Father of Daughters #55 His luggage is smarter than he is

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Even if they could never have foreseen Alicegate, anyone with a bit of common sense would have known there was a good chance that their glory days of raking in the cash and freebies would be short-lived. With careful planning, it really should have set them up to live reasonably comfortably alongside their day jobs for more than 3 years after it all went pop.

I'm not saying he shouldn't ever be worrying, but a lot of the things he says he's worrying about appear to be of his and Clemmie's own making and/or could easily be improved if they shifted their priorities.

Besides, having someone to share your mental load with is a privilege in itself. A lot of people either do not have that someone, or for any number of reasons cannot burden their nearest and dearest. Which is why signposts to outside help are so very important.
This is also ignoring the privilege of having family help you financially. They’d have received help buying their first property as their salaries vs the properties they’ve bought don’t align without a reasonable gifted deposit, or equity gained in the case of the onwards purchase. They’ve got grandparents paying school fees (which I wholly believe as can’t see how it’s possible for them otherwise, even if they were mortgage free) so clearly in a position to help if heaven forbid they both lost their jobs.

I’m not saying people can’t worry unless they’re literally a poor as a door mouse but 🥴 tbh don’t want to hear anything to do with the current economy from someone benefitting from both intergenerational wealth and the grifters gifting community on Insta?

• Heart
Reactions: 22
If he were worried about redundancy he wouldn’t be making stupid videos on Instagram that take days

Reactions: 18
Agree completely @heretoreaditall2019. He knows they're never going to end up homeless with their combined families as a safety net.

The total centering of himself, and lack of any acknowledgement of his privileged position is quite galling to me. You can have privilege and still worry about things, but holy tit at least recognise how much better off you are than most.

How many people would give their right arm to feel "stuck in a life" where they have a partner, children, extended family who seem to provide childcare on tap, a home with loads of room near the sea, a very flexible working from home job, multiple holidays, weekend trips, days out, meals out, gifts, luxury items, the latest tech, time for exercise and hobbies....

• Heart
Reactions: 25
So obvious Glen is involved with his posts ensuring St Clemmie gets a mention for saving the day!

But not mentioning same Clemmie was spending £300 on Ganni dresses on their flash weekend away while he was supposedly worrying about redundancy.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
He is all about conspicuous lifestyle consumerism. Disposable furnishings, unnecessary extras, over-specced items. Paying a company to supply all his garden plants rather than going down the garden centre like the rest of us.

You can’t convincingly go from that to worrying about the cost of living.

Oddly enough only about 20 of his 864k followers interacted with his post in any meaningful way.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Both older girls are at a private school.Grandparents might be paying though.

Think it’s only the twins that aren’t.

Current house was 15k more then their old place sold for and like Here said they bought it 2017. They've already had five years of lower interest rates.
Yeah must have come to the end of their fixed rate. We will on December. Quick I must write an Instagram post 🙄🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
If they fixed or re-fixed several months ago (remember he's "stayed silent for months"), then they're probably still in a better position than those facing bigger hikes now 😔

This is also ignoring the privilege of having family help you financially. They’d have received help buying their first property as their salaries vs the properties they’ve bought don’t align without a reasonable gifted deposit, or equity gained in the case of the onwards purchase. They’ve got grandparents paying school fees (which I wholly believe as can’t see how it’s possible for them otherwise, even if they were mortgage free) so clearly in a position to help if heaven forbid they both lost their jobs.

I’m not saying people can’t worry unless they’re literally a poor as a door mouse but 🥴 tbh don’t want to hear anything to do with the current economy from someone benefitting from both intergenerational wealth and the grifters gifting community on Insta?
Completely agree with all this, however I do think they’ve (stupidly) overstretched themselves with that house. They bought it at the height of their ‘fame’ and probably imagined that the free holidays and kitchens and food subscriptions plus actual cash for ads would never end. It’s going to cost a bloody fortune to heat as well, because let’s not forget, it’s a ‘drafty pile of old bricks’. I do genuinely thinks he’s worried about the cost of living, even with having parents to fall back on as I imagine they might have their own worries around money.

Of course that’s not to say I feel sorry for him because I really, really don’t. He and the missus couldn’t have cared less when they were flaunting their aspirational lifestyle and I find it a bit rich that he’s now trying to pretend he’s one of us.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Completely agree with all this, however I do think they’ve (stupidly) overstretched themselves with that house. They bought it at the height of their ‘fame’ and probably imagined that the free holidays and kitchens and food subscriptions plus actual cash for ads would never end. It’s going to cost a bloody fortune to heat as well, because let’s not forget, it’s a ‘drafty pile of old bricks’. I do genuinely thinks he’s worried about the cost of living, even with having parents to fall back on as I imagine they might have their own worries around money.

