Fashion Mumblr #32 Labia pits, begging trips; Pufferfish lips and the Mansplainer twit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you are desperate for a Josie IPL update tonight is the night........ no thanks

Charlie's now regular cooking slot is in full swing and his eggy crumpets are swimming in fat

I don't know many people who have the time to conjure up such a breakfast in the week. Im assuming it wasn't shot on Sunday. They are a couple of unemployed twits

I hope the one pair of green slippers shes putting in her guest rental house are for the guest to take home - who would want to wear shoes someone else has worn?!

Also very sick of seeing amazon products...

Last edited:
Reactions: 15
I've just browsed through many 'The most beautiful/cozy/best cottages to rent in Cotswolds' articles online only to found out that there are, indeed, many adorable rental places full of character - and - that 99% of them are way more affordable than Strawtop, unless you want a manor house for a large party. As much as there is a market for everything, can't help wondering who are their guests, being wealthy enough to rent their property at those prices and not to do their homework in advance regarding what they can get for much less in that area.

Regarding endless shilling/flogging, I just fast forward through it, since I do realize it's her job, it's basically what it's all about - the rest is the way to 'ornate' the hard sale and to make it more digestible and 'natural' appearing, less gimmicky and professional SA moment for the audience. However, for someone who is die hard pro in sales/marketing, she could at least try to keep up with her recommendations - at least within same vlog. I might be wrong, but let's say, lipsticks that she shills are never the ones she reaches for when doing her 'spontaneous' make up chatting with camera. Just when you thought she finally realized how classy, lady of the manor, nude looks like - she appears with some plastic, cheap, tacky apricot/coral shade on her lips (manifesting summer in Ibiza). And that's just tip of the iceberg of her 'not so old money country lady' iceberg that she apparently aspires to achieve. Perhaps Charlie eventually purchases someone's old antique ancestors photos, so they can figure old money aesthetics. Until then, sausages are in strong lead.
I don’t know if it’s been mentioned before on here but Strawtop technically isn’t even in the cotswolds! Like many of the places she mentions 🙄

Reactions: 13
I do wish that brands would realise, nothing puts me off more than seeing an influencer paid to advertise it or paid adverts on YouTube/Instagram/etc.

It's the marketing version of throwing enough tit and hoping some of it sticks!
So many new brands are avoiding influencers for this very reason. It is just so formulaic now, once they all get to 10k followers the same brands pop up.

Reactions: 9
I heard that they asked to buy the 3rd house but the owner wouldnt sell.

They also asked to refill the neighbours pots with lavender just so they could take pictures.

It drives me mad like everyone else that she's getting all these freebies. I just dont understand who believes her recommendations she's never consistent with the brands she 'loves'.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
He might be an annoying know-it-all but she’s SO rude and condescending when she speaks to him that it’s hard not to feel sorry for him. Although he could just walk away…

Oh and she’s suddenly decided she’s going to donate flowers next year to local care homes etc…
Haha hi Josie! Nice to see you listen to us occasionally! Keep reading, we can teach you how to not be such a spoilt brat!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I've just browsed through many 'The most beautiful/cozy/best cottages to rent in Cotswolds' articles online only to found out that there are, indeed, many adorable rental places full of character - and - that 99% of them are way more affordable than Strawtop, unless you want a manor house for a large party. As much as there is a market for everything, can't help wondering who are their guests, being wealthy enough to rent their property at those prices and not to do their homework in advance regarding what they can get for much less in that area.

