Fashion Mumblr #32 Labia pits, begging trips; Pufferfish lips and the Mansplainer twit

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pffffttt....well, that's the last time I ever go shopping in Harvey Nicks :mad:

Screenshot 2022-11-21 at 16.31.39.png

Fancy sending that arrogant, smug, supercilious, conceited, condescending, pompous prat all those freebie high end goodies when so many will be struggling this Christmas. Disgusting!

Yes JoHo...this is just how I feel about YOU!

Screenshot 2022-11-21 at 16.23.52.png
Screenshot 2022-11-21 at 16.23.36.png

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Pffffttt....well, that's the last time I ever go shopping in Harvey Nicks :mad:

View attachment 1749139

Fancy sending that arrogant, smug, supercilious, conceited, condescending, pompous prat all those freebie high end goodies when so many will be struggling this Christmas. Disgusting!

Yes JoHo...this is just how I feel about YOU!

View attachment 1749154View attachment 1749155
You are so right. I wonder if it would not have been better PR for HN to have given to employees or staff/patients at the Brompton or C+W, their local hospitals … or maybe the foodbank!!! I’m going to tweet them!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
You are so right. I wonder if it would not have been better PR for HN to have given to employees or staff/patients at the Brompton or C+W, their local hospitals … or maybe the foodbank!!! I’m going to tweet them!
It's bewildering that companies are still sending freebies to these influencers who have a more engaged following on tattle than they do in real life. Why aren't stores, beauty companies, fashion brands, etc reading the room? Not only has the economic climate changed, no one likes to see these floggers ungratefully receive gift after gift, selling product on and making an unethical profit when they can. I can't believe companies haven't noticed a drop off in their sales, as regular people steer clear of the brands.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
It's bewildering that companies are still sending freebies to these influencers who have a more engaged following on tattle than they do in real life. Why aren't stores, beauty companies, fashion brands, etc reading the room? Not only has the economic climate changed, no one likes to see these floggers ungratefully receive gift after gift, selling product on and making an unethical profit when they can. I can't believe companies haven't noticed a drop off in their sales, as regular people steer clear of the brands.
I'd say finally, but I just see so many women still buying everything left and right that these influencers are selling. Not to be rude, but if you believe whatever Josie is spewing about her 13th favorite day cream of the week, you're an idiot.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I thought they were going to Nashville at the end of November?

Ok. So I watched/skimmed a little bit more of the vlog. Apparently she's was feeling jittery about being upstairs alone and was thinking that a zombie was about to pounce on her. Fear not, it was only Charlie prowling around the rafters. Although, that would terrify me.😱😂
Then she finishes her vlog wearing the led mask. Equally terrifying for her viewers😂

Edit my previous post, she's still talking about going to Nashville during the sacred time of Vlogmas.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Always showing off her freebies must have had about £400 in one day she i so vulgar.
It's even worse.
I'm using most of the same products and the perfumes alone comes up to 600 euros. The ceramide cream retails for 70 euros, the tubs of small capsules are between 35 and 70 euros (and im pretty sure that's the prices in sale). All in all, it's probably closer to a 1000€ in that little basket.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Ok don’t shoot me. But I’m tempted to buy the green flash nail stuff as I think I’d save money on having gel nails? Usually pay £25 a time and they chip and break so easily as I have kids and constantly faffing around . Anyone recommend?

Reactions: 6
I've just browsed through many 'The most beautiful/cozy/best cottages to rent in Cotswolds' articles online only to found out that there are, indeed, many adorable rental places full of character - and - that 99% of them are way more affordable than Strawtop, unless you want a manor house for a large party. As much as there is a market for everything, can't help wondering who are their guests, being wealthy enough to rent their property at those prices and not to do their homework in advance regarding what they can get for much less in that area.

