Fathering Autism #116 Trying homeschooling? Who are they fooling?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ask me to define AWKWARD, and I will direct you to that family birthday dinner. Assa and Pig make things uncomfortable for the others. Based solely on her facial expressions and body language, Pig hates these gatherings when it is not at Moldy Manor. She has no self control when it comes to food. She sat there nervously tearing that tortilla into little pieces waiting for Moobie to cut the camera off before diving back in. My favorite part of the vlog was when she went straight from her hillbilly squeal of Woooooheeeewwww…directly into a snout squeeze!😂😂 witch cannot help herself. 🐷
Were you born in a barn Cillerpotamus? Well, now that you ask…….😹
View attachment 1077943
View attachment 1077944
I would like to think she doesn’t like being in other homes because she is afraid of her daughter’s possible bad behavior, but they take her everywhere else, not really caring if she has an outburst, tantrum, potty accident so I think she just thinks that her house is far superior to anyone else’s…it’s so obvious that she looks down on people, even her own family.

I randomly have couch cushions all over the floor.. why? One of my dogs is an entitled asshole that prefers the couch to be how he wants it to be. I’ll pick them up whenever they are on the floor though. It’s not to often though. My other dog will move the pillows to how he wants them, and sometimes puts them on the floor to lay on, even though we have two big dog beds right there! I couldn’t handle the noise more than anything else in that house. I’m pretty sensitive to sound
I randomly have couch cushions all over the floor.. why? One of my dogs is an entitled asshole that prefers the couch to be how he wants it to be. I’ll pick them up whenever they are on the floor though. It’s not to often though. My other dog will move the pillows to how he wants them, and sometimes puts them on the floor to lay on, even though we have two big dog beds right there! I couldn’t handle the noise more than anything else in that house. I’m pretty sensitive to sound
Haha…entitled asshole! Made my morning!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Salut Tattlers.❤
Is Moobie trying to get us Tattlers to subscribe to TravelAss? It is looking slightly tempting. 😂 Keep up the good work Dicky Doo. Meow Likey!😻😂😻
9F2CA61D-B7FD-40A8-BB56-A91A8539BF8A.jpeg

OH! This is going to be shitloads of fun to watch. 🐷🐷 Heeeeaaave Ho…get that redwood up there guuuurl. Heeeeave Ho. Whew!
9E1A92D6-E720-4F6F-8254-65F026FEAF85.jpeg

I know thats right, Pig. Nom Nom Nom! Screw it! I am all for it. Who gives a tit how much she lost! That ship has sailed….far far away. I am on the lets see how big she can get train. CHOOOOOOOOOO CHOOOOOOO! 🐷🚞🐷
BD251C58-3700-44C1-83AA-BE29D8C332B8.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
I give it a few years before they buy the rv that you drive, not tow. Once Abby is in a group home they will get be able to one because Abby won’t be there

• Sad
YouTube can actually be a pretty good resource for this...there are people who post ADHD and autism "life hack" content and show how they've set up their homes and routines to help them function better. I am not the best at EF either, although I don't think I would meet the standards for a clinical diagnosis of ADHD or autism or anything...and a lot of the tips I've seen on those channels are things that work for me also. There are basic tips like making to-do lists and schedules, setting alarm reminders, etc. but many of them also mention things that took me years to catch on to on my own (such as storing important items in places where they are visible).
How to ADHD is a great channel with loads of information and tips. I’ve also learnt a lot from Struggle Care, she’s a bit more broad and talks about lots of reasons for executive dysfunction not just ADHD, such as depression, though I think she has ADHD. I’ve definitely learnt from both of them about object permanence, if I can’t see it, it doesn’t exist! I’ve rearranged my whole fridge since learning that! I’ve saved many a rotting vegetable since as I now keep them on the shelf at eye level and not in the drawers at the bottom.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I give it a few years before they buy the rv that you drive, not tow. Once Abby is in a group home they will get be able to one because Abby won’t be there
Everyone would be better of with the kind they could drive. That way the dogs and Abbie wouldn't be crammed in the back seat together. Ridiculous.

Reactions: 16
Oh, that's pretty easy.

It's a matter of executive function for the most part.

My younger child has "level 3" autism - that's the medical term for "severe" autism, or "high support needs" autism.
Thus far, they don't have an intellectual disability diagnosis. Their approximate IQ is on the low side of normal & they can complete modified schoolwork at or near grade level - though this may change as they get older & intellectual demands increase.
And I explain this because, in terms of IQ and "intelligence," my child is more advanced than Abbie in many areas in life.

