Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Objectively, whether you're a Lewis fan, Max fan, neutral. Both drivers went into Abu Dhabi deserving to win the title because it neck and neck and basically winner takes all.

If safety car restart procedure was followed the way it normally has gone, either the safety car would've come in a lap later and Max wouldn't have had chance to overtake, or the safety car wouldn't have let any lapped cars past and it's likely Max wouldn't have been able to clear the lapped cars in time to have a go at Lewis.

Because the race director followed his own ideas rather than precedent for procedure it manipulated the restart, to create entertainment, but also swung things heavily into Max's favour.

That's just objectively factual based on what happened. Both drivers deserved to win the title, but it would've been better if it wasn't artificially manipulated by the race director to create entertainment by changing the rules last minute. It will taint Max's first title, but it isn't as if he didn't deserve to win on merit, because of how close it had been all season.

Max fans who can't recognise that max was helped, however unintentionally or whatever, need to check themselves.

Red Bull need to get over themselves, spitting their dummies out at Sky for Ted's comment is tragic and embarrassing.

And Ted is just batshit and can't be tamed!

The whole polarisation of fan bases in the last few years is damaging for the sport, we don't need boos, we don't need fake hate etc.

Let's just go racing!

• Heart
Reactions: 25

landooooo

VIP Member
I’m not a huge Checo fan but that was good of him, there really is no need for twattish behavior and it only seems to be getting worse.

Love that DR got driver of the day.

ps really glad I found this thread, this will be my new home ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 20

e456

What a rubbish race that was 🙄 and those boos were disgusting. Shout out to Checo for shutting it down. Love Papa Perez and Papa Hamilton ofc❤Also, did anyone else notice a cut on Lewis’ head at the start, after the anthem? Apparently one of the tv cameras smashed into his head😬😬😬

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

Platformcrocs

VIP Member
Alright, here we go. My inaugural ranking of the Sky Sports presenters.

1. Martin
The man himself. Forget King Charles III, THIS is the real King. Somehow makes the grid walk look easy despite the sensory overload. Doesn't give a shit about walking up to celebrities week in, week out, and asking them pointless questions such as "do you like cars?", "what do you think of the colour red?", "who are you?". Approach life as though you're doing a grid walk - chaotic yet confident.

2. Jenson
In a world of poorly-fitting suits and shiny foreheads, Jenson brings much-needed glamour and beauty to the team. We love Jnsn. Although I worry that Sky prefers PDR to Jnsn. Possibly because PDR has a lower fee given that he's never won a championship. Facts *George Russell voice*

3. Ted
Only a man who lives in shorts could single-handedly rattle an entire fanbase and Karen Horner. Absolutely love to see it. Long live The Notebook.

4. Natalie
Has the patience of a saint for dealing with this gaggle of blokes every other week. Always looks great despite operating out of what seems to be the hottest places on earth too. Maybe this is why Nico no longer attends races - he'd get too oily.

5. Rachel
Seems to attract a bunch of creepy men on Insta. Lots of comments about her legs. They are good tbf. Same comment as Natalie applies.

6. Naomi
This woman should be protected at all costs. I rank her slightly below Natalie and Rachel because she's newer but she's a great addition to the team and think she will be fully settled next year. Clearly fancies Sir Lewis too, but who doesn't.

7. Crofty
Always wearing trousers that are too tight. Perhaps he is struggling to lose the post-covid weight like I am. Either way, I don't want to see your cock and balls. BUT nothing gets me hyped like "AND IT'S LIGHTS OUT AND AWAY WE GO" (aside from "ok Lewis, it's hammertime"). Apparently he stole the line from Ben Edwards, but he isn't on the list. Nae debates, as Mario from Cleaning from Mario fame would say.

8. Nico
Shiny forehead. I know he is the villain but he does offer some decent insight (sometimes). I actually quite like it when he pops up from his lair. Maybe that says more about the Sky Sports team than anything else though.

9. Anthony
I think he uses the big TV. Let me just google it..."anthony davidson big tv". Oh, there he is. Anyone who takes on the big TV is braver than I am. It reminds me of the interactive whiteboards my school started rolling out in the early 2000s. None of the teachers could use them. Not Anthony though.

10. Damon
Doesn't feel like we've seen much of him this year. Or has this year just been ridiculously long? Maybe both. Looks a bit like a goat. This commentary is almost as bad as PDR's when a race is delayed and he's trying desperately to fill the time.

11. Simon
Professional. There to do a job. Some might even say he is a bit boring. Feel like he would order plain chicken at Nandos. I don't know, I'm vegetarian. Not much else to say.

12. Johnny
No strong feelings. He's fine. I also don't remember seeing him much this year. Maybe he's been there all along. Johnny, is that really you? I am struggling here. How many more people are on this list? I regret doing this. Someone help me please.

13. Danica
Definitely new to the job, shall we say. May or may not be shagging PDR. Who knows. I certainly hope not. No one asked for this. Her outfits are good so credit where it's due.

14. Karun
Also good at using the big TV. But also a bit of a Max fanboy. You win some, you lose some.

15. PDR
An annoyance. Often pronounces Mercedes as "Mer-shay-deez". I am also Scottish and have never heard anyone pronounce it that way. No excuses, and zero tolerance for this behaviour. Bottom of the list for you.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

Platformcrocs

VIP Member
I know this is petty of me but it mildly annoys me that Max never bothers to give the fans a shout out in the post race interviews 🥱

This is why no one likes you 😈

• Haha
Reactions: 17

OOps2022

VIP Member
Lewis drinking with his little straw in cool down room staying in his own world is a mood. I love him :love:

• Heart
Reactions: 16

HaloGirl

VIP Member
Papa Perez congratulating Lewis!
Lewis is so amazing and inspirational. To have to deal with booing, certain other drivers questioning his achievements. I applaud him.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

aidil

VIP Member
The crowd booing Lewis when he is saying they were really great all weekend 🤬🤬
How bloody gracious was he despite all that booing?! Even congratulating Max too. He's a much bigger person than me, I would have turned around like FUCK OFF THE LOT OF YA!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15