F1 Chatter #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Absolutely spot on. Afraid to say that the narratives driven by DTS haven't helped at times either. When I first started watching as a kid, you supported a team (my dad was a Williams fan so obvs I supported McLaren 🤣) not a driver whereas now it's all about one driver who can do no wrong, ever. On the plus side, I give it 3 years max (no pun intended) before some of the more toxic fans melt away. Another couple of seasons like this one and they'll get bored.
They definitely will. I used to follow Spanish domestic football a lot more closely than I can keep up with now, and after Spain won the World Cup in 2010, there was a massive influx of new fans. Most were totally fine but of course there is always a very vocal toxic subset of fans... Its the same with F1 at the moment. Loads of new fans coming via DTS and I guess many have gravitated to the winning driver or team, so RB and Max for the time being. Its easy to enjoy the sport when your team are winning, but the second RB are less dominant, the newer fans will lose interest.

Also people are taking it waaaaay to seriously both on Twitter and elsewhere saying Ted has made a massive mistake, it’s awful journalism, he’s so biased and has gone too far this time. He was talking HYPOTHETICALLY AS IF THEY WERE MAKING A FILM OF THE LAST TWO SEASONS. Also even if he wasn’t why because it is considered anti Max because he stated FACTS can he not share his opinion? There’s enough red bull brown nosing on sky anyway.
And also people blaming Ted for causing divisions between Lewis and Max fans?? Like no, it's Max fans swarming Ted's Insta saying they hope he gets hit by a car. Jesus christ. I've just reported a bunch of comments but not much else I can do.

Reactions: 5
And also people blaming Ted for causing divisions between Lewis and Max fans?? Like no, it's Max fans swarming Ted's Insta saying they hope he gets hit by a car. Jesus christ. I've just reported a bunch of comments but not much else I can do.
And may I add, as a perennial cynic, that Teds comments are just being used as an excuse for Horner, Marko and Max et al to avoid any further difficult cost cap queries now we know Ecclestone was involved? Believe me, Horner will be back when Toto, Andreas etc start getting more air time...eventually not talking to the biggest F1 broadcaster is going to hurt them more than it'll hurt Sky. Teds just a scapegoat. Nevertheless that comment section is a cesspit and needs shutting down

• Heart
Reactions: 10
And may I add, as a perennial cynic, that Teds comments are just being used as an excuse for Horner, Marko and Max et al to avoid any further difficult cost cap queries now we know Ecclestone was involved? Believe me, Horner will be back when Toto, Andreas etc start getting more air time...eventually not talking to the biggest F1 broadcaster is going to hurt them more than it'll hurt Sky. Teds just a scapegoat. Nevertheless that comment section is a cesspit and needs shutting down
Yeah I think it has more to do with this than the Ted thing tbh. He can’t keep using the same excuses when he realises now (thanks to Croftys question in the press conference) that they’re not buying it. He’ll just wait for that to die down and then they’ll be back, he loves the limelight way too much

Reactions: 6
Happy race day all! I've had an early birthday surprise (it's Tuesday) so I'll be catching up with the race on the bus back home from Edinburgh tomorrow.

I'll be out for dinner most likely when it's on.

Didn't know about the trip until this morning. Was hidden well from me.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Happy race day all! I've had an early birthday surprise (it's Tuesday) so I'll be catching up with the race on the bus back home from Edinburgh tomorrow.

Have fun!!❤

• Heart
Objectively, whether you're a Lewis fan, Max fan, neutral. Both drivers went into Abu Dhabi deserving to win the title because it neck and neck and basically winner takes all.

If safety car restart procedure was followed the way it normally has gone, either the safety car would've come in a lap later and Max wouldn't have had chance to overtake, or the safety car wouldn't have let any lapped cars past and it's likely Max wouldn't have been able to clear the lapped cars in time to have a go at Lewis.

Because the race director followed his own ideas rather than precedent for procedure it manipulated the restart, to create entertainment, but also swung things heavily into Max's favour.

That's just objectively factual based on what happened. Both drivers deserved to win the title, but it would've been better if it wasn't artificially manipulated by the race director to create entertainment by changing the rules last minute. It will taint Max's first title, but it isn't as if he didn't deserve to win on merit, because of how close it had been all season.