Regarding endless shilling/flogging, I just fast forward through it, since I do realize it's her job, it's basically what it's all about - the rest is the way to 'ornate' the hard sale and to make it more digestible and 'natural' appearing, less gimmicky and professional SA moment for the audience. However, for someone who is die hard pro in sales/marketing, she could at least try to keep up with her recommendations - at least within same vlog. I might be wrong, but let's say, lipsticks that she shills are never the ones she reaches for when doing her 'spontaneous' make up chatting with camera. Just when you thought she finally realized how classy, lady of the manor, nude looks like - she appears with some plastic, cheap, tacky apricot/coral shade on her lips (manifesting summer in Ibiza). And that's just tip of the iceberg of her 'not so old money country lady' iceberg that she apparently aspires to achieve. Perhaps Charlie eventually purchases someone's old antique ancestors photos, so they can figure old money aesthetics. Until then, sausages are in strong lead.
What’s especially annoying about her overpriced cottage is that it could be someone’s home - instead of sitting empty most of the year. Must be pretty galling for the people of that village.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
He might be an annoying know-it-all but she’s SO rude and condescending when she speaks to him that it’s hard not to feel sorry for him. Although he could just walk away…

Oh and she’s suddenly decided she’s going to donate flowers next year to local care homes etc…
Haha hi Josie! Nice to see you listen to us occasionally! Keep reading, we can teach you how to not be such a spoilt brat!
he needs to bide time until he can cash in on a divorce

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I imagine any of us on here (or in real life) would be absolutely over the moon to receive one of these "generously gifted" hampers or deliveries. I'd be thrilled to receive a free bouquet of flowers, or a free bottle of perfume, or even just a mascara, yet people like Josie receive hundreds if not thousands of pounds worth of products on a daily/weekly basis and seem to think this is normal and expected?! There is never any guilt, or thanks, or embarassment. It's just not appreciated and it annoys me that companies spend so much money on lavish PR gifts and events for these people.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

It’s interesting you see it that way, anytime I watch I think he’s the condescending one. Constantly interrupts her, corrects minor details that aren’t important, just seems to disagree for the sake of it. He’s a lazy bum who tried his hand at influencing but failed miserably so just mopes around the house in his gilet chatting about roast potatoes and moving antique furniture around that he didn’t even pay for

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I imagine any of us on here (or in real life) would be absolutely over the moon to receive one of these "generously gifted" hampers or deliveries. I'd be thrilled to receive a free bouquet of flowers, or a free bottle of perfume, or even just a mascara, yet people like Josie receive hundreds if not thousands of pounds worth of products on a daily/weekly basis and seem to think this is normal and expected?! There is never any guilt, or thanks, or embarassment. It's just not appreciated and it annoys me that companies spend so much money on lavish PR gifts and events for these people.

Now I know when she says that she has alot of emails to answer, she must spend hours every day emailing every company for free pr and businesses to sponsor and work with her. At this point her man Charlie just expects all this free stuff. Can't imagine what they will do when it stops coming in eventually. She's too busy for a wedding and kids because then she won't have time for all of this and they obviously live off the business and free pr she manages to snag.

Reactions: 8
I recently started to watch her vlogs, so I am not too familiar with her. but her partner Charlie is so cringe. Whenever he appears I feel awkward. Many times I skip the parts he appears. There is something about the way he speaks, is like he pretends to say something smart but speaks so fast and like super nervous. And Josie makes it even worse like a mom would do to a very nervous toodler, her voice sounds to me like "that's OK Charlie, you are doing OK. Just tell us what you have on that plait. Well done, darling." I don't know, their dynamic is super cringe.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
C523BFAF-66D3-47C3-838D-8513DC86C84F.jpeg

My darlings, look who I just ran into. And before you ask, yes she did randomly whip out her laptop at the spot the juices and smoothies normally are - bizarre

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
View attachment 1754800
My darlings, look who I just ran into. And before you ask, yes she did randomly whip out her laptop at the spot the juices and smoothies normally are - bizarre
Lovely bit of on the ground reporting !! well done 👏

How weird to get the laptop out there, I mean firstly I would wonder about sticky stuff it might pick up being next to all the juices and secondly it doesn't take that long for them to make one up

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I don't know how it works with everyone else but if my hubby and I purchase something for the home..IE cushions or lampshades we discuss and choose together so I would definitely know where they come from. Latest flog Jodie says more than once 'oh Charlie got these I'm not sure where they are from' how is that normal? Also ...I use the Aurelia skin care and there's 40% off site wide ATM so Def no need to use Josie's code. Neal's yard are also 40% off which is better than the 30% off she says is good on Amazon

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.