Of course that’s not to say I feel sorry for him because I really, really don’t. He and the missus couldn’t have cared less when they were flaunting their aspirational lifestyle and I find it a bit rich that he’s now trying to pretend he’s one of us.
Agreed re over stretching. Even though the house was worth about the same the bills and maintenance/improvements will be significantly more. Also they’ve actually done it a disservice by decorating it the way they have because it undoubtedly needs sorting (tatty kitchen, horrible dark walls, love island garden) but the level of work between theirs and a probate or divorce doer upper is negligible so it’s not as if the market will bite their hands off for it or anyone will be paying a premium for the pleasure of living there. Especially considering they’ve removed a toilet from a floor so no families will want it as no one else would expect their young girls to urinate in boxes like they’re cats?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
It would be completely understandable if he was genuinely worried, but maybe cool it with the £250 smart suitcases, the all day/all evening childcare on holiday (may have been free I know), the private hiring of a boat, Clemmie's outfit shopping, £8+ pints and £100-£200 dinners in Copenhagen.

It's perfectly possible to not drink alcohol and still have a good time on a city break. You don't have to eat out every night (or at all). I'm sure many of us have travelled on a budget at some point in our lives and put together something from a supermarket in our hotel room supplemented by a pizza slice or a hot dog here and there? Heck, I've been known to pack a small travel kettle so I could practically live on packet noodles.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
It would be completely understandable if he was genuinely worried, but maybe cool it with the £250 smart suitcases, the all day/all evening childcare on holiday (may have been free I know), the private hiring of a boat, Clemmie's outfit shopping, £8+ pints and £100-£200 dinners in Copenhagen.

It's perfectly possible to not drink alcohol and still have a good time on a city break. You don't have to eat out every night (or at all). I'm sure many of us have travelled on a budget at some point in our lives and put together something from a supermarket in our hotel room supplemented by a pizza slice or a hot dog here and there? Heck, I've been known to pack a small travel kettle so I could practically live on packet noodles.
The difference there is for them it is all about status and the gram content.

They spend the whole time staging and posing for photos in expensive shops and restaurants, in order to have IG content.

So they can then tag the tit out of brands in the hope of being noticed.

Even if they did do it on a budget, they wouldn't admit that.

It is utterly tragic how everything they do is considered as a possible means to be sent freebies/discounts/ads.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Was just thinking of this thread as I loaded the dishwasher lol -

It’s weird like in the last few days clocking how little brands give a duck about what the Hoopers did? This is a bit 🤯/sad as it must be how black ppl feel 24/7, like knowing that the #BLM grid posts were never that deep for most the ppl posting it. The majority of ppl and basically all for profit brands haven’t done the anti racism work or done anything better. The brands still working with them are banking on most white ppl being apathetic to it, tbh the majority of the (white and arguably non black) British public probably wouldn’t see anything wrong with the micro aggression of labelling a BW as aggressive or see a problem with Clemmie essentially saying CB played the race card (didn’t she say weaponises her experiences)? It’s really disheartening to see this and that’s from the privileged position of being a white woman.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Was just thinking of this thread as I loaded the dishwasher lol -

It’s weird like in the last few days clocking how little brands give a duck about what the Hoopers did? This is a bit 🤯/sad as it must be how black ppl feel 24/7, like knowing that the #BLM grid posts were never that deep for most the ppl posting it. The majority of ppl and basically all for profit brands haven’t done the anti racism work or done anything better. The brands still working with them are banking on most white ppl being apathetic to it, tbh the majority of the (white and arguably non black) British public probably wouldn’t see anything wrong with the micro aggression of labelling a BW as aggressive or see a problem with Clemmie essentially saying CB played the race card (didn’t she say weaponises her experiences)? It’s really disheartening to see this and that’s from the privileged position of being a white woman.
A white woman and a midwife when black women are known to suffer more in childbirth and CB did have a terrible experience.

