Fathering Autism #116 Trying homeschooling? Who are they fooling?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if there is something pushing on Abbies brain, I watched a documentary about this disease where the brain starts to decay and it makes the people go backwards. Don't get me wrong, P and A are not helping by not doing the ABA or the disciplining her. But I wonder if there is more neurological problem?

I am sorry for sounding horrible, or trying to diagnose, it's just there is a lot of stuff that doesn't make sense.
Are you talking about a chiari malformation? We had our son checked for this fairly early on as he was developing normally like his twin sister.

Reactions: 6
For Priscilla claiming to be some cute southern bell, why are her teeth so jacked up? Did her parents not get her braces? DId her [parents not teach her that you go to the dentist and take care of her hygiene? I'm curious as how Priscilla was brought up. From the things Priscilla geta excited about, and acts like it's some new middle class trend, I get the feeling they were white trash wanting despretly to be southern bells.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
So Abbie skewed a chunk of beef and violently shook some sort of spice in the air. That was today's cooking class. THE END
And in the beginning of the vlog, she picked her nose snd wiped it on the table. The table they then made thee food on.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
And in the beginning of the vlog, she picked her nose snd wiped it on the table. The table they then made thee food on.
Added flavor. She sees her mom going at her nose when she cooks so she is just following her lead.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
In addition to the laziness and the.... I guess you could say "can't be bothered-ness," I think another major factor with the issue of them doing the bare minimum is them not actually taking advice from those with specialized knowledge on the topic seriously.

And this is almost entirely an Asa problem. How many times have we seen & commented about his inability to follow directions from doctors, therapists, educators, etc? How often have we seen him just blatantly talk right over Brandi as she's trying to yet again explain some sort of structure for Abbie? I mean, tit, remember at the beginning of the pandemic when JSA closed & the school provided structured curriculum tailored to her learning needs? That lasted, what, two days before he decided he knew better than the "best school for autism in the state" and tossed it all aside. Wasn't there something with the contractors doing the kitchen renovation too?

To him, and to people like him, he knows better than every expert out there. There's no collaboration, there's no middle ground. It's his way or no way.
We've all met someone like him, haven't we?
Remember way back in the old house, they laughed and joked about Asa not being able to "work for someone else" so he needs to be his own boss? People like that aren't funny or quirky. They're insufferable, miserable pricks. They're people who refuse to take direction, who refuse to follow procedure. No one can tell them what to do!! In fact, if someone tells them what to do, they'll do the exact opposite just for spite. It's honestly like Oppositional Defiant Disorder in an adult. He doesn't listen to bosses, he doesn't listen to therapists, he doesn't listen to the court telling him to pay child support, he doesn't listen to the law about not driving on a suspended license, he only listens to people who tell him what he wants to hear for his own gratification.

And Priscilla.
She's got so much wrong with her as it is, but with Priscilla I think it just comes down to Abbie being "Asa's kid." Beyond her natural state of sloth, beyond her lack of intelligence and lack of intellectual curiosity, she's angry and bitter and resentful about not having The Perfect Princess Daughter™ in the wake of Asa dicking down some other woman while she was alone and fat with a young child and no future. She thought she landed a dashing military man but he (left?) the Coast Guard and couldn't hold down a job and they were broke and she had no education and no money and she knew there was no way she'd find a rich man willing to take care of a fat single mother with no skills and no class. So when Asa came back, when she talked him into coming back, and she got him really locked in with another pregnancy, with the baby that would solve all their problems, with the little princess who she could dress like a doll and parade around and buy makeup and prom dresses and and and....
But no. She didn't get that. She got a child she's ashamed of, and while Asa's stuck with her now it's not for the reasons she'd hoped. So that's "Asa's kid." She sees no reason to expend any effort, even the most basic effort ("I called the school and told them we're comin' in hot!!") because she just doesn't care.
Wish there was a love button because I love everything you said! You hit the nail on the head! I couldn’t have said it any better. I’m so glad we have such intelligent tattlers here and so many who have such great experiences to share. I would believe the honest accounts that you all provide over anything Assface or Pigzilla have to say. Abbie is lazy and has regressed because of her lazy, narcissistic father. I don’t give her mother credit for anything because her mother is too self-centered to care about anyone else. Her adoration of Isaiah is only because he is NT and his accomplishments in high school made her look good.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Just wanted to tell you, all my Tattle friends, how much I appreciate reading your thoughts every day. This year, so far, has been rough. From my mom passing away in mid January, from having a hell of a time traveling for her funeral (cancelled flights, stuck in Detroit, huge winter storm, etc.), and a planned trip to California two weeks later, it has been a doozy.