Regarding endless shilling/flogging, I just fast forward through it, since I do realize it's her job, it's basically what it's all about - the rest is the way to 'ornate' the hard sale and to make it more digestible and 'natural' appearing, less gimmicky and professional SA moment for the audience. However, for someone who is die hard pro in sales/marketing, she could at least try to keep up with her recommendations - at least within same vlog. I might be wrong, but let's say, lipsticks that she shills are never the ones she reaches for when doing her 'spontaneous' make up chatting with camera. Just when you thought she finally realized how classy, lady of the manor, nude looks like - she appears with some plastic, cheap, tacky apricot/coral shade on her lips (manifesting summer in Ibiza). And that's just tip of the iceberg of her 'not so old money country lady' iceberg that she apparently aspires to achieve. Perhaps Charlie eventually purchases someone's old antique ancestors photos, so they can figure old money aesthetics. Until then, sausages are in strong lead.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Ok don’t shoot me. But I’m tempted to buy the green flash nail stuff as I think I’d save money on having gel nails? Usually pay £25 a time and they chip and break so easily as I have kids and constantly faffing around . Anyone recommend?
Just don't use her Aff Link please. :cool:

Reactions: 10
A bit off topic : I was watching the latest Audrey Coyne video. She's promoting Lily Silk. There were a few comments about ppl being fed up with everybody promoting the same brands. Also Monika Vinader and the swedish(?) watch brand was mentioned. I follow a few Chinese influencers and they as well are promoting the same brands. Personally, it totally puts me off trying them.

A bit off topic : I was watching the latest Audrey Coyne video. She's promoting Lily Silk. There were a few comments about ppl being fed up with everybody promoting the same brands. Also Monika Vinader and the swedish(?) watch brand was mentioned. I follow a few Chinese influencers and they as well are promoting the same brands. Personally, it totally puts me off trying them.
Idyll jewellery, Ana Luisa as well

Reactions: 7
I do laugh when they all complain about how busy they do be at this time of year from black Friday to Christmas. They basically get sent loads of free gifts of luxury food and products for nothing. They just have to video themselves talking all day every day. Isn't this was influceners do? They love the sound of their own voices. They get paid thousands by brands to sell the freebies that they get and then get bonus freebies from the like of Harvey Niks who send stuff to peoples whose houses are already full of food and expensive drinks. It is truly maddening. My mother always said money follows money. It is a true fact. Her excessive drooling is disgusting and greedy.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I do wish that brands would realise, nothing puts me off more than seeing an influencer paid to advertise it or paid adverts on YouTube/Instagram/etc.

It's the marketing version of throwing enough tit and hoping some of it sticks!

I agree the whole "I am sooooo busy because it's Black Friday" is an absolute joke. Yes, I get that it's their busiest time for flogging stuff and showing off all their freebies, but they are just not in the real world. Being properly busy is getting up at the crack of dawn and commuting on a packed train or bus, spending all day at work (an actual job) and then commuting back home, sorting something out for dinner, maybe watching a bit of telly, and going to bed. These people are SO very busy, yet still have time to go shopping, go for manicures, do their hair, put a full face of make up on every day, cook for friends, go to influencer events. Not saying any of those things are bad/wrong per se, but don't try and pretend you have stressful lives because you can't keep up with all the free stuff you get sent at this time of year.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I honestly think influencers have zero self awareness. I would imagine it’s hard work starting a ‘career’ in influencing, when you’re writing your own blog, taking your own pics, dealing with all email, editing your own content etc. But when you’re at the level of Josie, Lydia etc and you pay for an editor, photographer, admin assistant, to say they’re busy and stressed is a joke!!!
They literally unbox, sell, film themselves doing regular stuff we’d all do at the weekends.

They seem to forget that when they say ‘happy Wednesday everyone, it’s 2 pm now and I’ve done a Pilates class, had my nails done, done a bit of shopping at Daylesford, come back, picked some blooms, and just reapplied my make up ready for a meal tonight ‘ most people have been up since 6am actually working!!

The nerve to call this hard work or to post videos saying how well deserved their holidays are, just grinds me. I’d have more respect for them if they were honest and said ‘I earn more so employ people to do the majority of my job and I’m lucky enough to have lots of spare time, lots of freebies and lots of free holidays, so making the most of it while it lasts’

• Heart
Reactions: 27
The cushions in todays flog charlies cushions were RRP £70 not sure how a man with no job affords such things.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
Oh lord, ofcourse she bought the ‘Cyder’ because it was the upperclass version. Because doesn’t she fancy herself being near royalty. Imagine being so pretentious!

Btw, the lips were all over the place in this vlog.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.