They still need tasks broken down into smaller steps with clear instructions and reminders. A task with several/many steps, or one with many possible ways to tackle it, is nearly impossible to complete without guidance.
My child, and many autistic people, have serious issues with executive function. If you were faced with cleaning a messy room, you'd pick up items from the floor, put them where they belong, wipe up that spill you noticed while tidying, vacuum the rug once it's cleared, run a duster over the surfaces, straighten the crooked picture on the wall, etc.
A person with executive function problems will literally struggle to know where to begin. Once they do begin, they may not be able to do things in the "logical" order (i.e. pick up toys from the rug before vacuuming), they may be distracted by other things that come up (i.e. you've picked up half the toys when you notice the spill, so you go get a towel to wipe up the spill but on the way you see a boot left in the middle of the hallway so you pick that up to put it away but then there's a knock on the door so you answer it, still holding the boot, sign for the package, go put the package on the kitchen counter, realize you're thirsty so you grab a quick drink of water, and then you're standing there with a boot in your hand and the original messy room a distant memory), or they may just get overwhelmed by the task and shut down.

If a person is already dysregulated in terms of sensory needs, executive functioning is impossible. It's like trying to do trigonometry with someone screaming in your ear.

So, instead of telling my child - either of them, really - "clean your room!" I give them a starting point and a defined task to complete.
"First pick up all your toys and put them in the bin."
"Now pick up the dirty clothes and put them in the hamper."
"Now throw the paper scraps in the garbage can."

My older child has a diagnosis of "level 1" autism - high functioning, "aspie," etc.
They're also profoundly gifted. Estimated IQ is 140+, greater than 3 standard deviations above average. They are terrifyingly smart.
They also have the same issues with executive functioning, probably due to their apocalyptic levels of ADHD because their EF improves on medication. I have to do the same routine when it comes to cleaning their room, folding laundry, emptying the dishwasher, etc - though they're getting better as they get older!

Executive function & intelligence are completely separate. All kids need to be taught EF skills - it's just that NT kids tend to pick up on those skills earlier and much easier. It's a brain wiring thing with ND kids, especially in autism & ADHD.

Your last sentence is spot on. Abbie's parents have never, ever maintained the routine and consistency needed to give Abbie the skills that would help her be her best - in any area of function or learning. They've completely failed her. They don't have the knowledge - or the humility to listen to and follow the experts who do have the knowledge - to give her even a basic framework for what EF skills she's capable of. They don't have the patience to break down/chunk tasks for her when needed, and they certainly don't have the patience to continue with step by step requests every single day, consistently, for however long it takes.

And, hey. Abbie also knows damn well if she throws a tantrum or refuses to "be compliant" with a request that they'll give in. That's on her parents' utter lack of consistency. They only thing they're consistent with is doing the wrong thing at every possible turn.

Well said!

OMG. A video popped up in my FB feed of an asshole neighbor complaining to the police about an autistic child living next door. I started reading the comments and there are idiots recommending the parents contact FA becaus “they’re so knowledgeable” and they could help this family. Are you freaking kidding me??!! It was on a page called ‘Oh Clips’.
Omg, I saw that too and was going to mention it on here but I forgot where I saw it…haha! What a joke, right?comments like… they are awesome, I’ve learned so much, get in touch with them…oh, ok, like they are going to respond or answer any questions someone might have on autism, even though, they are autism experts, or think they are.

• Haha
How to ADHD is a great channel with loads of information and tips. I’ve also learnt a lot from Struggle Care, she’s a bit more broad and talks about lots of reasons for executive dysfunction not just ADHD, such as depression, though I think she has ADHD. I’ve definitely learnt from both of them about object permanence, if I can’t see it, it doesn’t exist! I’ve rearranged my whole fridge since learning that! I’ve saved many a rotting vegetable since as I now keep them on the shelf at eye level and not in the drawers at the bottom.
I am sure Asshole will read this and fly right over to How to ADHC blog for more info for his upcoming movie, lol. He has learned alot from us.

• Haha
Everyone would be better of with the kind they could drive. That way the dogs and Abbie wouldn't be crammed in the back seat together. Ridiculous.
So, they are telling us that they have their daughter’s wants, needs, and priorities in check and that’s why they didnt buy a driver camper? Not sure what they are called, but they said they wanted her to know the difference between driving and camping and she didn’t understand that two years ago when they went on their first camper tour. Not buying that!

Reactions: 15
Testing to see if this works. If, it does then enjoy if it doesn't I'm back at the drawing board.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Pig literally waddles nowadays as those legs are so fat. I bet she sat in a heap in her drinking chair exhausted after all that waddling round the RV Show. She can barely fit through the doors of most of the caravans. The Honking Tour Mark 2 is going to be even duller than the first as they are getting too fat to do anything bar sitting, eating and drinking. Thinking about it, that's all they did last year.
I imagine the RV had so much damage last year because of her excessive weight (which is even more this year)..and the violent rocking..and Abbie and Asshat will also weigh more this year. Seems like they also broke this steps as well.