I inherited my folk’s condo and it’s been a lot of work almost every day (with my dear husband’s help), going through mountains of items spanning 40 years, clothes, dishes, you name it. I now am almost through with the going through part, and now I have to find an organization to take most of the furniture - while following the condo’s rules. I plan to list the condo in mid-March (or sooner). Reading your funny and insightful comments after my workdays has been such a release. Thank you all!

• Heart
Reactions: 33
In addition to the laziness and the.... I guess you could say "can't be bothered-ness," I think another major factor with the issue of them doing the bare minimum is them not actually taking advice from those with specialized knowledge on the topic seriously.

And this is almost entirely an Asa problem. How many times have we seen & commented about his inability to follow directions from doctors, therapists, educators, etc? How often have we seen him just blatantly talk right over Brandi as she's trying to yet again explain some sort of structure for Abbie? I mean, tit, remember at the beginning of the pandemic when JSA closed & the school provided structured curriculum tailored to her learning needs? That lasted, what, two days before he decided he knew better than the "best school for autism in the state" and tossed it all aside. Wasn't there something with the contractors doing the kitchen renovation too?
Oh that is definitely a major issue. I remember clearly, after reading and telling the vlog about the schedule from JSA, listing off some of the things on it, he immediately said "Yeah, we won't be doing that."
Asshat believes that he knows best in just about all things. But especially when it comes to Abbie.

To him, and to people like him, he knows better than every expert out there. There's no collaboration, there's no middle ground. It's his way or no way.
We've all met someone like him, haven't we?
Remember way back in the old house, they laughed and joked about Asa not being able to "work for someone else" so he needs to be his own boss? People like that aren't funny or quirky. They're insufferable, miserable pricks. They're people who refuse to take direction, who refuse to follow procedure. No one can tell them what to do!! In fact, if someone tells them what to do, they'll do the exact opposite just for spite. It's honestly like Oppositional Defiant Disorder in an adult. He doesn't listen to bosses, he doesn't listen to therapists, he doesn't listen to the court telling him to pay child support, he doesn't listen to the law about not driving on a suspended license, he only listens to people who tell him what he wants to hear for his own gratification.
I agree. It is most definitely not funny or quirky that Asshat could never last more than 90 days (and I think it was usually much less than that) at any job where he was not the one calling the shots and had to do what someone else said. Insufferable miserable prick indeed! Asshat is all-knowing, it's everyone else who is the idiot. It couldn't possibly be him, ever! He always has a few facial expressions whenever Brandy is over, when he isn't talking over her, he either looks smug, disgusted, or impatient. That and sometimes it's as if he feels threatened by Brandy, that she may actually know what she's talking about and know better than he does.

