Faces By Grace #43 Trip after trip, one after another. You’d be forgiven for thinking she wasn’t a mother.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve spent all this weekend in bed having me time - because I’m smothered with a fecking flu (negative for the covid thank God as I’m due a baby next week by section) and my husband has taken on the lion’s share of parenting because I physically wasn’t able. Worse than feeling so ill at this stage of my pregnancy is the guilt of not spending time with my little boy when this time next week he will likely have a sibling he didn’t ask for 😭 and will hate me! I can’t understand how she enjoys being away from her gorgeous children. I dragged myself out of bed today to have his lunch made and colour some pictures with him even though I had to go and lie down again after an hour. She doesn’t deserve to be called a mother.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
I have no kids.
I think Grace is an eejit.
But there are some Mammys in here that sure like to make themselves sound like a martyr and that their life is only worthy because of their kids.
Again I've no kids, should I have kids some day I would hate to have nothing outside of them, be unfair to me and to them.
Let the hate roll in!

• Heart
Reactions: 75
I have no kids.
But there are some Mammys in here that sure like to make themselves sound like a martyr and that their life is only worthy because of their kids.
Again I've no kids, should I have kids some day I would hate to have nothing outside of them, be unfair to me and to them.
Let the hate roll in!
I was thinking this exact same thing !!

Reactions: 8
I have no kids.
Let the hate roll in!
I agree
There has and always will be the martyr mums. My sister in law is one 🙄 there aren’t enough eye roll emojis for them lol

I love to see parents retain a sense of self. Have a life. Nothing wrong with being out and seeing friends, having hobbies
That being said I’ve never know anyone to have as much time away from their family as grace and it makes for pretty sad viewing.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Absolutely no hate directed at you for that. However it is very easy to have that opinion when you don't have kids. I did too. We aren't trying to be martyrs..it's just the reality of our lives. It's very difficult to have a life outside of kids when they are young so please don't have children thinking you will because you will have resentment. It's easy to do a few things if you have an army of help which a lot here don't have.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Not one other person in the group ahead has their phone out. Imagine this bell end recording it all behind you like a tourist. Fook off!
Yes that whole video didn't see one other phone. Everyone chatting and looking around. 🙄

Reactions: 2
I have no kids.
Let the hate roll in!
Can’t agree with this enough. The martyrs on this kill me. I read the posts rolling my eyes most of the time. I doubt if even half of it is true to be honest. It’s so important to keep some life for yourself and as a couple. Children grow fast and get their own lives. A healthy balance is fine. This thread would have you wondering if you should have a child attached to each boob & leg 24/7 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 27
If you are separated from your kids most of the week, either due to work (like myself) or by choice (like Grace) then scheduling “me time” all weekend is just plain selfish. You can think that you’re entitled to do your own thing all you want, and of course you are, but if you’re doing it during the only time available to spend with your young kids then that’s not something to be proud of in my opinion as a parent. Young children deserve your attention and don’t understand mom needing me time when they have been in crèche or school or whatever all week. If you choose to have kids you’re signing up for that in my opinion and you should reassess having kids if you think that makes someone a martyr. It’s just real life for most parents. I honestly don’t know a single parent who actually wants that much time away from their kids in the first place, it’s mind boggling.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
I have no kids.
Let the hate roll in!
Nail on the head there. There are also a lot with crappy partners that don't pull their weight too.

