Father of Daughters #55 His luggage is smarter than he is

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Says it all that his mother would rather go on a silent retreat than spend time with him for his birthday😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
The most laughable bit is in the post when he says he’s not bothered about material things….yeah sure mate - except when they’re free!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Says it all that his mother would rather go on a silent retreat than spend time with him for his birthday😂
That's what I noticed - his mother isn't in any of the pictures. Weird? And they were dressed as pirates but were having a 'private' themed party.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
My children kept their own certificates from the day they were issued. They worked for them, they earned them, they are theirs and not mine.

This picture is so staged lol. "Gather round, wife and children. Let's celebrate the wonder that is ME. Move in closer or it won't fit the instagram story aspect ratio."

CE296A6F-5BC1-4E87-B0AB-12A92BB3A489.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
In all pictures, Clemmie always looks like there's somewhere else she'd rather be.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Does Simon write the absolutely crappest metaphors ever ironically, or are they the best he can come up with?

'Made me weep like someone with overactive tear ducts who was made to cut 1000 onions'? I mean, what?!

I thought it was nice that his parents gave him his great grandfather's tools, that's pretty cool. But who has their qualification certificates still at their parents house? Didn't he need them for jobs etc? Oh god, i hope he didn't come up it the idea for the book himself and then give them his certificates so they could 'surprise' him!!! Cringe!

And also Simon, we all know 'it's not about the material things' is total bollocks coming from you of all people!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
You don’t need qualification certificates when your job is titting about on instagram!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I assume he's the eldest child? Otherwise I'm guessing the ego folder wouldn't have been much of a surprise as one or both of the siblings would have been given theirs already?

I can imagine Clemmie and Simon missing their children's milestone birthdays in future tbh because they're off doing their own thing like Simon's mum...

Reactions: 12
It does feel more like a 21st than a 40th present. He did not take a good graduation photo, did he?

• Haha
Except she actually did 🤣
We're supposed to believe that his mommy loves him so much that she did a scrapbook of all the achievements of her middle aged son (weird but ok) but not to the point of actually attending her son 40th birthday party (and bleeping off on a silent retreat instead 🤣). They're so bizarre.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Except she actually did 🤣
We're supposed to believe that his mommy loves him so much that she did a scrapbook of all the achievements of her middle aged son (weird but ok) but not to the point of actually attending her son 40th birthday party (and bleeping off on a silent retreat instead 🤣). They're so bizarre.
I thought at first it was a joke about the silent Buddhist retreat and she’d be on the next pic but interesting she’d rather be there than with her man child and her racist daughter in law!

I presume we’ll also be treated to a post of what Clem did for him (other than stay on the plane when they went away for his bday) because when you get to 40 it’s usually your partner that makes the effort for you rather than mummy putting together your record of achievement (who’s old enough to remember them?! 🤪)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I love the typo of a “Private themed party” on his stories. Obvs we know he means Pirate but given how much they’ve sold of their kids childhood a private themed party sounds like something the girls would actually want.

Glen: “and what do you want for your bday this year, ~insert girls name~?”

Girl: “privacy!!!”

Sly: “okay, but just one party and I get to post 5 photos to stories after making sure everyone knows it was private.”

• Haha
His birthday was nearly two weeks ago! He started counting down to it on his PREVIOUS birthday, if not earlier. He's been mentioning it ALL YEAR. Just how much more is he going to string it out? We haven't had the debrief on his "fitter than ever by 40" mission yet either, so I'm sure that's coming.

I find it absolutely bizarre that an adult feels this level of self-indulgence and drawn out content creation for their own birthday is appropriate. So embarrassed for him with the amount of time and effort he's devoting to his over a year long birthday campaign for himself.

His birthday was nearly two weeks ago! He started counting down to it on his PREVIOUS birthday, if not earlier. He's been mentioning it ALL YEAR. Just how much more is he going to string it out? We haven't had the debrief on his "fitter than ever by 40" mission yet either, so I'm sure that's coming.

I find it absolutely bizarre that an adult feels this level of self-indulgence and drawn out content creation for their own birthday is appropriate. So embarrassed for him with the amount of time and effort he's devoting to his over a year long birthday campaign for himself.
But he had nothing to say about the Queen, weirdly - so had to stay silent during that... and then dragged his birthday out.

Why not acknowledge the Queen and his birthday? In some long winded smart arse metaphor?

Reactions: 6
I know what Simon is : he's of average intelligence and average athletic skills yet his parents saw him as the 7th wonder of world "brightest, most intelligent, strongest". He spent his entire childhood believing this yet struggled to be extraordinary because he was not. He resent that and feel the world should see him the way his parents does even if he literally have nothing to offer. That's my 2 cents in psychology for today 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.