Fathering Autism #116 Trying homeschooling? Who are they fooling?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is it me, or is Cillabeast getting dumber and dumber with each vlog?

Also I know this sounds horrible, but I have always thought Pigcilla has some kind of learning difficulty, and is not very intelligent. I could be wrong though. And sorry if that was insulting to anyone.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Is it me, or is Cillabeast getting dumber and dumber with each vlog?

Also I know this sounds horrible, but I have always thought Pigcilla has some kind of learning difficulty, and is not very intelligent. I could be wrong though. And sorry if that was insulting to anyone.
I have ALWAYS said Pigcill has a mild intellectual disability. It is usually genetic and I wouldn't be surprised if she was autistic either. I believe she passed it onto Abbie 100%.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I imagine the RV had so much damage last year because of her excessive weight (which is even more this year)..and the violent rocking..and Abbie and Asshat will also weigh more this year. Seems like they also broke this steps as well.

Wonder if they will have Dummer travel with them for 24/7 respite? If I was Isaiah I would be looking for a job and staying put! That last trip had to be miserable... are they really planning on$$$$$$ buying a new RV? P's dream RV... I thought she hated it?
I think he's breaking us in little by little for buying the .5th wheel just like he did with his other camper. All of a sudden it will just appear

I have ALWAYS said Pigcill has a mild intellectual disability. It is usually genetic and I wouldn't be surprised if she was autistic either. I believe she passed it onto Abbie 100%.
And she's knows it....

Reactions: 19
Sometimes I struggle to come up with the appropriate words for these screenshots. :unsure:πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ:ROFLMAO:πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

summer1.jpg

summer2.jpg

summer3.jpg

This is hilarious!! After Summer's big production, complete with a crotch grab, Abbie simply turns and walks away from her! :ROFLMAO: πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚ πŸ˜‚

summer5.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I think he's breaking us in little by little for buying the .5th wheel just like he did with his other camper. All of a sudden it will just appear
Well they fucked the first one up. Some how managed to damage it so bad it was getting fixed for months. I think Bruce will take the one they have now and they'll get a Class A RV

• Wow
Reactions: 17
  • Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Of topic: Limelife gossip - ya know the woman who always came second to P.? She was always second highest seller but she was at top of pyramid and had a huge team. Stephanie Treadway… Tread Beauty.. she has resigned from Slime and gone to another MLM. LOL. .. she will undoubtedly take people with her, one said she was keaving because: I’ll just post it. haha I hate that company. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ This woman also has an autistic child and has decided to homeschool. They never talk too harshly about company because they want to..

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
I really hope Isiah doesn’t tag along this time. It must have been horrible for him squashed in the truck with fat and fatter, 2 dogs and Abbie. Then having to share a room with her too! If he does do a trip I hope that he does one of his own again. He looked like he had a great time walking all over the place, seeing things, fending for himself etc. His trip was 1000 times better than the travelling fatty show. He should stay in Boone, build up some local business with his photography- he mentioned doing family shoots again on his vlog yesterday. I’m sure there would also be a spot of part time work too, get to know some people, get out and about, develop some work skills. It would be so good for him
Asa responded in the comments that Isaiah will probably be meeting up with them, but Isaiah's schedule isn't planned out yet.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Sadly Abbie doesnt have the intelligence to take things apart or work out how to operate things. If she did she would have got the fridge open, her bedroom gate open and the back door and pantry open. She cant use objects as tools which, to me, demonstrates her low IQ. Also, as I've said before, Abbie is inherently lazy which the Pigs do nothing about.
She's certainly "smart" enough to open food packages and rip down wallpaper, though...she can open an unlocked door and wander outside, find garbage to stim with, or eat non-food items she finds around the house. These are all things we've seen her do recently, and she could very easily do them at someone else's house. A&P would still have to be vigilant about that, if they actually cared about her safety.

That said, I think what Cilla dislikes about going to other people's homes is the feeling of being out of control/being bored. She doesn't get to set the timeline for what they do or when they eat/drink, so she just has to sit there waiting for them to do something that interests her. She's bored out of her mind and needs a hit of something that makes her feel good...hence her having the phone out at the table.

Sounds like a miserable way to live. I'm sorry.
Damn that's rude as duck 🀣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Sounds like a miserable way to live. I'm sorry.

I know some of my other autism mom friends' have things much worse than we do. The people we tend to surround ourselves with understand and accommodate him/us as best they can. We don't have daily violent aggression that some of my friends experience. It's no walk in the park by any means, but there is much worse.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
The Wee's just posted a video where Braylee was getting re diagnosed... and she has already had several. The time before she got level 3 autism with I think they said mid level IDD... and when they re tested her it was pretty much the same. They said it was a 3 hour test. Just with observation I would say Braylee is way ahead of Abbie...even though she is probably half Abbie's age...or less.

So Braylee has had multiple diagnosis/tests... but the Massives stilll talk about "global delays'...which is something they would diagnose at a very young age.. or so I have read. Seems like the Massives are definitely hiding Abbie's tests which should have had many re diagnosis by now??

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I agree and I believe this is all amplified by the fact that they underestimate Abbie while simultaneously over-estimating their own communication skills. We've seen before that she's understood things or had little conversations with Brandi via her ACC. They don't do that with her and if they tell her something, they assume if she doesn't comply it's because she can't understand. They do not *do* *the* *work* to present her with clear, multi-modal communication. Despite this, Asa is aware of these concepts (auditory processing, receptive communication) but only cares enough to lecture about them to the camera, not ever actually use them.

