F1 Chatter #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
some treats here including an adorable photo of seb but also a whole montage of carlando. daniel, giving the people what we want. even though what the people (me) want is photos of charles only.

speaking of, my poor dramatic unappreciated bb boi i’m going to get you outta there

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
some treats here including an adorable photo of seb but also a whole montage of carlando. daniel, giving the people what we want. even though what the people (me) want is photos of charles only.

I would like more photos of Lando especially with how he looked this morning.
But more of Charles too please Daniel

Reactions: 4

speaking of, my poor dramatic unappreciated bb boi i’m going to get you outta there

Carlos looks like a serial killer that just choose his next victim 😂😂

Screenshot_20221112-001405_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Just caught up with Quali! Found out by accident Kevin was pole but didn’t know why. So Ferrari f*** up again 🙄. Love angry Charles at his interview. Never seen him like that. Carlos very gracious in his interview.

Need to rush home tomorrow to watch the sprint race. My daughter starts her first part time job tomorrow & finishes at 6. Coverage starts at 630 here.

Reactions: 8
Just caught up with Quali! Found out by accident Kevin was pole but didn’t know why. So Ferrari f*** up again 🙄. Love angry Charles at his interview. Never seen him like that. Carlos very gracious in his interview.

Need to rush home tomorrow to watch the sprint race. My daughter starts her first part time job tomorrow & finishes at 6. Coverage starts at 630 here.
Same here. I knew Kevin got pole and didn't know why. Probably wouldn't have watched qualifying without knowing that though. Was so exciting to see him on pole and the absolute joy from the team. I can't remember if the person who knows someone in Haas is on this thread, but knowing how much work these teams put into each race and then seeing that pole was uplifting.

I guess the sprint race must be at 2pm here. I probably won't get to see it live, but will probably watch it later. Same for the actual race. Too many plans interfering with F1 when it's not on early in the morning like it usually is here for a lot of the races.

Carlos looks like a serial killer that just choose his next victim 😂😂

View attachment 1723543
I scrolled through Daniel's photos and totally missed Carlos's face 😂😂

Wow! What a quali. I’ve had a very excited friend screaming down the phone at me 😂 so happy for Haas this means the world to the team that is the smallest on the grid doesn’t matter what happens tomorrow 😂
I justed posted without reading back through the thread. What an amazing experience for you friend after all their hard work.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Don’t know if we’re doing paddock outfits but here’s mine. Too busy to go to Quali today 🤣so just Saturday & Sunday. Layering up this weekend with rain expected & more casual look.
C33FB288-6BDB-431E-B037-74DA6D4D9BCC.jpeg
Comfy converse, all black with a chambray shirt
BE7CA707-A239-4F9D-AD04-C269AEBD761B.jpeg
Bit of colour today.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Screenshot_20221112-055348.png

Lando in this interview, with his head tilted like this, the curls, the lighting, the doe eyes. duck he was adorable! 🥰😍🥰😍

• Heart
  • Haha
Screenshot_20221112-072311.png

The tiniest hint of bulge is not enough Kevin. Speak to Lewis, get some tips. Or even Mick, he knows what he's doing.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Woken up in a great mood after yesterday's quali....love how happy everyone is for him. Checo was the first person to post on K Mags insta too. Wholesome stuff Haas. Party at my best mates tonight but luckily her old man is a F1 fan too so we're planning on sneaking off to watch the sprint. Was feeling a bit despondent that Max would take it at the start but then remembered torpedo Russell is in P3. Do your stuff George!

• Heart
  • Haha
can only second jellybeans - do your stuff george! seeing everyone post such love for kevin is so nice though, i don’t think i’ve such such a reaction to a pole sitter since lando maybe. spent most of the hungover morning watching videos of haas.

and meanwhile, in sharl news, i love that he still copies seb’s notebook. though it’s probably full of angsty poetry right now.

• Haha
  • Heart
can only second jellybeans - do your stuff george! seeing everyone post such love for kevin is so nice though, i don’t think i’ve such such a reaction to a pole sitter since lando maybe. spent most of the hungover morning watching videos of haas.

and meanwhile, in sharl news, i love that he still copies seb’s notebook. though it’s probably full of angsty poetry right now.

