Father of Daughters #55 His luggage is smarter than he is

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not being shady but was led to believe that most home invasions now are for car keys rather than physical goods, so I think they’ll be okay 🤭

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I wouldn’t really wish being robbed on anyone! Had my garage broken into and it was awful!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I wouldn’t really wish being robbed on anyone! Had my garage broken into and it was awful!
No me neither. We had people rob us whilst my housemate was home when we were at uni. She called and said how come you're back so early, we said we weren't, she said I can hear you upstairs in your room 🤯 luckily her room had a lock on the inside as they had a crowbar! Took all the electronics and ran off by the time the police arrived. She hid under the bed bless her.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
We're experiencing a severe cost of living crisis which will only be getting worse, and it's been well reported that police are gearing up for a surge in crime including theft as people resort to desperate measures.

Why take any unnecessary risks Simon and Clemmie, especially with young children at home?

Reactions: 11
I’ve always thought the IG crowd giving house tour and whatnot wasn’t the smartest. Like I know more about the OD’s house (and its points of entry) than most of my acquaintances.

Reactions: 10
Sorry if this has been covered but why does it always seem as if Simon has to balance working from home and looking after the twins. I thought Clemmie worked one shift a week or has that changed?

Sorry if this has been covered but why does it always seem as if Simon has to balance working from home and looking after the twins. I thought Clemmie worked one shift a week or has that changed?
It was one shift a week during their peak when they had gifted holidays and events to attend. Post Alicegate Clemmie has mostly likely had to increase the number of shifts in order to afford their lifestyle.

Reactions: 7
She always did 2, when she went back after the twins. It was a juggle all that influencing and 2 shifts bless her. She picked up the odd extr one as she is #selfless but the cost of travelling in for more shifts for an nhs midwife must be extortionate.

I suspect it's at least partly because that's how he WANTS it to look...

Reactions: 13
He has an ad in stories.
“Have you ever wondered how can I get my kids to know more about the world around them without looking at a screen?”

No - because we read books together, we go to museums and art galleries and are out in nature and the world every day. We chat all the time… and most importantly I lead by example. By not looking at a screen myself all the time when I’m around them.
Your children will be addicted to screens because that is how you have conditioned them, you dusty old cretin. Screens are the centre of your world. Not your family.
Also putting his body on his daughters legs in that last shot is just creepy.

Oh he’s horrendous.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
“Have you ever wondered how can I get my kids to know more about the world around them without looking at a screen?”

No - because we read books together, we go to museums and art galleries and are out in nature and the world every day. We chat all the time… and most importantly I lead by example. By not looking at a screen myself all the time when I’m around them.
Your children will be addicted to screens because that is how you have conditioned them, you dusty old cretin. Screens are the centre of your world. Not your family.
Also putting his body on his daughters legs in that last shot is just creepy.

Oh he’s horrendous.
And for the love of god, do something with the twin's hair....having curly hair doesn't need to look like a haystack any more!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
And for the love of god, do something with the twin's hair....having curly hair doesn't need to look like a haystack any more!
My niece is the same age as the twins (I forget that though as they don’t act the same age.She doesn’t still get up to antics expected of a toddler - maybe because my sister isn’t looking for freebies). She has very similar hair and it’s actually so neglectful to let it go unbrushed. If she didn’t brush it every day my sister would have to get in about it helping her detangling it. And I’ve seen it happen - it’s sore and distressing for her. If they are incapable of brushing their own hair, he has to take a look at himself. (Not a physical look - we know he looks at himself in his phone all day.)

That children's magazine subscription works out at £119.96 for a full year, excluding the introductory free issues.

It's not age appropriate for the twins IMO.

They've also done a Copenhagen showroom tour on HoH of another design company that they don't follow.

Did they spend their anniversary weekend mainly filming for instagram?

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
1667493950935.png

Not deliberately being mean but I also agree that this is currently above the twins level when he himself showed a snippet of one of the twins reading semi recently. Their written work isn't highly advanced either.

Some children have SEN and it's good they can develop at their own pace and not in the hothouses of London prep schools.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
It says for children aged between 8 and 14. I would take that to mean it's roughly aimed at 11 year olds, and an 8 year old would have to be quite advanced and into the news etc. to get benefit from it.

I would not have encouraged my 6-7 year olds to read about the likes of the budget and taxation, and often depressing current affairs, unless they'd demonstrated a genuine interest in it. I feel they have their whole older lives for that sort of thing and there are other ways of challenging them at that age while still letting them be children. It's different when they're a bit older going into the teen years.

Simon seems to contradict himself by saying it's for them to read and learn about things independently, but then it's something to do together. Unless he was talking about the twins reading it with each other.

8to14.jpg

TaxationFor6YearOlds.jpg

Reactions: 6
It says for children aged between 8 and 14. I would take that to mean it's roughly aimed at 11 year olds, and an 8 year old would have to be quite advanced and into the news etc. to get benefit from it.

I would not have encouraged my 6-7 year olds to read about the likes of the budget and taxation, and often depressing current affairs, unless they'd demonstrated a genuine interest in it. I feel they have their whole older lives for that sort of thing and there are other ways of challenging them at that age while still letting them be children. It's different when they're a bit older going into the teen years.

Simon seems to contradict himself by saying it's for them to read and learn about things independently, but then it's something to do together. Unless he was talking about the twins reading it with each other.

View attachment 1701660

View attachment 1701678
When I was 7 I was perfectly happy reading Twinkle and cutting out the cut out dolls on the back and dressing them 😂...
hasn't held me back in my professional life
I did however love reading National Geographical and had a subscription from age 10 onwards and ended up doing a Geography degree, although this bears no relationship to the career I'm in now!

Don't panic everyone! Simon Hooper is here with his "FYI" to inform us all what the Bank of England looks like!

313814325_1603036380111884_2575516631851937195_n.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Wonder if he used the youngest two to promote it because the eldest two wouldn't cooperate?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.