And Priscilla.
She's got so much wrong with her as it is, but with Priscilla I think it just comes down to Abbie being "Asa's kid." Beyond her natural state of sloth, beyond her lack of intelligence and lack of intellectual curiosity, she's angry and bitter and resentful about not having The Perfect Princess Daughter™ in the wake of Asa dicking down some other woman while she was alone and fat with a young child and no future. She thought she landed a dashing military man but he (left?) the Coast Guard and couldn't hold down a job and they were broke and she had no education and no money and she knew there was no way she'd find a rich man willing to take care of a fat single mother with no skills and no class. So when Asa came back, when she talked him into coming back, and she got him really locked in with another pregnancy, with the baby that would solve all their problems, with the little princess who she could dress like a doll and parade around and buy makeup and prom dresses and and and....
But no. She didn't get that. She got a child she's ashamed of, and while Asa's stuck with her now it's not for the reasons she'd hoped. So that's "Asa's kid." She sees no reason to expend any effort, even the most basic effort ("I called the school and told them we're comin' in hot!!") because she just doesn't care.
I think you're spot on with Princess P. She is always quick to say that Abbie is HIS child and that Isaiah is hers. Abbie, for all the reasons you mentioned... just HAS to be Asshat's kid. Isaiah is hers because in her mind, he's the one who turned out "right". He was the one who she was able to forge a connection and bond with. It's been mentioned on here before that P has an unhealthy attachment to Isaiah in a few ways and I'd say that's right.
P's resentment and bitterness towards Abbie is just so apparent all the time. It happens in just about every vlog, you'll catch moments of P looking at Abbie with a disgusted/annoyed facial expression. She treats Abbie like someone else's kid that she's forced to look after.
It really does speak to P's desperation that she fought this much to keep Asshat. No one in their right mind wants a partner or spouse like Asshat.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Abbie looked so white faced as she stuffed donuts in her mouth. That girl needs some healthy food and exercise, not more sugar and cart rides.

Abbie had no interest in cooking and after shaking seasoning all over the places, Ass then took it off her and did it himself. That’s really going to help her learn. I think Abbie understands more words and phrases than we often give her credit for, but I still see her as a toddler in a young lady’s body. She’s capable of doing certain chores but doesn’t necessarily understands why they have to be done and she’s also sussed that throwing a strop can often get her out of doing what she doesn’t want to do. It’s going to be fun watching them trying to teach her new skills. P looked pissed off already.

Ass eats salad now! Having seen some of the salads P makes, with fatty corpse, whole blocks of cheese and ranch dressing, that’s just more unhealthy crap to help towards his future heart attack. The guy currently has no neck and boobs.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
For Priscilla claiming to be some cute southern bell, why are her teeth so jacked up? Did her parents not get her braces? DId her [parents not teach her that you go to the dentist and take care of her hygiene? I'm curious as how Priscilla was brought up. From the things Priscilla geta excited about, and acts like it's some new middle class trend, I get the feeling they were white trash wanting despretly to be southern bells.
She was a sad, homely only child on Quantico. With only Candy as a role model.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Today it would have been raw meat and shrimp....ugh. I'm sure she tried.

Why can't they just admit where Abbie is and go from there? What is with all this delusion? I wonder what the people around them think?
They can't admit it because the humpers would stop watching but would they? Are they so rabid over Abbie do you think they would continue to watch the vlogs no matter what?

Remember when they had Abbie make brownies at 10at night and P was pissed…she had to wrangle Abbie from splattering it every where,sticking her hands in the bowl and eating it. The seething looks she gave A was hilarious!!
That was a damn good time. It was so freaking hilarious. 😎

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Im surprised A&P never learned sign language. You’d think they would have at least tried. notwithstanding her ID, wouldn’t it be similar to a typical child learning a second language at an early age. How good it would have been for her brain development. To use both her device and sign?
That's something that has always irked me. Not only the fact that they've taught her the very bare minimum signs, and modified signs at that,.. they don't use signing themselves when communicating. It's not like the ones she uses now are terribly complicated or difficult. There is no good reason why they can't be signing with her and back to her. As with many things, it would have been so beneficial to Abbie - and themselves, since they are more concerned with themselves than anyone else, if they had worked harder on the signing.

• Heart
Abbie looked so white faced as she stuffed donuts in her mouth. That girl needs some healthy food and exercise, not more sugar and cart rides.

Abbie had no interest in cooking and after shaking seasoning all over the places, Ass then took it off her and did it himself. That’s really going to help her learn. I think Abbie understands more words and phrases than we often give her credit for, but I still see her as a toddler in a young lady’s body. She’s capable of doing certain chores but doesn’t necessarily understands why they have to be done and she’s also sussed that throwing a strop can often get her out of doing what she doesn’t want to do. It’s going to be fun watching them trying to teach her new skills. P looked pissed off already.

