Father of Daughters #55 His luggage is smarter than he is

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Winning thread title by @BlairWaldorf86!

Brief, unordered recap - please add anything I've missed!

Having four children is hard work, especially after you've saved for two years for a 'real' holiday so lets bung em all in holiday club 24/7. Sorry FOD it was only around 9hrs per day wasn't it? The Hoopers all went on holiday and the kids were shipped off to kids club. Also whinged about the weight of luggage (karma was waiting in the wings) and added a bit of misogyny in for added measure.

Sly implied the second week of the holiday was discounted but unclear whether said holiday was actually part of paid partnership or FOD dreaming up #spon content. Once again flouting the ASA rules.

The highlight of the last thread and an early Christmas presents for us trolls.... Slymon and Glen had barely got back from one holiday before they jetted off for their anniversary. Well Glen made it to Denmark on the original flight - Slymon broke the luggage rules re Smart Luggage and instead of taking responsibility blamed the airline for keeping everyone onboard safe. Slymon was so distraught that he created some content around it, including the cringe inducing kicking of his own luggage.

We were treated to several too many montages of Glen's 'fashion' choices and another sniveling post declaring his love about Clemmie.

Amazingly FOD had his 40th birthday, and not as we all thought his 60th.

FOD started giving out financial advise - it was very questionable.

Axa shared more insightful bits of Fod's book including how he'd go to bed with a bottle between his legs to keep it warm :sick:.

Latest list of ads etc can be seen here.

For any lurkers or delurkers the wiki is here.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
I see lots of the comments on FoD’s ‘style’ post have made the mistake of asking a parenting blogger whether Copenhagen is family friendly. Or affordable if you don’t have €100+ to spend at each meal. I haven’t seen him answer although other people have.

His content really is wafer thin and just dull, isn’t it? Smug and defensive but not engaging or informative. The very embodiment of the privilege of a mediocre (public school) white man to think he can just regurgitate any old crap and remain popular.

Reactions: 17
Thank you very much for the new thread @EddieBeds and the fab recap! 🙌 Congrats on the title @BlairWaldorf86!

For any newbies, Glen = Clemmie. It was a typo that stuck and won't go away. She's probably grateful for it because she can pretend in her head that we're talking about someone else instead of her 😜.

Thread title nominations/suggestions from page 40 onwards pls.

I'm posting the #ad #gifted #partnership list once a month after the end of each month now, instead of after each time he gets an ad.

I was thinking earlier, there was a time when him getting chucked off the flight would have made the mainstream news, but I don't think there was a single mention of it anywhere (other than here), not even on twitter 😆.

Amazing that he hasn't posted about his birthday after building it up for a year, though I suppose there's still time if he's making one of his shoddy, migraine-inducing reels. Or maybe Clemmie has decided his account should be about her, and only about her, from now on.

That last thread was one for the ages I must say. Wonder what awaits us for #55?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
The kids aren’t cute babies anymore so he is making his Instagram all about his wife and her ‘fashion’…. ?
He’s so desperate for content - and fast becoming hugely irrelevant. Apart from all the “We Want Clemmie Back” brigade, who actually gives a duck about him?

oh, and apart from us trolls who like to test our blood pressure and improve our own self esteem by seeing how much of a complete hole another human being is… 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Predictions:
-Ethical Christmas
-Christmas lights in London again.
-The weird Santa call again.
-Fairy on top of the tree again
-Not drinking again
-Dancing with Christmas lights again
-Wistful woodland walk with the dogs + family again
-A Clemmie worked 2324532 hours, slept 3.5h + fed 5000 and still looks fab again. #imsoluckyiknockedherupandtrappedherbeforeshecouldleaveme

It's been fun following him here though.

Also why ask someone if it's family friendly if they didn't even take the kids? :LOL:

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
The Hoopers are the LAST people I'd ask about whether anywhere is child-friendly!

One of the recurring themes they're putting out there lately seems to be that Clemmie is looking younger and younger, which isn't true. I'm not saying she's aging badly, just that she IS aging (which is perfectly normal).

There's a reason they're pushing that narrative. Perhaps Clemmie is sensitive about her aging, or maybe they're trying to appeal to "younger" fashion brands?

By the way, there's often inconsistant blurring/softening on her pics as has been mentioned before. Here's one example from his latest reel. I haven't edited the image myself, only zoomed in and circled one of the areas with - IMO - obvious blurring/softening.

Forehead2.jpg

Forehead.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
The Hoopers are the LAST people I'd ask about whether anywhere is child-friendly!