Max fans who can't recognise that max was helped, however unintentionally or whatever, need to check themselves.

Red Bull need to get over themselves, spitting their dummies out at Sky for Ted's comment is tragic and embarrassing.

And Ted is just batshit and can't be tamed!

The whole polarisation of fan bases in the last few years is damaging for the sport, we don't need boos, we don't need fake hate etc.

Let's just go racing!
The cheering when Hamilton crashed at the Austrian Grand Prix was an all time low for the sport.

Reactions: 3

Hope you have a lovely time ❤ I love a birthday surprise ❤

• Heart
The cheering when Hamilton crashed at the Austrian Grand Prix was an all time low for the sport.
i certainly think it was a low point of the past few years but this is sadly a sport with so many low moments that it’s hard to pinpoint what the all time low actually is. which is sad.

this season has just been full of so much nastiness (even calling it drama minimises it) and behind the scenes corruption stepping into the light that i agree with the point made earlier that a lot of the new dts audience won’t stick around. f1 hasn’t had a great few years and serious changes are needed. both within the sports and in how the fans interact with it.

i can’t add much more to what stephen said tbh and i like this thread to be the lighter side of it all so i don’t even know why i’m typing this but there’s definitely some kind of study to be written on drive to survive and how it changed both the sport and fanbase, and the narratives it assigns to all drivers and how fans think it’s appropriate to deal with them as a result.

Last edited:
  • Heart
i certainly think it was a low point of the past few years but this is sadly a sport with so many low moments that it’s hard to pinpoint what the all time low actually is. which is sad.

this season has just been full of so much nastiness (even calling it drama minimises it) and behind the scenes corruption stepping into the light that i agree with the point made earlier that a lot of the new dts audience won’t stick around. f1 hasn’t had a great few years and serious changes are made. both within the sports and in how the fans interact with it.

i can’t add much more to what stephen said tbh and i like this thread to be the lighter side of it all so i don’t even know why i’m typing this but there’s definitely some kind of study to be written on drive to survive and how it changed both the sport and fanbase, and the narratives it assigns to all drivers and how fans think it’s appropriate to deal with them as a result.
Agreed. It’s sadly getting more and more difficult to ignore the constant negativity surrounding everything which is sad actually. Fingers crossed today can be a good day and we can all feel a little lighter about it all 🤞🏻

Reactions: 7

this season has just been full of so much nastiness (even calling it drama minimises it) and behind the scenes corruption stepping into the light that i agree with the point made earlier that a lot of the new dts audience won’t stick around. f1 hasn’t had a great few years and serious changes are needed. both within the sports and in how the fans interact with it.

We love a study on this thread 😂

I did like DTS at the beginning but I'm not so sure anymore. It was quite cool to see behind the scenes and it felt like the drivers could show a different side of themselves, but it has all been majorly dramatised for Netflix. It almost seems like some of the newer fans think the sport is based on DTS and not vice versa 🙃

• Heart

I did like DTS at the beginning but I'm not so sure anymore. It was quite cool to see behind the scenes and it felt like the drivers could show a different side of themselves, but it has all been majorly dramatised for Netflix. It almost seems like some of the newer fans think the sport is based on DTS and not vice versa 🙃
just gonna write a full library of studies at this point 🤣

dts is ultimately a dramatised version of events which even has dramatised versions of the drivers themselves. fans of any celeb are interacting with the fictionalised version that the fanbase creates for them, and that is absolutely happening with f1 right now, for better and worse. and you’re exactly right that a lot of newer people seem to think the actual sport is a dts spinoff. all very interesting 🤣🧐

This is how I view it! I love the behind the scenes bits, the way we can see more of how the drivers and the teams think but sometimes there’s just straight up lies and that goes too far. Trying to make Max and Daniel/Lando and Carlos look like they hate each other, putting radio messages in in places where they weren’t just isn’t necessary. It’s created the narrative that there’s this constant hatred of each other just flowing through the entire paddock and the fans have picked that up and run with it. The Toto and Christian stuff from last season was straight up childish

Well I had no idea there was another different F1 thread happening...I don't frequent the main forum page because some of the thread titles on other topics are a bit 😵

Red Bull do love a good throw their toys out the pram at any opportunity don't they? (Not that other teams don't have strops too).

