Father of Daughters #55 His luggage is smarter than he is

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm finding that awareness days for serious topics like mental health, cancers, minority rights and many others are increasingly becoming just a check box on social media for a lot of people. In a way trivialised. Bung up a post on the relevant day, job done until next year. Heart disease one day, cookie day the next. It starts to become meaningless, and difficult to access links to real practical help and useful information if hashtags become flooded with "noise".

I think you can tell the difference between those who are genuine about a topic and putting in work throughout the year to try to make a difference however small, and those who are just posting because of an annual prompt on their social media calendar.

I'm tired after a long day and probably haven't explained this well. Hopefully you get the gist.
100%, it’s all now just another box ticked on a social content calendar. + Agreed Toffee, it’s always such shallow and self obsessed content with absolutely no time taken out to consider what role social media & SM influencers have upon ppl’s mental well-being.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
That post just feels so, so off after he's reeked of privilege all year.

I'm sure those who can't afford a big house, countless home projects, four overseas trips this year alone, festivals, clothes shopping sprees, expensive hobbies, etc, etc, will be relieved he's feeling less pressure after talking to Clemmie.

I'm sure those who face redundancy year-round or have actually lost their jobs will be comforted to know that he escaped redundancy (from a job where he hardly seems to actually have to do anything) that one time 2 months ago.

I'm sure those whose finances are crippled by cost of living increases feel so much better that he appears to have the option of not impacting his children's lives if he does a bit of budgeting.

Your "outward projection" of wealth, travel, material goods and lifestyle contributes to other people's mental health problems Simon. But you know that, and you don't give a tit. Look at the backdrop of your enormous home study while you reel off your faux "worries" in an attempt to be relatable for mental health day.

View attachment 1640952
I'm worried about my eyes looking at his jumper.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
It would sound more authentic if he’d spoken about it at the time, rather than waited for today. And he does this every year, so the schtick about not feeling able to discuss his feelings wears thin.

There IS a major issue of men not talking about their feelings or sharing their stress, but he’d make far more of a difference by talking about it year round, rather than spending most of the year showing off his material wealth.

Obviously his catalogue of virtues and talents is fairly amusing.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
What a twit.
Just had a holiday in one of the most expensive cities in Europe, following a trip to Mark Warner as a family of 6. Yeah - you must be bricking it re money.

Not entirely sure that most people concerned about money to a degree that’s it’s impacting on their mental health, would be constructing pergolas and outdoor kitchens

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I'm finding that awareness days for serious topics like mental health, cancers, minority rights and many others are increasingly becoming just a check box on social media for a lot of people. In a way trivialised. Bung up a post on the relevant day, job done until next year. Heart disease one day, cookie day the next. It starts to become meaningless, and difficult to access links to real practical help and useful information if hashtags become flooded with "noise".

I think you can tell the difference between those who are genuine about a topic and putting in work throughout the year to try to make a difference however small, and those who are just posting because of an annual prompt on their social media calendar.

I'm tired after a long day and probably haven't explained this well. Hopefully you get the gist.
You'd think those awareness days were created for Instagram. Give them something to talk about between the endless ads.

This doesn't really add up, in particular the bit about staying silent for "months" with worry about:
  • cost of living increases (did that really impact them to a great degree months ago?)
  • the threat of redundancy (two months ago according to him, around the time of the MW holiday/childcare)
  • big jump in mortgage (seems odd - what exactly happened there if it was months ago when rates were still low?)
  • getting less and less sleep (yet he was flogging sleep drops earlier this year and claiming they worked for him).
WeBelieveYou.png

How convenient Clemmie "saw he was stressed" about finances in the short gap between their extravagent spending in Copenhagen (extra flight*, £100-£200 meals per night, drinks, multiple shopping sprees) and World Mental Health Day. Because as others have indicated, even if their flights and accom were pre-booked, their spending pattern on the Copenhagen trip sure as hell wasn't that of a couple on a small budget.

Even if they're feeling the pinch, they have scope and assets that so many people in desperate situations can only dream about. And don't even get me started on the whole "am I present enough for my girls?" and "I spend too much time on my own" thing, because that's a whole different rant. Lol.

