Fathering Autism #116 Trying homeschooling? Who are they fooling?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she is looking at the vent hood and thinking WTF is that there if it isn't operational.
She looks up twice as much when they are trying to get her to do something she doesn't want to do because she is so lazy. She does not look up hardly at all when she is eating her cereal or sugar loaded hourly snacks.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
He can't keep up in college, it doesn't look like he knows how to make or keep friendships, he's not involved in anything remotely charitable. And he's learned from them.
This is the month that most college kids are making arrangements, signing leases for next year’s housing. Wonder if his current roommates are reupping? Are they assuming he will make it? Or are they going to try to rent the whole house to other tenants?

• Heart
Reactions: 16
It took Abby five minutes not to pour her own glass of orange juice and screw the top on. Even with help. But it’s because there was so much excitement going on there in the kitchen… With no one else there… And zero excitement. This log was nothing but bullshit. I take that back, it was an excellent example of how far she has regressed. She could pour her own drink, cereal, etc. Now she cannot. And it’s not because of the excitement in the kitchen. So sad, all snarking aside. Abby is where she is now because of her parents. They have perpetuated this regression, and it is very very sad

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Each time I think that they can't throw out any new BS then they do. Assa sounding so excited about Abbie going grocery shopping, prepping food, cooking food, and cleaning up. Yeah right, but Abbie couldn't even sprinkle spices onto the food. Eventually Assa said that Abbie would probably make cold lunches twice a week with the help of her teacher. OMG, they are bat tit crazy.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
When he said "our friend" when looking at the tiny camper, Pig said "Kaitlyn" right away. Notice she didn't dare get into that little thing, lol.
And he didn't film her walking through the doorway in the posh RV she's was drooling over. I noticed he filmed himself going through it but did a jumpcut right before she approached the door.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
DELUSIONAL!!!! Abbie is going to cook??? The thumbnail.... can you say E Coli???? Wow..how many dumb HUMPERS are there who go along with this?

• Haha
  • Sick
You are completely correct. A&P do NOT do the work required. They always rely on Abbie's teachers and therapists to do everything and then reap the benefit of the work that others have done. A&P don't seem to understand that it is SO important for them to really and truly carry on the work at home. Asshat talks a lot, including in the example you gave, but all that talking is just noise and is rarely if ever put into practice. I think A&P don't do the work because they are extremely lazy, they view it as too bothersome or inconvenient - it interrupts and takes away from what THEY want to be doing, and on some level, they simply don't CARE to do anything but the bare minimum.

Your wallpaper example is on point. If the communication is poor, so will the results be. I said it in a previous post that I think Abbie tearing the wallpaper was a sensory seeking thing. That coupled with what you've said demonstrates that despite Asshat knowing the right things to say when talking to the vlog, there is so much Asshat is clueless about and doesn't put into practice.
The regression was extremely noticeable during the quarantine time where they were responsible for Abbies education at home. He lasted a week…and not even a full week before he gave up.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Each time I think that they can't throw out any new BS then they do. Assa sounding so excited about Abbie going grocery shopping, prepping food, cooking food, and cleaning up. Yeah right, but Abbie couldn't even sprinkle spices onto the food. Eventually Assa said that Abbie would probably make cold lunches twice a week with the help of her teacher. OMG, they are bat tit crazy.
He also thinks she isn’t ready for the bbq YET but later down the road lol. I would really like to understand what makes them think she will ever be capable of cooking a meal, using sharp knives and hot stoves/ovens and bbq’s. I have to believe at some point some professional along the way informed them of Abbie’s extreme IDD and severe autism and the extent of her capabilities. I am not saying that others with autism can not be taught but she has to be at the worst of the spectrum. Lauren Brazee’s daughter is a good example. She is capable of learning and retaining and obviously runs circles around Abbie. I get continuing working with her because she is progressing. No fault of Abbie’s, but at 16 yo I think she has given all she can and this is just where she is at. I am wondering if this is why ABA therapy is controversial. They keep pushing things on a child who will never get it instead of just embracing who she is.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I wonder how much of the stuffing the ingredients in her mouth was cut out of tonight's vlog?

Does anyone have an educated or semi educated guess on what Abbie's IQ most likely is?

Reactions: 16
There is something about the kitchen ceiling that bothers Abbie, because she keeps looking up and seems very distressed or distracted by it.

Also their training will be so much fun, wow Pigs face when she was helping Abbie do the orange juice lid. Also Asshat with his big ideas and he knows best. Let her have some sensory toys, and some time to decompress. Fat POS's
She is secretly praying that that fake vent fan will fall on one of the doofuses heads so she can escape back to stripping the wallpaper off of HER house. Not sure why they would be upset about Abbie pitching in with wallpaper removal since they have said they bought the house for Abbie😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I wonder how much of the stuffing the ingredients in her mouth was cut out of tonight's vlog?

Does anyone have an educated or semi educated guess on what Abbie's IQ most likely is?
Today it would have been raw meat and shrimp....ugh. I'm sure she tried.

Why can't they just admit where Abbie is and go from there? What is with all this delusion? I wonder what the people around them think?

• Heart
I know our therapists always encouraged us to get our son involved in preparing meals. It can be a whole sensory experience and you can incorporate math (like basic counting), science, fine and gross motor skills all in one "lesson". I see they are also using descriptive words like "slimy" which is good. On her AAC ap there is a whole section on food attributes that they can incorporate into the lesson so that she can learn that aspect of her AAC and learn more words to communicate. They are off to a good start. The problem though will be to keep this momentum going ALL YEAR LONG. I know we always started out strong and had this whole wonderful educational program planned out in my head for my boy. He was getting an hour of tutoring from a teacher, going out in the community with an aide 4 hours per week, and having 3 hours of therapy per week. I thought I could surely do all the rest, and while I did do A LOT, all those grand plans I had in my mind never truly came to fruition. Simply because *ahem* REAL LIFE happens, real BURNOUT happens, and real mental EXHAUSTION happens. I never had time for myself. I never had a decent block of time to recharge, and after a while, none of us were thriving with this set up. I wish them luck, but this is going to be hard and I'm here for every minute of it.
Remember when they had Abbie make brownies at 10at night and P was pissed…she had to wrangle Abbie from splattering it every where,sticking her hands in the bowl and eating it. The seething looks she gave A was hilarious!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I don't believe that its even possible to do an IQ test on Abbie. If they did and it was successful my guess is 20-25.
70 and below is the ID category. 70 and below keeps one safe from the death penalty in some states. Just a factoid for ya.
EDIT to say... I'm only semi-educated most days. 😉 😜

• Heart
  • Haha
We are tho exthited to have an actual reason to drink like blow fish for a change. Chug a lug. Watch the comment sections guyth. Moobs is an angry drunk. 👀
I would say alcohol and food is their coping skills in dealing with Abbie and each other. They get very happy at the thought of eating and/or drinking.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
So Abbie skewed a chunk of beef and violently shook some sort of spice in the air. That was today's cooking class. THE END

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.