Reactions: 18
I have no kids.
Let the hate roll in!
No hate at all. I’m a mother to be in a few weeks and I don’t want to give up my entire existence and identity when I become a mother. I’m hoping that my husband and I will be achieve some kind of balance where we can see friends and maintain interests child free at least some of the time. In Irish society emotional labour and household tasks were nearly the exclusive domain of the woman up until recently and that absolutely should change and be more even and fair between men&women, fathers&mothers.
I think the issue highlighted on here is that Grace seems to, or at least appears on social media to, avoid parenting responsibilities regularly. Let’s face it maintaining a house and having children involves a lot of mundane tasks (along with lots of fun&love too!) and she does appear to be absolutely allergic to doing them. I think the issue is balance and grace appears to have significant interest in pursuing her own interests and often appears disinterested&impatient with anything else. Not to speak for anyone on here but I’m sure most people would agree that some me time is absolutely needed and fair- it’s the extent to which she seems to portray that as most important and valuable to her that grates or at the very least it’s how she comes across- maybe it’s not the case in RL but it’s how it looks on her SM.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I’ve got two kids 4yr old and a 4 month old. I’m currently on maternity leave from work so I spend a lot of time with my kids but don’t get me wrong I am no martyr. I would up and leave at the mere thought of a few hours hiking alone in the woods with nobody bothering me. I think the thing that gets on most people’s wick with grace is that she uses the kids as content as and when it suits her. We had the whole bringing sienna to ballet and birthday parties on Saturday followed by a whole day where she’s been Mia. The fact that one child is in school 5 days a week and the other is in crèche however many days means grace has plenty of free time during the week, she’s most definitely not flat out stuck to her computer working on edits etc how many free facials and treatments has she had that she can easily find time for during the week when she’s so kindly invited out to them!Then when it comes to the weekend she’s off at 7am hiking in the woods when you’d be pretty much sure both kids are waking up. I love my kids to death but I’ll take me time whenever i can get it.however I have never seen a mother of two young kids have so much time to themselves. She is in no way relatable to those she’s hawking herself out to.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I cannot stand martyr mothers. But surely, surely anyone can see that she’s running from parenthood like Usain Bolt?
I have no idea why her youngest is in full time crèche and why she schedules her me-time for when both kids are actually at home.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
I have no kids.
Let the hate roll in!
I actually don't think there are many martyr Mammys on here. Just people that have the common opinion in thinking that Grace's style of "parenting" is an absolute disgust.
I posted earlier about it (I'm sure my post is one you're referring to) but I am by no means a martyr. I have lots of coffee dates with friends, lots of one on one time with my husband, my family. Lots of nights out. But I still love the weekends as family time. I am 110% present in every aspect of my kids lives and sometimes it is a struggle as I own my own business and it takes a lot of my time. But This one??! she is a disgrace of a mother. She lives a single person's life with her kids as the part time option. That absolutely should not be the way!!

Absolutely no hate 😉 I think people are just disgusted with Grace. This week has taken it to an even lower low!!

• Heart
Reactions: 37
No hate at all. I’m a mother to be in a few weeks and I don’t want to give up my entire existence and identity when I become a mother. I’m hoping that my husband and I will be achieve some kind of balance where we can see friends and maintain interests child free at least some of the time. In Irish society emotional labour and household tasks were nearly the exclusive domain of the woman up until recently and that absolutely should change and be more even and fair between men&women, fathers&mothers.
I think the issue highlighted on here is that Grace seems to, or at least appears on social media to, avoid parenting responsibilities regularly. Let’s face it maintaining a house and having children involves a lot of mundane tasks (along with lots of fun&love too!) and she does appear to be absolutely allergic to doing them. I think the issue is balance and grace appears to have significant interest in pursuing her own interests and often appears disinterested&impatient with anything else. Not to speak for anyone on here but I’m sure most people would agree that some me time is absolutely needed and fair- it’s the extent to which she seems to portray that as most important and valuable to her that grates or at the very least it’s how she comes across- maybe it’s not the case in RL but it’s how it looks on her SM.
Brilliantly said 😘😘

Reactions: 4
I actually don't think there are many martyr Mammys on here. Just people that have the common opinion in thinking that Grace's style of "parenting" is an absolute disgust.
I posted earlier about it (I'm sure my post is one you're referring to) but I am by no means a martyr. I have lots of coffee dates with friends, lots of one on one time with my husband, my family. Lots of nights out. But I still love the weekends as family time. I am 110% present in every aspect of my kids lives and sometimes it is a struggle as I own my own business and it takes a lot of my time. But This one??! she is a disgrace of a mother. She lives a single person's life with her kids as the part time option. That absolutely should not be the way!!

Absolutely no hate 😉 I think people are just disgusted with Grace. This week has taken it to an even lower low!!
If I specifically meant you, I would have specifically quoted you.
😉

Agree, no martyr mother just bloody frustrated mothers looking at her carry on.
Tbh the comment about martyr mothers pissed me off, it is hard for me to get out alone because my partner seems to think minding the kids is doing a favour for me (yes yes that's prob as much my fault as his letting that continue but in the real world you pick your battles). Not being a martyr complaining, that's reality. All on for "retaining your identity" when you become a mother but no one can describe how flippin hard that is with a house and kids to keep running until you are in the thick of it.
Mothers, moan all you like.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I cannot stand martyr mothers. But surely, surely anyone can see that she’s running from parenthood like Usain Bolt?
I have no idea why her youngest is in full time crèche and why she schedules her me-time for when both kids are actually at home.
I'd say even stevie wonder can see it 😎

• Haha
Reactions: 5
It looks like she didn’t bother to give it a wash after her hike this morning just scraped it back into a pony tail. Looking at the photos from the shower it’s as if she was once a part of the gang and has just drifted away from them now. She no longer fits in and in my opinion looks so awkward and out of place trying to be part of the gang. The rest are all so perfectly polished and then she arrives fresh off a mountain.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.