Like, she tore down wallpaper in the living room. They shouldn't be surprised. When she was anxious or bothering him, he let her shred paper in the living room. She cannot differentiate between the function of newspaper and wallpaper, but she loud and clear heard "it's okay to tear paper in the living room to help entertain myself." It's a reasonable conclusion given what Asa communicated with his actions.
You are completely correct. A&P do NOT do the work required. They always rely on Abbie's teachers and therapists to do everything and then reap the benefit of the work that others have done. A&P don't seem to understand that it is SO important for them to really and truly carry on the work at home. Asshat talks a lot, including in the example you gave, but all that talking is just noise and is rarely if ever put into practice. I think A&P don't do the work because they are extremely lazy, they view it as too bothersome or inconvenient - it interrupts and takes away from what THEY want to be doing, and on some level, they simply don't CARE to do anything but the bare minimum.

Your wallpaper example is on point. If the communication is poor, so will the results be. I said it in a previous post that I think Abbie tearing the wallpaper was a sensory seeking thing. That coupled with what you've said demonstrates that despite Asshat knowing the right things to say when talking to the vlog, there is so much Asshat is clueless about and doesn't put into practice.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
You are completely correct. A&P do NOT do the work required. They always rely on Abbie's teachers and therapists to do everything and then reap the benefit of the work that others have done. A&P don't seem to understand that it is SO important for them to really and truly carry on the work at home. Asshat talks a lot, including in the example you gave, but all that talking is just noise and is rarely if ever put into practice. I think A&P don't do the work because they are extremely lazy, they view it as too bothersome or inconvenient - it interrupts and takes away from what THEY want to be doing, and on some level, they simply don't CARE to do anything but the bare minimum.

Your wallpaper example is on point. If the communication is poor, so will the results be. I said it in a previous post that I think Abbie tearing the wallpaper was a sensory seeking thing. That coupled with what you've said demonstrates that despite Asshat knowing the right things to say when talking to the vlog, there is so much Asshat is clueless about and doesn't put into practice.
This is a great explanation of why Isaiah isn't doing well with school and can't keep up. He was not taught to DO THE WORK. You just do the work. You get your assignments and you do them - He's watched his slugs of parents do the minimum for the maximum and he has not learned to WORK. What the Massholes call work and what most normal people with jobs and careers call work are VASTLY different and they have done Isaiah no favors. He can't keep up in college, it doesn't look like he knows how to make or keep friendships, he's not involved in anything remotely charitable. And he's learned from them.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
I wonder if there is something pushing on Abbies brain, I watched a documentary about this disease where the brain starts to decay and it makes the people go backwards. Don't get me wrong, P and A are not helping by not doing the ABA or the disciplining her. But I wonder if there is more neurological problem?

I am sorry for sounding horrible, or trying to diagnose, it's just there is a lot of stuff that doesn't make sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I suffered through Isaiah's vlog and he was saying he was going to unfollow a bunch of people on IG. Love these comments.
1645562953047.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
Cognitive function can be split into so many domains as well...it's completely possible for someone to be at the level of an infant in one area of cognitive function, but at the level of a preschooler in another.
That makes sense. Different parts of the brain are responsible for different functions. With what you've said here, I think that makes it important to remember that just because Abbie may do really poorly in one area, that doesn't automatically make it the same across the board for all things and in all ways.

As far as Abbie's awareness of what's going on, the one thing I can say for sure is that she has the ability to recognize routines or patterns in behavior. You can see it pretty readily in the way she behaves regarding food, since she is so food-motivated...she notices when food is nearby, and she knows where the food is kept. She knows to lead people to the pantry when she wants food, and appears to understand which packages contain which foods. She understands what a restaurant is...and she appears to be able to generalize upon entering a restaurant and being seated that she will be brought food. I'm not 100% sure but I think she may even be able to recognize different restaurants...for example, it seems like she may be able to tell the difference between a Dunkin and Wendy's drive-thru, and expect to receive different foods from each one. She is also able to categorize signs and words...for example, when she is asking for a snack, she will scroll through all of her food-related signs or iPad buttons. She is sometimes less successful with the iPad, which is constantly being reorganized and also requires a higher level of fine motor function...but I don't recall ever seeing her accidentally throw in a non-food related sign (such as "bathroom" or "swing") when asking for food.
Right! If Abbie's comprehension, reasoning abilities, intelligence, and awareness were truly bordering on non-existent, she would not be able to do any of the things you've just outlined. When it comes to food, just like you said, there is no hesitation and she knows exactly what to do and where things are. When she goes to a restaurant, she may not understand that other people may receive their food first and then gets upset. Or she may just not like that fact that she has to be patient and not get what she wants immediately. I agree with everything you described. She definitely shows the capability of making distinctions between things and knowing, even if it's just a basic level, things like "snacks are in the pantry" and Zaxby's has chicken, Dunkin has donuts.

When it comes to what's important to her, she is definitely aware of her environment...and she is able to understand what will (or should) happen in different contexts, and with different people. For example, remember how she used to throw tantrums when she would come home from school and see Brandy? People say all the time that they don't think Abbie really knows the difference between the people in her life...but she can definitely discriminate between people, and expects different things to happen when she is with different people.
Very good point. I think there were times where just seeing Brandy's car upset her because she recognized it and knew what that meant would happen when they went in the house. We've also noticed, when Asshat used to vlog at JSA with Abbie's teachers, that Abbie would listen and comply w/ her teachers with little to no fussing or resisting. She knew that her teachers wouldn't tolerate her acting out and that they weren't push-overs. She knew that her usual methods of getting out of doing stuff would not work. Abbie also recognizes Crystal when she comes over or they go over there, Abbie becomes happier and wants to spend time w. Crystal right away.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.