the most basic effort ("I called the school and told them we're comin' in hot!!") because she just doesn't care.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
they simply don't CARE to do anything but the bare minimum.
Im surprised A&P never learned sign language. You’d think they would have at least tried. notwithstanding her ID, wouldn’t it be similar to a typical child learning a second language at an early age. How good it would have been for her brain development. To use both her device and sign?

Is it me, or is Cillabeast getting dumber and dumber with each vlog?

Also I know this sounds horrible, but I have always thought Pigcilla has some kind of learning difficulty, and is not very intelligent. I could be wrong though. And sorry if that was insulting to anyone.
I think she plays dumb. She thinks it’s cute to adopt act in a vapid & coquettish manner.

I also think they do all Busy Work, first at their mechanic shop…Long hours…like he complains now, so busy so late at night… why would P have to be there all the time with the kids? He said he had staff. i think they are always ”busy” onto the next big thing, because if they stopped living their lives in the virtual echo chamber vortex, they would stop and look at each other and go wtf. They are both addicted to social media now as well. Everything they do is a post opportunity.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
I think she plays dumb. She thinks it’s cute to adopt act in a vapid & coquettish manner.
The jury's still out if that's a coping mechanism for her actual lack of intellect, or if she figured acting dumb was easy and cute and, therefore, completely missed the boat on learning how to learn.
Cuz that witch dumb.

Oh this looks like a shitshow.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
The jury's still out if that's a coping mechanism for her actual lack of intellect, or if she figured acting dumb was easy and cute and, therefore, completely missed the boat on learning how to learn.
Cuz that witch dumb.
AMEN! Dumb as a box of rocks.
I would also venture to say that this “Your Girl” “That Girl” persona she tries to imitate is something she has always wanted and has never achieved. She has always been that slightly larger (when younger) , awkward, lispy, intellectually and personality stunted girl that just never fit in. Instead of embracing that as she has aged, she has become annoying and almost obsessive with her need to be seen and heard. Moobie too, but she takes the cake. Pun intended.
When the “haters” aka truth slayers start getting to her she digs her heels in and doubles down. Both are extremely narcissistic. Their need to be right… especially when responding to comments proves that. And the deflection!!!! I bet Moobie Dick has a file specifically for Narcissism Memes, and Pig a file of passive aggressive ones. 😹😹 The ones that yell the loudest, don’t ya know.
The podcast, The TravelAss vlogs… all an attempt to make it about them. The one thing they have always wanted, and they will never get. 😹 It ain’t bout you Boo Boo. Too bad. 😹

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I found these guys a while back on TikTok, it’s amazing how much Bunny has learnt to understand and use! Makes you realise and appreciate how much animals can understand and communicate on a human level! I love animals 🥰 they are cleverer than we ever give them credit for. I’m trying to teach my hamster to recognise his name, I have taught him to stand in a particular place for a treat. When he knows I’m about, he stands there and stares at me sitting on the sofa until I give him something tasty! 😂

I must say, I am enjoying all this discussion about what Abbie can understand, communication, executive dysfunction and whatnot. I love taking the piss out of the maassholes but I also love that we have lots of people here who have a whole range of professional and parental experience to have these sort of discussions with!
@lizzielou I found it eye opening when they started Bunny on talking about "night talk" to try to discern what dogs dream about.
I, too, enjoy the discussions here and like that everyone has differing opinions and how that's okay. 👍

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Wow, she can't even pour juice anymore. The spices went everywhere but on the shrimp. They need to stop this BS. Abbie couldn't even hold a skewer. Asa, Abbie isn't going to do tit. I really can't understand if they're lying to themselves, or this is all for the narrative. I lean towards they know damn well Abbie can't do tit, but Asa's channel has gone down so he has had to come up with something to keep baiting the people. Asa, ABbie didn't help with tit so stop lying.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Cuz that witch dumb.
Yeah, most definitely. Poorly educated with an added dose of extreme superficiality..

Big P didn’t hit Number 1 in sales for Jan. some woman named Jewel Maben. She said she got a 5k bonus. So Big P has been making that bonus…

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Cuz that witch dumb.

Oh this looks like a shitshow.
There is something about the kitchen ceiling that bothers Abbie, because she keeps looking up and seems very distressed or distracted by it.

Also their training will be so much fun, wow Pigs face when she was helping Abbie do the orange juice lid. Also Asshat with his big ideas and he knows best. Let her have some sensory toys, and some time to decompress. Fat POS's

• Heart
Reactions: 15
There is something about the kitchen ceiling that bothers Abbie, because she keeps looking up and seems very distressed or distracted by it.

Also their training will be so much fun, wow Pigs face when she was helping Abbie do the orange juice lid. Also Asshat with his big ideas and he knows best. Let her have some sensory toys, and some time to decompress. Fat POS's
I think she is looking at the vent hood and thinking WTF is that there if it isn't operational.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I know our therapists always encouraged us to get our son involved in preparing meals. It can be a whole sensory experience and you can incorporate math (like basic counting), science, fine and gross motor skills all in one "lesson". I see they are also using descriptive words like "slimy" which is good. On her AAC ap there is a whole section on food attributes that they can incorporate into the lesson so that she can learn that aspect of her AAC and learn more words to communicate. They are off to a good start. The problem though will be to keep this momentum going ALL YEAR LONG. I know we always started out strong and had this whole wonderful educational program planned out in my head for my boy. He was getting an hour of tutoring from a teacher, going out in the community with an aide 4 hours per week, and having 3 hours of therapy per week. I thought I could surely do all the rest, and while I did do A LOT, all those grand plans I had in my mind never truly came to fruition. Simply because *ahem* REAL LIFE happens, real BURNOUT happens, and real mental EXHAUSTION happens. I never had time for myself. I never had a decent block of time to recharge, and after a while, none of us were thriving with this set up. I wish them luck, but this is going to be hard and I'm here for every minute of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Three things about the cooking video.

1) Sorry if this has been mentioned before. It just dawned on me. Piggy wears the goggles because she CAN NOT keep her fat claws off her face. I'd sign up to patreon to see her stick her spice/onion/pepper covered fingers in her eye.

2) Abbie's lightning fast food grab out of the bowl never gets old. Hysterical.

3) Sorry Asshole, but the only meal Abbie is ever making is Heinz Lunchables

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Wow, she can't even pour juice anymore. The spices went everywhere but on the shrimp. They need to stop this BS. Abbie couldn't even hold a skewer. Asa, Abbie isn't going to do tit. I really can't understand if they're lying to themselves, or this is all for the narrative. I lean towards they know damn well Abbie can't do tit, but Asa's channel has gone down so he has had to come up with something to keep baiting the people. Asa, ABbie didn't help with tit so stop lying.
I'm leaning towards it all being to save the channel. This is a huge undertaking. Quite the turn around from her "wonderful" IEP meeting at the start of the year where they were so excited about what progress she would make this year. Now, suddenly all the talk of homeschooling. Are they leaning towards being full time RV'ers??

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.