One of the recurring themes they're putting out there lately seems to be that Clemmie is looking younger and younger, which isn't true. I'm not saying she's aging badly, just that she IS aging (which is perfectly normal).

There's a reason they're pushing that narrative. Perhaps Clemmie is sensitive about her aging, or maybe they're trying to appeal to "younger" fashion brands?

By the way, there's often inconsistant blurring/softening on her pics as has been mentioned before. Here's one example from his latest reel. I haven't edited the image myself, only zoomed in and circled one of the areas with - IMO - obvious blurring/softening.

View attachment 1604987

View attachment 1604986
Yes, she is a serial offender of eyebrow raising and she had those 11 lines which have disappeared in that pic. I've just noticed that her eyebrows seem to start a bit "late" and now I can't unsee it 🙊

• Haha
Reactions: 13
My prediction is that Clemmie ‘throws’ him a big party so he gets:

photos of her in some spotty catalogue shroud
photos of the twins being crazy at a party
hilarious comment on how teens are too cool for parents’ parties
another gush about the amazing parties she throws
shots of the house decorated, and
finally his epic overwritten, badly phrased lament about being 40.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Predictions:
-Ethical Christmas
-Christmas lights in London again.
-The weird Santa call again.
-Fairy on top of the tree again
-Not drinking again
-Dancing with Christmas lights again
-Wistful woodland walk with the dogs + family again
-A Clemmie worked 2324532 hours, slept 3.5h + fed 5000 and still looks fab again. #imsoluckyiknockedherupandtrappedherbeforeshecouldleaveme

It's been fun following him here though.

Also why ask someone if it's family friendly if they didn't even take the kids? :LOL:
Don’t forget the pumpkin/gourd picking trip to Felderland Farm. Might even be a tractor ride for shits and gigs

Reactions: 9
My prediction is that Clemmie ‘throws’ him a big party so he gets:

photos of her in some spotty catalogue shroud
photos of the twins being crazy at a party
hilarious comment on how teens are too cool for parents’ parties
another gush about the amazing parties she throws
shots of the house decorated, and
finally his epic overwritten, badly phrased lament about being 40.
Will we get a return if the infamous #youalwaysfindclemmieinthekitchen hashtag?! (Or whatever it was; I think I’m close.)

Reactions: 11
I saw Nas mentioned on social media last night. Remember when Simon's idea of how women/girls should feel empowered on International Women's Day was to encourage them to repeatedly listen to a Nas song with lyrics about being careful of rapists and men with HIV? (Not to mention all the other levels on which this #ad and its wording was so, so wrong).

EmpowermentMyArse.png

• Wow
  • Sick
I saw Nas mentioned on social media last night. Remember when Simon's idea of how women/girls should feel empowered on International Women's Day was to encourage them to repeatedly listen to a Nas song with lyrics about being careful of rapists and men with HIV? (Not to mention all the other levels on which this #ad and its wording was so, so wrong).

View attachment 1605851
Katy Perry's "hear me roar" or Sia's unstoppable would have a been better pick.

I honestly just think he was just trying to use a black musician to prove the brand is not racist.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
That whole post is a shitshow. I am staggered he thought any part of it was a good idea, let alone the sum total of it all.

It started badly, by framing it as "what women do for ME, a man" (talk about missing the point), and got cumulatively worse from there. Even the pink and curly comments-switched-off "sorry for those it offended" was an insult.

• Heart
Katy Perry's "hear me roar" or Sia's unstoppable would have a been better pick.

I honestly just think he was just trying to use a black musician to prove the brand is not racist.
I think that he just didn't think at all just like everything he does and he was like oh I know I can sounds great and empowering 😅

• Sad
Reactions: 6

View attachment 1605851
Holy bleeping tit. He recommended we listen to this with our children?!?!

• Sad
Reactions: 7
House of Hooper has been resurrected for a story and grid post about Fod’s love of symmetry 🥱.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
House of Hooper has been resurrected for a story and grid post about Fod’s love of symmetry 🥱.
Aye because his symmetrical daughters were his source of income. Twins don’t work anymore so …. What else looks the same?

He’s such a bore. Their house decor shows no sign of any appreciation of order or symmetry - it’s chaotic and shite. Like his content. (Their content, sorry. As both accounts seem to be a MOD and FOD collaboration now.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Totally incongruous post on House of Hooper. They haven't got a clue what to do with that account these days 😂

Lol at the mandatory Clemmie mention and all the errors, even in their own hashtag #houseohhooper

And why is the Premiership Rugby ticket link (from June) back in his FOD account bio?

If this was the best I could do for a pair of supposed "aspirational" accounts with a combined million follows, I'd rather just give up. They're embarrassing themselves.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.