Ass eats salad now! Having seen some of the salads P makes, with fatty corpse, whole blocks of cheese and ranch dressing, that’s just more unhealthy crap to help towards his future heart attack. The guy currently has no neck and boobs.
P did look very annoyed with Abbie trying to “perform” in the kitchen. I noticed she told A that the teacher can work with her too on the cooking. She is really going to dislike her being schooled at home. Can’t say I blame her, deep down inside P has to know this is all for nothing. They are really doing Abbie a disservice by believing she will progress with household chores or cooking. The whole velcro strip for breaks won’t last long.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
The jury's still out if that's a coping mechanism for her actual lack of intellect, or if she figured acting dumb was easy and cute and, therefore, completely missed the boat on learning how to learn.
Cuz that witch dumb.

Oh this looks like a shitshow.
If they know Abbie has problems using her hands and the lid would be difficult they could have put that juice in a small pitcher so Abbie doesn't have to struggle with a lid. They could have let her pour it herself and clean up if she made a mess. It's just oj it's not like it will be hard to clean. They make everything so difficult when they don't have to to try and force Abbie to fit into their "normal" world.

• Heart
Did you notice after Abbie handled the raw meat..Asshat had her go wash her hands...and counted..as if she was actually adequately washing her hands...which we know all she did was barely get her hands wet under the faucet. I bet she had raw meat juice all over the place by the time it was over.

That spice was going all over the place to... she had no concept of what she was doing and was just shaking it up and down. I'm sure what we see is the best of what happened ...so you can just imagine what actually happened in the kitchen.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
Did you notice after Abbie handled the raw meat..Asshat had her go wash her hands...and counted..as if she was actually adequately washing her hands...which we know all she did was barely get her hands wet under the faucet. I bet she had raw meat juice all over the place by the time it was over.

That spice was going all over the place to... she had no concept of what she was doing and was just shaking it up and down. I'm sure what we see is the best of what happened ...so you can just imagine what actually happened in the kitchen.
Here is her hand AFTER handling the raw meat and washing her hands, supposedly. Does she bite her nails? We know her brother has a few nails at every meal.
1645589981916.png

The OJ pouring was just another content setup for them to showcase her doing something that shows her progress. She supposedly got the OJ out and was going to pour herself a glass but then, all of a sudden, forgot how to pour herself a glass. So in steps Mother of the Year to help Sweet Girl pour the glass of OJ. Meanwhile, the Dad had been filming the whole time but somehow missed the part of Abbie pulling the OJ out of the fridge. Abbie must be a ninja when it comes to getting cereal, milk, OJ and bowls cause we never see it happening. I am beginning to think

• Haha
  • Sad
Assa totally forgot to use his masculine voice lots of times in tonight's vlog.
He's so feminine in his natural state.
Make the life changes Assa. You know that female sow has nothing that interests you. Divorce her. Take Abbie. Find a nice guy.
Make your crafts. Prance around your house saying super kute.
Maybe I could respect you if you just come out and be who you were intended to be.
Nah. Just kidding but you should really come out. 😆

• Haha
Just wanted to tell you, all my Tattle friends, how much I appreciate reading your thoughts every day. This year, so far, has been rough. From my mom passing away in mid January, from having a hell of a time traveling for her funeral (cancelled flights, stuck in Detroit, huge winter storm, etc.), and a planned trip to California two weeks later, it has been a doozy.

I inherited my folk’s condo and it’s been a lot of work almost every day (with my dear husband’s help), going through mountains of items spanning 40 years, clothes, dishes, you name it. I now am almost through with the going through part, and now I have to find an organization to take most of the furniture - while following the condo’s rules. I plan to list the condo in mid-March (or sooner). Reading your funny and insightful comments after my workdays has been such a release. Thank you all!
I've been through this and it is a ton of memories and work. If I can be helpful, please take no prisoners and purge everything. Take one item from each box as a memory. My Dad died in 2000 and my Mom in 2019 and I have sold the family home and and am now on purge #3 . It has cost me time and money to purge. Take pictures of what you will never use as a memory, our parents are probably yelling at us to get rid of what we will never use or look at xoxoxo

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.