Wonder if they will have Dummer travel with them for 24/7 respite? If I was Isaiah I would be looking for a job and staying put! That last trip had to be miserable... are they really planning on$$$$$$ buying a new RV? P's dream RV... I thought she hated it?

• Haha
Reactions: 20
1645549922424.png

1645550041701.png

Will the real Cillapotamus please stand up! A highly filtered, over exposed you is NOT your "glow up" madame.

In real life, you look like tit.

1645550319942.png

And you're getting as fat as you were before your surgery.

1645550456360.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
I would like to think she doesn’t like being in other homes because she is afraid of her daughter’s possible bad behavior, but they take her everywhere else, not really caring if she has an outburst, tantrum, potty accident so I think she just thinks that her house is far superior to anyone else’s…it’s so obvious that she looks down on people, even her own family.

Haha…entitled asshole! Made my morning!
I know for us we are nervous about being in other homes for the simple fact that our home is basically autism proof. We can lock him out of the kitchen and out of the bathrooms. He has flooded our kitchen and bathroom before by sneaking in there, plugging up the drain, and turning the faucets on. We also have no ceiling fans. He is obsessed with them and is tall enough now to reach the blades and pull them down. Yes, he has done this at a dear friends house, at Lowe's, and elsewhere. You can't take your eyes off him for one second. You can't really have a conversation with family or anyone if you have to constantly watch someone. Houses with all kinds of breakables and walls filled with pictures are a nightmare for us. He's obsessed with picture frames and has knocked off and shattered a few. You have to be ever vigilant whereas in our house, we have nothing on the walls, no valuables within reach, our windows were made shatterproof, no ceiling fans, and locks everywhere. We can actually sit and have a conversation and let him be "free".

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
I imagine the RV had so much damage last year because of her excessive weight (which is even more this year)..and the violent rocking..and Abbie and Asshat will also weigh more this year. Seems like they also broke this steps as well.

Wonder if they will have Dummer travel with them for 24/7 respite? If I was Isaiah I would be looking for a job and staying put! That last trip had to be miserable... are they really planning on$$$$$$ buying a new RV? P's dream RV... I thought she hated it?
Summer's got a job - she'd better not let them talk her into it. I kind of thought she would go with them last year. Hopefully she's really breaking free.

• Heart

I really hope Isiah doesn’t tag along this time. It must have been horrible for him squashed in the truck with fat and fatter, 2 dogs and Abbie. Then having to share a room with her too! If he does do a trip I hope that he does one of his own again. He looked like he had a great time walking all over the place, seeing things, fending for himself etc. His trip was 1000 times better than the travelling fatty show. He should stay in Boone, build up some local business with his photography- he mentioned doing family shoots again on his vlog yesterday. I’m sure there would also be a spot of part time work too, get to know some people, get out and about, develop some work skills. It would be so good for him

• Heart
I know for us we are nervous about being in other homes for the simple fact that our home is basically autism proof. We can lock him out of the kitchen and out of the bathrooms. He has flooded our kitchen and bathroom before by sneaking in there, plugging up the drain, and turning the faucets on. We also have no ceiling fans. He is obsessed with them and is tall enough now to reach the blades and pull them down. Yes, he has done this at a dear friends house, at Lowe's, and elsewhere. You can't take your eyes off him for one second. You can't really have a conversation with family or anyone if you have to constantly watch someone. Houses with all kinds of breakables and walls filled with pictures are a nightmare for us. He's obsessed with picture frames and has knocked off and shattered a few. You have to be ever vigilant whereas in our house, we have nothing on the walls, no valuables within reach, our windows were made shatterproof, no ceiling fans, and locks everywhere. We can actually sit and have a conversation and let him be "free".
Sadly Abbie doesnt have the intelligence to take things apart or work out how to operate things. If she did she would have got the fridge open, her bedroom gate open and the back door and pantry open. She cant use objects as tools which, to me, demonstrates her low IQ. Also, as I've said before, Abbie is inherently lazy which the Pigs do nothing about.

• Heart
Testing to see if this works. If, it does then enjoy if it doesn't I'm back at the drawing board.
That is adorable!

Summer's got a job - she'd better not let them talk her into it. I kind of thought she would go with them last year. Hopefully she's really breaking free.
I can't see her breaking free. She is included at all of Cilldebeast Bucket's candle lightlight suppers as well as parties at Lurch and the Angry Elf's home. What young woman wants to spend so much time with that band of misfits? I can see her going on at least one leg of the trip.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Oh I completely agree! But Abby apparently “can’t handle it because of the steering wheel” she always wants to go… and that bullshit.

• Haha
Sounds like a miserable way to live. I'm sorry.

• Heart
  • Angry
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.