Father of Daughters #53 DIY is easy when you're a right tool

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wasn’t it basically just a mother taking her child out after school but because they’re such desperate dicks it had to be labelled ‘love bombing.’ 🙄

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
Thread title suggestion!

FOD #54 Delivering basement content both literally and figuratively

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
The best thing about my childhood was spending time with my beloved father. My mother was frequently ill, and although he was very hard working he always had time for us. Our treats would have been ¼ of sweets on a Friday night, along with a comic. That was great, but random picnics on a Saturday with a packed lunch was wonderful too. It wasn't just because we didn't have the disposable income the Hoopers seem to have, and it wasn't just because we lived pre-digital lives, it was because that is how my parents chose to parent - show your children you love them by spending time with them unencumbered by 'things'.

@Axatogrind brilliant title suggestion. Bargain basement content at its best.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
it drives me mad, DLAM does it too by making it appear as if kids happily spend all weekend dancing at festivals. I used to review festivals for a family festival website so took my little one to quite a few when she was younger, you spend the whole weekend trapped with an overtired and overwhelmed kid in the kids area having fomo of all the drunk / stoned childless people actually having fun
I used to review festivals too when my two were younger and it’s HARD. Exhausting in fact. If there is a big group of you then you can work things out to make sure everyone gets to do/see what they want. When you are just rocking to a pre pitched tent, in hospitality with triple As and a fleet of nannies then it’s going to be a helluva lot easier.

2B09E889-B648-4C5A-8FD5-050E17591F87.jpeg
£40 an hour for a private nanny for up to 3 kids? Of course the nannies won’t be getting that, I expect the company cream off half of that. However I digress,I don’t see the point, I really don’t.
(I actually contacted them about working as a nanny for them but I didn’t have the right qualifications (despite being a qualified teacher and nursery nurse of over 20 years!)

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Ah no, I have linenbundle bedding and I really like it. I was thinking of ordering a new set because one of mine got stained but now I’m put off if they’re collabing with these two
Oh god I absolutely hate the linen bundle bedding I ordered. I thought it was really crappy quality and badly made especially for the price, so I won’t be needing Slys code. As an aside I have just got some Rise and Fall bedding and the quality is far far superior to LB and it’s cheaper! Here’s a £20 off code RX3ZV
#influencer

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Is he saving all his Bestival content up to post in one massive great lump?

Including one of his awful "how many still photos can I possibly cram into the time limit for one reel?" posts.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
I used to review festivals too when my two were younger and it’s HARD. Exhausting in fact. If there is a big group of you then you can work things out to make sure everyone gets to do/see what they want. When you are just rocking to a pre pitched tent, in hospitality with triple As and a fleet of nannies then it’s going to be a helluva lot easier.

View attachment 1459632£40 an hour for a private nanny for up to 3 kids? Of course the nannies won’t be getting that, I expect the company cream off half of that. However I digress,I don’t see the point, I really don’t.
(I actually contacted them about working as a nanny for them but I didn’t have the right qualifications (despite being a qualified teacher and nursery nurse of over 20 years!)
Idk if this is just because mine is still very young but I just can’t imagine a scenario where leaving them with a festival nanny they’ve never met before wouldn’t be distressing for them…? Like if they’re in a high needs stage eg toddlerhood you need to do settles to help them establish a bond with their primary caregiver and gently ease them into their new childcare setting. If they’re old enough to take to it like a duck to water then surely they’re so chill you don’t need a break from them for the festival anyway? Like who is this for? Surely there are just tons of distressed toddlers screaming for mummy/daddy? Sounds absolutely awful for all involved.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
The whole festival nanny thing just sounds utterly wanky to be honest.

It is like the ones who go on a family holiday, and dump their kids in what I class as a holiday camp creche on site.

Why go away with your childre if you're just going to pay someone else to look after them?

Sorry to anyone who does those things, but I just cannot understand the logic of going away with my children, and paying someone to entertain them. A family holiday/day out is about making memories together. Yes it is bleeping hard work, but the memories made outweigh the times I feel like throttling the little sods.

Reactions: 20
I think this might have been said at the time when we originally found out they were using festival nannies, but I found it concerning that the nannies were wearing bright orange t-shirts with "festival nanny" in large letters.

It points out very clearly that the children are separated from their parents or a familiar caregiver on the festival site and I just think that's not something everyone needs to know.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Is this Clemmie?

I don’t really follow the lives of MOD & FOD anymore, but saw someone post this with the insta tag of @clemmie_2020 ?

000D8722-5197-43E9-A87B-6203726E5B9E.png

Reactions: 6
Idk if this is just because mine is still very young but I just can’t imagine a scenario where leaving them with a festival nanny they’ve never met before wouldn’t be distressing for them…? Like if they’re in a high needs stage eg toddlerhood you need to do settles to help them establish a bond with their primary caregiver and gently ease them into their new childcare setting. If they’re old enough to take to it like a duck to water then surely they’re so chill you don’t need a break from them for the festival anyway? Like who is this for? Surely there are just tons of distressed toddlers screaming for mummy/daddy? Sounds absolutely awful for all involved.
Yes I agree. And looking on the CB website they have been FULLY BOOKED.
I just don’t get it.

Reactions: 4
You just know he’s there today editing content to tell everyone about their wacky sequin tastic bore fest at Bestival 🤮

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.