Fashion Mumblr #19 pelton along the way

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They have been staying at the new house for 10 months and there is not a a single room in the house that looks finished except possibly the kitchen but that was ready from the start. They have done bits in every room but never completed any of them. Even their bedroom looks like they just thrown the gold furniture in there. No coffee or side tables, no suitable carpets, no personal touches, like photos or paintings, no table lamps or other decorative items... they put small furniture in large rooms and huge furniture in small rooms. They place the gifted flowers in the fireplaces (is that really a trend in the UK?) and not on the tables. On top of all that they still haven't completely unpacked the stuff they brought with them form the old house and the mess continues to grow by the day. 🙄
I can't speak for everyone in the UK but I wouldn't put flowers in a fireplace, not during the colder months when the fires are lit.
I live in a listed house with open fires and flowers would shrivel up in no time.
But there again she doesn't have to pay for them so she won't be bothered I suppose.

Reactions: 15
I can't speak for everyone in the UK but I wouldn't put flowers in a fireplace, not during the colder months when the fires are lit.
I live in a listed house with open fires and flowers would shrivel up in no time.
But there again she doesn't have to pay for them so she won't be bothered I suppose.
I have seen people placing a tray with white candles of various sizes inside open fireplaces, that have never been used but never before vases with flowers 😳 . Josie was the first one I saw doing that 🤔 that's why I wondered if she followed a trend I haven't heard before. She seems to place vases with dried flowers near the stoves too, and I find that a bit dangerous because if they ever forget to remove them when the fire is lit, they may become a fire hazard.

Reactions: 13
I introduced my mum to Josie about two years ago and we used to watch some of her vids together when I would visit. But my mum isn't a big YouTube user so she kinda forgot about her and hadn't watched her since. This week, I sent my mum a link to Josie's newer vlogs (era of AONB) and she was completely shocked! She said she looked pale, tired, extremely stressed and significantly older. She also said, and I now I can't unsee this, that she looks on the absolute verge of tears the entire time....and it's true! Looking at her eyes, she looks right on the edge of just breaking down into floods of tears all of the time. I also feel that could be some of the swallowing and gulping that she does (teeth aside!)...just trying to hold it together for the camera.....
Very mixed feelings reading your very insightful and perceptive comment. Unfortunately I have little sympathy for her. She lives in probably the safest country in the world, has a following that enables her to earn far above an average Medical Consultant’s annual wages according to a screenshot that somebody showed from Companies House, a public website. She has every opportunity to do what she wishes whenever she wants or thinks she is entitled to. My sympathies do not go to her, they go to those suffering the first Christmas or other festivity without their child, mother, father, other relatives that have been a victim of domestic abuse through lockdown or by Covid itself not with a spoilt little Millennial who doesn’t give two fucks about anything or anybody unless it satisfies her and her needs demonstrated continually on her vlogs. Harsh I am but she’s demonstrated throughout the pandemic how inconvenient it has been for her business, for her travel plans, her wedding plans, her this, her that her her her. If she’s truly on the verge of tears stress then she needs to grow up and gain some much needed perspective but age usually does that she has a lot to learn about life. Never too late to change or to understand how lucky one is better yet give back to the community not through giveaways. She just constantly proves that money does not buy class, taste or happiness. Charles however dim as he is has proven to be better than he use to look on her videos. His passion for gardening is charming actually. If you are right then it proves my point and if she is a sad unhappy person then only she can change that. I wish her well on that, I’m not a heartless person. She only has herself to blame if it’s for superficial reasons but never too late to make things better and she is in a much better situation in terms of enabling to do that than most let’s not forget that ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I have seen people placing a tray with white candles of various sizes inside open fireplaces, that have never been used but never before vases with flowers 😳 . Josie was the first one I saw doing that 🤔 that's why I wondered if she followed a trend I haven't heard before. She seems to place vases with dried flowers near the stoves too, and I find that a bit dangerous because if they ever forget to remove them when the fire is lit, they may become a fire hazard.
they are gonna set that house on fire due to their ignorance and stupidity one of these days but don’t worry darlings, it’s all for the Gram 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Avatar coming in hot! She can’t even apply lipstick like a normal person lol.
AB79FCD6-5E3E-4FD4-970D-E5FD05A73E14.png

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I worried about that wooden coffee table that they placed right in front of the fireplace even tho they were unsure about keeping it!

Okay, something else that's been bugging me even though its petty and I don't even like coffee, but she goes on about wanting to make Starbucks style coffee but then she made that...cinnamon frothy mess she couldn't even drink like a normal person. Does she not know that coffee places use flavored syrups in the coffee? You can sprinkle cinnamon on top later but thats not how they make the drinks!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Okay, something else that's been bugging me even though its petty
There are lots of things that bug me that might seem petty.
She consumes far too much caffeine and cheese and then complains about migraines 🥴
and
When Charlie says "truth be told" 40 times in a sentence... a sure sign he's totally insincere imo 🤥

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
There are lots of things that bug me that might seem petty.
She consumes far too much caffeine and cheese and then complains about migraines 🥴
and
When Charlie says "truth be told" 40 times in a sentence... a sure sign he's totally insincere imo 🤥
And when either of them say 'epic' you can be sure it's about something really bland and boring that they have been paid to ram down our throats!

• Haha
  • Heart
I worried about that wooden coffee table that they placed right in front of the fireplace even tho they were unsure about keeping it!
After Charlie has stained it, when it's warped with the heat of the fire and after the seasonal festivities (their many guests have to have somewhere to rest their drinks/feet/dance during Crimbo) Chibby can list it on ebay for twice the price 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
Oh don’t get me started in the tiny rugs, out of scale pieces and furniture placement

A0F16D40-10E7-4EB6-AF87-9AA234C6BE7B.png
163D655D-E05F-43EF-BD45-44BF2D0FCA38.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Oh no another thread title has just popped into my head 🤦‍♀️

Truth be told you're a liar, liar and your mince pie is on fire.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
FYI heads up - as we get closer to 50 pages - unless someone else wants to volunteer to make the next section (fine by me) - than please tell me what you want me to name the next section (when we get to 50 pages) - or like this section I will just come up with some name.
This suggestion by Stella Artois
Screenshot_20201216-165914.png
has the most votes so far (I searched most liked posts until I came to a suggestion in the correct format).
Start new thread, thanking the person who suggested it, post link to new thread at end of old thread and report post to mods, asking them to close old thread.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I never put flowers near the fires.
I would certainly never put dried flowers but then I never have dried flowers or silk flowers in the house because as I live in such an old house it is prone to dust (and soot from the fires) and I have mentioned my lack of housekeeping skills already today.

I have a fireplace in every room except the kitchen but only light 2.
I keep plants and church candles in mine.
I currently have evergreen and holly displays in them and actually light the candles.

Oh my daughter stole an idea from a friend. She half filled the one in her bedroom with logs and then intertwined fairy lights through the logs. It is actually very effective.
Josie could have done that in the Ho. Ho. bedroom instead of covering the fireplace with a great big feck off bed.

• Heart
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.