* He was prepared on the spot to pay for an extra flight without any knowledge of whether that would cost £100, £500 or possibly even more.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
This doesn't really add up, in particular the bit about staying silent for "months" with worry about:
  • cost of living increases (did that really impact them to a great degree months ago?)
  • the threat of redundancy (two months ago according to him, around the time of the MW holiday/childcare)
  • big jump in mortgage (seems odd - what exactly happened there if it was months ago when rates were still low?)
  • getting less and less sleep (yet he was flogging sleep drops earlier this year and claiming they worked for him).
View attachment 1641956

How convenient Clemmie "saw he was stressed" about finances in the short gap between their extravagent spending in Copenhagen (extra flight*, £100-£200 meals per night, drinks, multiple shopping sprees) and World Mental Health Day. Because as others have indicated, even if their flights and accom were pre-booked, their spending pattern on the Copenhagen trip sure as hell wasn't that of a couple on a small budget.

Even if they're feeling the pinch, they have scope and assets that so many people in desperate situations can only dream about. And don't even get me started on the whole "am I present enough for my girls?" and "I spend too much time on my own" thing, because that's a whole different rant. Lol.

* He was prepared on the spot to pay for an extra flight without any knowledge of whether that would cost £100, £500 or possibly even more.
If I were him I’d be more concerned that it took my wife months to notice I was stressed. Dunno about anyone else but I’m pretty tuned into my husband. State of their marriage 🤷🏽‍♀️

View attachment 1641956

also- yes to all this. He takes his followers for absolute mugs. My husband and I both work and we couldn’t afford one foreign holiday this year never mind 3-4, however many they’ve had. They stink of privilege. Hell mend them sat in that draughty house in a few years time when they’re having to pay for their daughters to have private therapy. Maybe they could put a couple of their kitchens on gumtree.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
He has a "mental health" story highlight near the top of his profile. It's his second most recently added-to highlight (behind low alcohol).

He hasn't added anything to it in the last 86 weeks.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Lucky he doesn't need to worry about school fees too, poor old hard done by fOdNeY.

View attachment 1641956

I’m guessing they were on a variable rate mortgage and it’s either gone up in line with interest or they’ve decided to fix which would have been a bigger jump. I struggle to have sympathy it appears a lot of the MC mama lot were on variables and are now whinging, sorry but it’s a higher risk product that you’ve reaped the rewards of for however many years/decades of historically low interest rates and now you’re at the higher risk part, sorry huns. Once they got to 0.25% they were really only ever going to go one way (up!) so you should have been prepared for this?

I can believe he’s worried about redundancy & money, I think they got gifted the entire holiday not just a discount - but again brands are shooketh post BLM so have to feign ignorance to the whole Candice scandal.

Also if I was Clemmie I would be fewmin that my husband is constantly referring to supporting the family like this? She raked in hundreds of thousands for them and gave them a lifestyle far beyond his earning capacity. She’s out doing a physically and mentally challenging job daily and won’t be earning that far off him! So the bleeping cheek of him acting as if he’s the breadwinner 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
That post just feels so, so off after he's reeked of privilege all year.

I'm sure those who can't afford a big house, countless home projects, four overseas trips this year alone, festivals, clothes shopping sprees, expensive hobbies, etc, etc, will be relieved he's feeling less pressure after talking to Clemmie.

I'm sure those who face redundancy year-round or have actually lost their jobs will be comforted to know that he escaped redundancy (from a job where he hardly seems to actually have to do anything) that one time 2 months ago.

I'm sure those whose finances are crippled by cost of living increases feel so much better that he appears to have the option of not impacting his children's lives if he does a bit of budgeting.

Your "outward projection" of wealth, travel, material goods and lifestyle contributes to other people's mental health problems Simon. But you know that, and you don't give a tit. Look at the backdrop of your enormous home study while you reel off your faux "worries" in an attempt to be relatable for mental health day.

View attachment 1640952
He seems to gave forgotten to add ‘I spend too much time filming my family to use as content for my insta’

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Lucky he doesn't need to worry about school fees too, poor old hard done by fOdNeY.
Both older girls are at a private school.Grandparents might be paying though.

Think it’s only the twins that aren’t.

Current house was 15k more then their old place sold for and like Here said they bought it 2017. They've already had five years of lower interest rates.

Last edited:
I think the Clam mentioned that the school fees were paid by the grandparents, which ones I have no idea.

Reactions: 6
Even if they could never have foreseen Alicegate, anyone with a bit of common sense would have known there was a good chance that their glory days of raking in the cash and freebies would be short-lived. With careful planning, it really should have set them up to live reasonably comfortably alongside their day jobs for more than 3 years after it all went pop.

I'm not saying he shouldn't ever be worrying, but a lot of the things he says he's worrying about appear to be of his and Clemmie's own making and/or could easily be improved if they shifted their priorities.

Besides, having someone to share your mental load with is a privilege in itself. A lot of people either do not have that someone, or for any number of reasons cannot burden or open up to their nearest and dearest. Which is why signposts to outside help are so very important.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.