Is he just writing ‘I hate Ferrari’ over and over again 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Is he just writing ‘I hate Ferrari’ over and over again 😂
i certainly would be! 🤣

Dear Diary, When will I, Charles, the main character and the light of everyone’s lives, escape this cherry red prison where I am unappreciated and no one listens to me. How often can I flash my dimples before Toto agrees to take me at Mercedes? How many skin tight t-shirts can I wear? (Pierre says it’s never too many). #freeme. i hate ferrari x1000. Love Charles, xoxo

• Haha
Reactions: 16
So I didn't watch much of the mid-late 2010s (didnt have sky f1 etc- wish I'd persisted as I am hooked again now since 2020) but now I understand why Seb became like he did, and seeing it happen to Charles it very sad.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
So I didn't watch much of the mid-late 2010s (didnt have sky f1 etc- wish I'd persisted as I am hooked again now since 2020) but now I understand why Seb became like he did, and seeing it happen to Charles it very sad.
Ferrari, where a young man’s dreams (and good strategies) go to die 🥲

• Sad
Reactions: 7
the 2019 season (as a seb fan) still fills me with indescribable rage. he should have five wdcs and i will never forgive! but, i think i said in another thread, i do think charles kinda believed that wouldn’t happen to him because ferrari pursued him for so long, he’s il predestinato and all that, i think he thought it would be different. seeing him slowly realise that no, they really are just incompetent is sad.

• Sad
  • Heart
Popping out of lurking to add my two pence!
I think Charles has only known Ferrari and is grateful to them for the chance so he defers to them. No driver is bigger than the team. It was shown up yesterday when he was out on the inters. Presumably they also told Carlos rain was on the way but because he has been in other teams he is more confident in himself to push back and say no I want slicks.
Charles is now starting to realise he needs to manage it all from the car for himself (like Seb) but his confidence is shot with everything that has happened this year. The confidence of the his side of the garage is also shot and they find themselves unable to make a decision.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

i certainly would be! 🤣

Dear Diary, When will I, Charles, the main character and the light of everyone’s lives, escape this cherry red prison where I am unappreciated and no one listens to me. How often can I flash my dimples before Toto agrees to take me at Mercedes? How many skin tight t-shirts can I wear? (Pierre says it’s never too many). #freeme. i hate ferrari x1000. Love Charles, xoxo
We have four months to plot a way out for him :unsure: let’s get to work

I think Charles has only known Ferrari and is grateful to them for the chance so he defers to them. No driver is bigger than the team. It was shown up yesterday when he was out on the inters. Presumably they also told Carlos rain was on the way but because he has been in other teams he is more confident in himself to push back and say no I want slicks.
Charles is now starting to realise he needs to manage it all from the car for himself (like Seb) but his confidence is shot with everything that has happened this year. The confidence of the his side of the garage is also shot and they find themselves unable to make a decision.
welcome♥ couldn’t agree more, the only good thing that can come out of this year for him is becoming more assertive with the team, kinda like carlos. He needs to have a really good winter break and hopefully come back next year with a completely clean slate. I hope they don’t Seb him this early in his career :(

• Heart
Reactions: 7
absolutely agree.

the times where you would hear seb basically doing maths while driving to work out how close other drivers were etc were painful, and i think charles has had a wake up call this season in terms of managing his own race. like you say, it’s hard when you’ve only known one team, and also when that one team has been held up as the dream for you since you were a kid, that they’ve made it clear that they’ve always wanted you etc and then it just starts going like this.

the contrast between him and carlos is interesting, exactly like you say. carlos has a different level of assertiveness from differing teams, being the second driver, being at red bull even - he definitely feels able to push back more.

i think the break will do charles (and his team) good but i also think he’s had a sharp and brutal shock this year. how he comes back from it, and how he reacts, is going to be interesting.

(i’ve always said i want to see him on another team. i think he would thrive. but will he ever do it)

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.