A white woman and a midwife when black women are known to suffer more in childbirth and CB did have a terrible experience.
Oh I know, and imo the fact CB was invited on to discuss her birth experience as a black woman when she experienced trauma and had no choice but to give birth in a system where black women are 5x more likely to die in childbirth than WW then turned around and stabbed her in the back whilst also holding a position of trust/power over BW is truly chilling, like beyond abhorrent behaviour and I’m horrified she’s not been struck off (but again, she’s been judged through the lens of a system that has allowed black womens’ birth outcomes to get to this horrifying state so could we have ever expected better?) - but still I think most people would say so what. After that Rochelle Humes BBC documentary on black womens’ experiences came out (that I think there was some issue with CB being told this was her job, so crossover there too lol) there were so many absolutely trash comments all over Facebook and Insta from active HCPs saying how no no it’s all wrong blah blah. I don’t think that the majority of the public can understand what systemic means, they dismiss it as a conspiracy or their perceived lack of privilege (eg they can say what they want about us but we can’t say anything about them). So brands don’t need to step up because the vast majority of their audience couldn’t give a flying duck, and they’d have to really duck up to have a Diet Prada level cancellation eg send models down the runway in blackface or steal indigenous art. Partnering with someone who had a race row however many years ago doesn’t meet the threshold so they may as well give these trash bags a freebie/pay them £250 for a grid post cos who’s gonna say diddly? It’s so bad.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
The thing with HCPs or anyone else arguing that racism doesn’t exist in Britain today because they haven’t personally felt it at their workplace doesn’t take away someone else’s lived experience. It’s unconscious and deeply rooted. You only truly understand it if you’ve been through it.

I had a choice of dentists yesterday based on profile pictures at the same practice. I went with the Asian doctor instead of the white one. Just felt that I would be more comfortable with him. That’s my racial bias, to deny it completely would be a lie.

I personally would be afraid to give birth in a NHS hospital. Even more so if I was a black woman.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
1: I spend too much time alone: is this after the hockey, cycling competitions, fabulous holidays, extended family etc etc

2: am I present enough for my girls: well you’ve screwed every second of their childhood for every penny you can through social media, I imagine a break from you would be wonderful

3: I bury my feelings and don’t talk enough: when have you ever buried the constant irritation you feel with your children then flip flop to they are the bestest thing ever, when do you ever shut up

4: my confidence is a mask: being a smug bleep isn’t hidden behind any mask, your vanity is breathtaking

5: can I still support my family financially: wank off, wanker, you’ve been on a fantastic holiday, palmed off the kids for hours and hours a day only to come home and off you go again spend spend spend just bleeping duck off

6: sometimes I feel stuck in my life: what? Hobbies, lovely home, sexy ( to you) wife, 4 children, sausages dogs x 2, money, travel, published author, free trip for you and your equally smug mate to the F1

7: I’m worried about being made redundant: you are probably okay I mean if they haven’t got rid of you by now with your tone deaf approach to life then what would it take 🤔

so yeah duck off you ungrateful prick

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 34
What a load of tosh. Should have known he would jump aboard. The growing trend of people harping on about mental health as if they know what they are talking about - undermines those suffering from genuine mental illness. This is something really close to my heart. Mental illness nearly burned my life to the ground - it’s took years and a lot of work to get to the surface. The ‘self care era’ mentality has done so much damage for people suffering from real mental health problems. I know we all have mental health - but worrying about redundancy and having a few restless nights is not raising awareness about it - it’s bullshit. Sorry this probably makes no sense and I don’t mean to offend anyone. I hate that guy.
I absolutely get what you are meaning. People seem to confuse mental health issues with real life problems that make you feel tit. Feeling down and stressed is a perfectly normal reaction to the issues he highlighted. Carrying on as normal and spending money recklessly would be a sign of mental health issues.

Mental health however is not a constant. It is something that can never be taken for granted.

Again, I'm not sure if I am making sense or if I'm being offensive. But it a topic that people discuss so flippantly and genuinely boils my piss.

Yeah must have come to the end of their fixed rate. We will on December. Quick I must write an Instagram post 🙄🙄
We are in Feb... I'm.shitting drafty bricks 🙈

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
He did post about mortgage rates a while back and they were due to change but it must have been on stories and I don't remember what he said.

Reactions: 6
The thing with HCPs or anyone else arguing that racism doesn’t exist in Britain today because they haven’t personally felt it at their workplace doesn’t take away someone else’s lived experience. It’s unconscious and deeply rooted. You only truly understand it if you’ve been through it.

I had a choice of dentists yesterday based on profile pictures at the same practice. I went with the Asian doctor instead of the white one. Just felt that I would be more comfortable with him. That’s my racial bias, to deny it completely would be a lie.

I personally would be afraid to give birth in a NHS hospital. Even more so if I was a black woman.
I would too, I watched every episode of One Born Every Minute.😳

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Things Simon SHOULD be worrying about:

(p.s. there's room for a few more if anyone wants to suggest others!)

FODworries.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.