Father of Daughters #55 His luggage is smarter than he is

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ffs, I got an E Mail from holidays extras today , promoting.....Port Lympne Reserve! šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
F543088D-28CD-42B3-B560-0C4F8B3CCF2D.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I messaged the chocolate company. They replied and said I wasnā€™t the only one whoā€™d pointed out the Hoopers past but that they werenā€™t aware of it but wouldnā€™t want to be associated with it.

Itā€™s good that they replied as lots donā€™t but do your research guys!! If you type father of daughters into Google the second post is the full expose on them inc Alice/Axa and then all the preceding posts are about the same!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Well done for contacting them and getting a response @Emmadale!

It's not a good look for the brands either way, is it? Either they aren't doing the absolute barest of minimum research into who they're working with, or they've seen what happened and are prepared to go ahead anyway.

Did I miss the explanation of what happened to his face?
The injuries, or just generally?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
General comments on the above...I don't think he has the intellect to work out that owning children is morally and intellectually wrong.
I think he said hus bed rather than our bed because she works night shifts. I think this demonstrates a lack of intellect, though he does tend to present as a lone parent though that could be because she is unable to post on Instagram so they aren't publicly presenting as parents.
John Major became known as the grey man because of an apparent lack of charisma. Some similarities between them? Don't mention Edwina Curry and blue y fronts - my stomach couldn't withstand that image...

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Well done for contacting them and getting a response @Emmadale!

It's not a good look for the brands either way, is it? Either they aren't doing the absolute barest of minimum research into who they're working with, or they've seen what happened and are prepared to go ahead anyway.

The injuries, or just generally?
This is what I canā€™t understand! Like the brand I work for have tiers for influencer/partnership content with top tier being likeā€¦ game changers, A list super celebs whoā€™ll sell you out of stock and drag ur brand into the cultural zeitgeist / give them a moment then it goes to the superstar (classy) bloggers and YouTubers or models that arenā€™t at supermodel icon level but are of public interest, then itā€™s all downhill from there down to the huns with aff links and discount codesā€¦ But for a brand like Port whatever the Hoopers ARE their Kardashian Jenner grid post momentā€¦ and no oneā€™s googled them? No oneā€™s wondering why theyā€™re jumping at the chance for a safari in October? Set any performance metrics? Why heā€™s turned up looking like the living dead? No oneā€™s gone on to see what other brands theyā€™ve worked with & roughly what engagement is? Theyā€™re not wondering why theyā€™re only paying them 4 figures? Like come ON. Either youā€™re all thick as tit or itā€™s an easy get out of jail free card.

• Heart
Iā€™m convinced that these small brands are totally aware of the ODā€™s history but are far more interested in Slyā€™s follower count. Itā€™s easy to play the ā€œoh we didnā€™t knowā€ card AFTER heā€™s created content and itā€™s been posted. What baffles me though is that his engagement is shockingly low and itā€™s obvious a stupid amount of his followers are botsā€¦I donā€™t get whatā€™s actually in it for them (the brand). Iā€™d love to know how if Choc Lady made any money off of Sly.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
That's my feeling too @OhMyWord. He went a long time without any brand deals, but they started creeping back and none of the brands have suffered serious repercussions. Not even recently, when Clemmie has been actively involved in the deals.

Managing a small amount of pushback but no serious public outrage is a small price to pay if the partnership is otherwise profitable. Like you say though, who's actually being influenced? WHO is looking at Simon's grey and dusty head, or Clemmie's sour face, thinking "I MUST have that brand of chocolate"?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
WHO is looking at Simon's grey and dusty head, or Clemmie's sour face, thinking "I MUST have that brand of chocolate"?

Also - an ethical sustainable chocolate company (I assume?) that doesnā€™t look into who theyā€™re working with? Brings into question their credibility and their own supply chain if a simple Google eludes themā€¦?

I think itā€™s a combo of lots of things - the high follower count (ignoring that theyā€™re largely old inactive accounts, bots, or p*dophiles), the bargain basement rates, and the delusion that their audience is ABC1 (itā€™s C1/C2 at best) that make brands still willing to take a punt. Realistically a couple of grand is gonna get u diddly in terms of marketing FMCG, especially in Q4, so itā€™s worth the 5-10 emails they get off of people appalled šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

• Heart
They know for sure and to pretend otherwise is just insulting. They see 863k followers and a cheap rate and they're like let's go and too bad for the few ones not happy about it. Its a tit way of thinking and I don't think a good strategy overall.

Also - an ethical sustainable chocolate company (I assume?) that doesnā€™t look into who theyā€™re working with? Brings into question their credibility and their own supply chain if a simple Google eludes themā€¦?
I had a look at the Playin Choc website and indeed it has the full gamut of buzzwords.... sustainable, fairly sourced, bio-degradable, recycled, recyclable, compostable, carbon offset and more.

Shame their philosophy doesn't extend to avoiding working with one of the most wasteful, materialistic, environmentally-unaware, conspicuous consumer families you can possibly imagine.

Easy for these brands to talk the talk.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Iā€™m convinced that these small brands are totally aware of the ODā€™s history but are far more interested in Slyā€™s follower count. Itā€™s easy to play the ā€œoh we didnā€™t knowā€ card AFTER heā€™s created content and itā€™s been posted. What baffles me though is that his engagement is shockingly low and itā€™s obvious a stupid amount of his followers are botsā€¦I donā€™t get whatā€™s actually in it for them (the brand). Iā€™d love to know how if Choc Lady made any money off of Sly.
They are 100% aware! Anyone who works in social media knows the tit show around clemmie, itā€™s a pathetic excuse for these companies to say they didnā€™t know. They did, they donā€™t care

• Heart
Have a Google at who the communications director is for the aspinall foundation- I think that explains the incompetence re due diligence with influencers šŸ˜‚

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Haha. Other things on her mind perhaps?

His ads are so very very poor. Donā€™t brands look at previous effort (and engagement)? The Mark Warner stuff bombed. Poor content, and a lot of criticism in the comments. Itā€™s not great.

Interesting to think about the target market. My family is probably in the income bracket heā€™d like to aim at. Although the Mark Warner would be a stretch for us for what you get - we have cheaper holidays that offer similar but arenā€™t branded. But I see him as hopelessly naff. The worst kind of try-hard lifestyle. The house is dated and formulaic. The breathtaking amount of tone deaf privilege in every post. Random focus, exploiting his children the whole time, including their medical conditions. And dull, dull, dull.

The products heā€™s advertising arenā€™t particularly interesting. And all the reels of Clemmie wearing sack-like dresses in various locations are just mystifying.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.