Father of Daughters #53 DIY is easy when you're a right tool

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread title curtesy of our Queen @Axatogrind

Brief summary of the last thread (in no particular order):

FOD did his charity cycle but was caught telling fibs about his race time - you have to include breaks Slymon.

Glen made several reappearances, including supporting her man during his cycle race.

Bragging about going to a Google event in London

A near miss with a tool that he happened to capture on camera.

An ad!!!! For wall art and another inclusion of Glen.

More garden reno chat - the slagging off of the ‘dusty pile of bricks’ extends to the garden also 🙄.

Shaming one of his children for ordering takeaways/refusing his cooking.

More excerpts from Clemmie’s tome on pregnancy/giving birth. Spoiler: it’s all awful so far.

Axa’s summary of ads so far this year:
FOD & HoH 2022 #ad #gifted #collab list

January:
  • Bigdug - flooring, storage racks and work benches (temporary solution), value £1,111.94
  • Oddbox - fruit & veg box (looks like large size), value £19.99
  • Mina and the Moon - 2x sweatshirts & 4x beanies (possibly more), value at least £140.00
  • Astonish Cleaners - oven & grill cleaner (gifted ages ago, finally used), value £3.00

February:
  • Compare the Market - financial service ad (presumably paid)
  • Spotty Otter - 2x blue fleece lined PU splashsuits (twins birthday gift), value £100.00
  • OTO - 10% CBD Sleep drops (30 day supply), value £69.00

March:
  • Nothing

April:
  • Dig Club - bespoke garden planting (Mediterranean style), estimated value £2,500+
  • Wattbike - Atom indoor bike trainer, value £1,999
  • Wattbike - Floor mat, cycling jersey and bib shorts, total value £159.98

May:
  • Affordable Art - ad featuring "Under One Sky" screenprint art by Emma Reynolds, estimated value £450

Link to wiki (soz it needs updating with some bits);

Please add anything that’s been missed below!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Brilliant, thank you for the new thread and summary @EddieBeds!

It was decided last time that thread title nominations/suggestions will be from page 40 onwards.

Glen = Clemmie just in case anyone's confused (it's an in-joke that started from a typo).

He's planting circa 200+ #gifted plants in the garden all around the radioactive fake grass and dubiously positioned sunken trampolie, turning the basement into some sort of stationary bike studio and as Eddie said, Clemmie's been inserting herself into the narrative getting a lot of airtime.

He was strangely quiet following the Google event, after hyping it up on his way there. Perhaps sulking that he didn't get an advance copy of the pixel watch.

The last thread ended with this comment from his latest grid post about the mammoth amount of waste his family generates, from the man who not long ago claimed to be making a conscious decision to reduce his impact on the environment.

Tip.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Made me sad seeing the staged pic of the twins at B&Q. I know they’re used to it but most kids are knackered when they come home from school so imagine being dragged to B&Q by your head of a dad so he can stage pics of you for content on instagram!

• Sad
Reactions: 21
That picture is very upsetting. The twin lying down is not happy. There is no way kids that age would get in this position randomly. So sad.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
He was strangely quiet following the Google event, after hyping it up on his way there. Perhaps sulking that he didn't get an advance copy of the pixel watch.
It is a free entry event through Eventbrite, that anyone could go to if they wanted. He was just hyping it up like he was invited directly, because he thinks he is a world famous Influencer 😂

I love how he tried to make out it was some huge event where attendees are handpicked or something. Knob

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
It is a free entry event through Eventbrite, that anyone could go to if they wanted. He was just hyping it up like he was invited directly, because he thinks he is a world famous Influencer 😂

I love how he tried to make out it was some huge event where attendees are handpicked or something. Knob
Bless him. It’s the closest he’ll get these days! Far from when they were aligned with the celebrity world. Wonder if Glen cringes every time she reads that?!

Reactions: 12

1EF0C054-270E-485C-9418-34A19CF93417.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Tragic.

Reactions: 10
For some reason, Ca'Pietra thought the Hoopers' "child-free master ensuite" was worth featuring a couple of days ago.

I've said it before but this is the worst feature in the whole house and garden for me for its poor design.

Also, you can have a separate bathroom from the children without constantly referring to it as "child-free".

ChildFree.jpg

Reactions: 12
For some reason, Ca'Pietra thought the Hoopers' "child-free master ensuite" was worth featuring a couple of days ago.

I've said it before but this is the worst feature in the whole house and garden for me for its poor design.

Also, you can have a separate bathroom from the children without constantly referring to it as "child-free".

View attachment 1287458
It looks so cluttered and tacky. The sinks are far too big for the room, and the mirrors and lights look ridiculous. Then the toilet squeezed in the corner. Everything just looks out of place.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
And you would smash your shins on that clunky unit under the sinks.
( coming out of lurking to say that this is the worst bathroom Reno I’ve ever seen…none of it works!)

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Thought I'd add the link to the full feature on the West One bathrooms site in case anyone's interested. I definitely agree about the pink unit and all those squared corners being a hazard. The steps down into the room always looked dangerous to me too (as well as being a jarring transition from wood to tile)

Also I've never heard the term "far-fetching views" before. I thought far-fetched meant unlikely or improbable. Do they mean far-reaching? Can one really appreciate the sea view from the bathtub? I thought they were quite a distance from the sea.

SeaView.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
The finish on that bathroom is terrible. I know they got a lot of discount and freebies, but I would be well peed off with this!

Screenshot_20220523-210814_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20220523-210823_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20220523-210849_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20220523-210940_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.