I bought the F1 t-shirt from H&M and I'm wearing it for the first time today...clearly I could have gone down a size, it is basically a dress 😅 But good for loafing on the sofa on a Sunday waiting for it to be race time.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Well I had no idea there was another different F1 thread happening...I don't frequent the main forum page because some of the thread titles on other topics are a bit 😵

Red Bull do love a good throw their toys out the pram at any opportunity don't they? (Not that other teams don't have strops too).

I bought the F1 t-shirt from H&M and I'm wearing it for the first time today...clearly I could have gone down a size, it is basically a dress 😅 But good for loafing on the sofa on a Sunday waiting for it to be race time.
hello! i remember you from the other thread i think (for the short time i was well) - hope you’re well 😘

that f1 shirt was like gold dust for me: i never found it in store and it was always out of stock online. it’s the perfect sunday race outfit!

on my way home, i now essentially am a bottle of prosecco. just trying to catch up and seen sharl is starting seventh 😭 send #thoughtsandprayers for me making it home by 8 as i’m still in england right now 🙃

• Heart
I was having a pretty good day, was getting college work done. Then I got a message from a guy I went on a date with nearly 3 weeks ago and no I’m in bed all sad. Ugh men 😓

• Heart
Reactions: 9
This is so sad that they need to ask people to be less pushy.... You can be the most passionate fan in the world but have a bit of respect! When i see people chasing after Charles just minutes after he had a crash or after Carlos when he was running with his trainer or Lando yesterday who said that he was just pushed around, it is not okay. They are people not some kind of pokemon you can collect 😡

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
This is so sad that they need to ask people to be less pushy.... You can be the most passionate fan in the world but have a bit of respect! When i see people chasing after Charles just minutes after he had a crash or after Carlos when he was running with his trainer or Lando yesterday who said that he was just pushed around, it is not okay. They are people not some kind of pokemon you can collect 😡

I don’t get how there’s so many people just freely wandering around in the paddock? I swear at other races they’re so much more strict with who can come into the actual paddock itself

I don’t get how there’s so many people just freely wandering around in the paddock? I swear at other races they’re so much more strict with who can come into the actual paddock itself
It definitely appears (from watching on TV at least) that there are more people in the paddock than usual....whether it's actually the case that more tickets with paddock access have been made available, I guess we won't know. It seems like a very stressful situation for the drivers when they are just trying to get to their garage and they are surrounded by a large group of people. I definitely don't blame any of them for asking for extra security - you'd like to think there are scanners etc to prevent anyone bringing in anything dangerous, but you just never know these days.

Reactions: 8
on my way home, i now essentially am a bottle of prosecco. just trying to catch up and seen sharl is starting seventh 😭 send #thoughtsandprayers for me making it home by 8 as i’m still in england right now 🙃
I better be a can of beer or a glass of rosé by the end of the race today 😂

I think I must have had the most productive last two hours, I decided I wanted to use up some apples from the fruit basket I won last weekend, so I drove to the store to buy the things I needed to make an applecake, and then I made tacos. Was planning on having tacos while the race was on, because you know, Mexico and tacos, but I was way to hungry for that to happen.

I saw someone on reddit say that they wanted to have a meal from the country the race is in, and sort of eat their way through the calendar. With so much good food arround, I might actually consider doing it myself 😅

Reactions: 1
Ok, I will add DTS analysis to our list of things to discuss after season (we already have drivers' psychoanalysis and something else I don't remember now, but I will find it LOL)

@Knit Happens Hi here!

I am a bit anxious before the race, I am manifesting too many things at once, as I mentioned yesterday, I don't know what to focus on LOL my biggest wish is no chaos

For now I am posting baby Lewis - he was so cute I am melting everytime I see this picture :love::love::love:
Nd9GcSPvfi6Bs8W_IDB-ShCFKKDnRYvcY-nYymgpQ&usqp=CAU.jpg

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.