F1 Chatter #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Objectively, whether you're a Lewis fan, Max fan, neutral. Both drivers went into Abu Dhabi deserving to win the title because it neck and neck and basically winner takes all.

If safety car restart procedure was followed the way it normally has gone, either the safety car would've come in a lap later and Max wouldn't have had chance to overtake, or the safety car wouldn't have let any lapped cars past and it's likely Max wouldn't have been able to clear the lapped cars in time to have a go at Lewis.

Because the race director followed his own ideas rather than precedent for procedure it manipulated the restart, to create entertainment, but also swung things heavily into Max's favour.

That's just objectively factual based on what happened. Both drivers deserved to win the title, but it would've been better if it wasn't artificially manipulated by the race director to create entertainment by changing the rules last minute. It will taint Max's first title, but it isn't as if he didn't deserve to win on merit, because of how close it had been all season.

Max fans who can't recognise that max was helped, however unintentionally or whatever, need to check themselves.

Red Bull need to get over themselves, spitting their dummies out at Sky for Ted's comment is tragic and embarrassing.

And Ted is just batshit and can't be tamed!

The whole polarisation of fan bases in the last few years is damaging for the sport, we don't need boos, we don't need fake hate etc.

Let's just go racing!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Hi! I only scanned last pages cause I am laying down with the throat that I feel is on fire, I do not remember such throat ache since childhood I guess, I cannot even drink, so my energy and perception levels are a bit affected 😂
But I bring cleansing fluff

1667130531185.jpeg

I hope noone goes away from here ;)

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Objectively, whether you're a Lewis fan, Max fan, neutral. Both drivers went into Abu Dhabi deserving to win the title because it neck and neck and basically winner takes all.

If safety car restart procedure was followed the way it normally has gone, either the safety car would've come in a lap later and Max wouldn't have had chance to overtake, or the safety car wouldn't have let any lapped cars past and it's likely Max wouldn't have been able to clear the lapped cars in time to have a go at Lewis.

Because the race director followed his own ideas rather than precedent for procedure it manipulated the restart, to create entertainment, but also swung things heavily into Max's favour.

That's just objectively factual based on what happened. Both drivers deserved to win the title, but it would've been better if it wasn't artificially manipulated by the race director to create entertainment by changing the rules last minute. It will taint Max's first title, but it isn't as if he didn't deserve to win on merit, because of how close it had been all season.

Max fans who can't recognise that max was helped, however unintentionally or whatever, need to check themselves.

Red Bull need to get over themselves, spitting their dummies out at Sky for Ted's comment is tragic and embarrassing.

The whole polarisation of fan bases in the last few years is damaging for the sport, we don't need boos, we don't need fake hate etc.

Let's just go racing!
👏👏👏👏👏👏👏. Bravo Stephen. You’ve just articulated so much of what I want to say!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Sorry but I’ve just seen an article claiming Bernie helped to negotiate Red Bulls penalty for the cost cap. This sport just got even worse 😂😭

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Hi! I only scanned last pages cause I am laying down with the throat that I feel is on fire, I do not remember such throat ache since childhood I guess, I cannot even drink, so my energy and perception levels are a bit affected 😂
But I bring cleansing fluff

View attachment 1690267

I hope noone goes away from here ;)
One of my friends had this earlier this year, she lived on Popsicles for almost two weeks, mostly because they had a cooling function on her throat, and kept her from being dehydrated❤
Hope you get better soon, rest up and take it easy❤

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Isn’t he currently due in court for fraud? Why are we still involving him, especially in matters of finance 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 10
Yeah with a potential prison term as well.
Also after everything he said about Ukraine, that the sport rightly distanced itself from, it’s really shocking actually, all jokes aside, that they’d let him anywhere near it again. But his wife is the Vice President of the FIA I think so who’s surprised really

Reactions: 10
One of my friends had this earlier this year, she lived on Popsicles for almost two weeks, mostly because they had a cooling function on her throat, and kept her from being dehydrated❤
Hope you get better soon, rest up and take it easy❤
Thanks, I will try that too, now I am trying all homemade things I can think of so I could add this as well :))

The thing is that the best Merc win would be if they could actually overtake Max, that would mean the car finally gave up to Lewis' charm :love::LOL:

I just saw this cute cartoon, this person has more, adorable :)

• Heart
Reactions: 8
This is a consequence of getting a bigger fanbase in a short span of time, the sides have become very polarised over a very short time.
This isn't just a Max/Lewis thing, this is the whole sport. Just look at the hate fans of Daniel have given to Lando and vice versa.
And it's going on amongst fans of all the teams.

As much as I'm not a fan of Max, for reasons mentioned before, and just because he has always given me some weird vibes. I'll be the first one to admit that no matter who won that last race in Abu Dhabi last year, it was well earned, I'm just salty about how he won, like most others are.
Max is also an amazing driver, and has some incredible skills behind the wheel.
Absolutely spot on. Afraid to say that the narratives driven by DTS haven't helped at times either. When I first started watching as a kid, you supported a team (my dad was a Williams fan so obvs I supported McLaren 🤣) not a driver whereas now it's all about one driver who can do no wrong, ever. On the plus side, I give it 3 years max (no pun intended) before some of the more toxic fans melt away. Another couple of seasons like this one and they'll get bored.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I know sometimes people say the current grid is too friendly (I actually think many of them genuinely like eachother, they also see how unique experience they share)
I love when people are open and authentic, but looking at online hate (and not only) I think it is actually wiser for them to at least stay neutral towards eachother or pretend good relationships because can you imagine what would happen in the hateful parts of fandoms if drivers openly fought :rolleyes: I cannot imagine, looking at how sometimes short radio messages are taken out of context..

Reactions: 5
Absolutely spot on. Afraid to say that the narratives driven by DTS haven't helped at times either. When I first started watching as a kid, you supported a team (my dad was a Williams fan so obvs I supported McLaren 🤣) not a driver whereas now it's all about one driver who can do no wrong, ever. On the plus side, I give it 3 years max (no pun intended) before some of the more toxic fans melt away. Another couple of seasons like this one and they'll get bored.
You’re definitely right. My dad was always a McLaren fan, didn’t matter who drove for them. It’s what got me supporting Lewis in the first place😂nowadays people know a lot more about the drivers, their personal feelings and lives etc and it opens them up to a lot of extra scrutiny. In regards to Max fans, a fair few of them last year weren’t fans of Max originally, they were Lewis haters. Until he retires I don’t see them stopping unfortunately

Reactions: 6
You're just filling out what I didn't say with your answer 😂
I feel like this was more of a between the lines thing in my post 😅

Reactions: 2

Let's just go racing!

Absolutely spot on!
As a neutral fan with a soft spot for McLaren.
Max deserved to win the season but not the Abu Dhabi race.
I feel for Max as the cost cap breach also has just further tainted that 1st win.

Does this mean less of Christan Horner on Sky F1??

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.