F1 Chatter #52

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
okay putting the “historic gp” on here is MEAN 🥲

(again if he gets a podium i will WEEP)

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Got hiiiiiiiiiim 😂

Whenever Oscar is with Lando he always has that slightly bemused look us mums have when our kids who we love are doing something really funny but its also slightly annoying and we're not quite sure what they might do next

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Anyone got tickets for an audience with Guenther Steiner? I've just bought them on a whim for Salford 🤭

Reactions: 1
It will be so sad to see him battling for p16 in a Williams 😭😭 But i think he has less and less chance at another team. Except Audi but it looks like he is ready to gamble and not accept their offer yet 🙁

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
It will be so sad to see him battling for p16 in a Williams 😭😭 But i think he has less and less chance at another team. Except Audi but it looks like he is ready to gamble and not accept their offer yet 🙁

What a downfall for Carlos if he ends up in a tit seat. He doesn't deserve to be. So unlucky that Lewis Hamilton became available.

I still think Red Bull/Merc should sign him. Check isn't doing enough at the moment to be a good No 2 for constructors championship if McLaren and Ferrari are competitive.

And mercedes should give Kimi more time, another year in F2, or some low pressure time at Williams, it was the making of George his years at Williams, and would be good for Kim's development without the pressure of being "Lewis Hamilton's replacement".

Reactions: 9

this just feels “wrong”. i don’t mean to keep battering checo but it’s so not right that he’s sitting there in that RB when someone of carlos’ quality is going to be pootling around at the back in a williams. i know f1 isn’t fair and all but it just makes me 😤
---
What a downfall for Carlos if he ends up in a tit seat. He doesn't deserve to be. So unlucky that Lewis Hamilton became available.

I still think Red Bull/Merc should sign him. Check isn't doing enough at the moment to be a good No 2 for constructors championship if McLaren and Ferrari are competitive.

And mercedes should give Kimi more time, another year in F2, or some low pressure time at Williams, it was the making of George his years at Williams, and would be good for Kim's development without the pressure of being "Lewis Hamilton's replacement".
agreed on all counts.

merc are going to ruin kimi if they carry on like this tbh. i know i said it before but they’re setting him up to fail in a massive way. their pr team is doing him wrong.

Reactions: 11
Help the whole thing is just awful 😂😂

---
this just feels “wrong”. i don’t mean to keep battering checo but it’s so not right that he’s sitting there in that RB when someone of carlos’ quality is going to be pootling around at the back in a williams. i know f1 isn’t fair and all but it just makes me 😤
---

agreed on all counts.

merc are going to ruin kimi if they carry on like this tbh. i know i said it before but they’re setting him up to fail in a massive way. their pr team is doing him wrong.
I already said it but i think Toto has totally lost the plot and is trying everything to stay relevant now... Putting Kimi in the Mercedes, which is not the best car now but the situation is not that desperate either, with so much pressure, it is going to kill him. Like look at Oscar for example, he has a very great rookie season but some people are starting to say he has been overhyped because he still can't match Lando (especially in the race). And i find it so unfair because it's Lando we are talking about not Stroll, he is one of the best on the grid. And Oscar is only in his 2nd season, we need to give him some time and i am sure he will become better at tyre management and everything and come closer to Lando. So i can only imagine what they will say about Kimi if he end up crashing or not doing great (not because he isn't good but just because he has been rushed through the junior catégories and have no experience) 😕
And i feel for George too, Toto mada him believe he will be the future or Mercedes and has forced him to wait at Williams for 3 years only to put everything he has on Kimi now. He must feel awful...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
See but if Newey is also going to Williams, Carlos and Alex could make it a great team #delusionlevelhigh

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Help the whole thing is just awful 😂😂

---

I already said it but i think Toto has totally lost the plot and is trying everything to stay relevant now... Putting Kimi in the Mercedes, which is not the best car now but the situation is not that desperate either, with so much pressure, it is going to kill him. Like look at Oscar for example, he has a very great rookie season but some people are starting to say he has been overhyped because he still can't match Lando (especially in the race). And i find it so unfair because it's Lando we are talking about not Stroll, he is one of the best on the grid. And Oscar is only in his 2nd season, we need to give him some time and i am sure he will become better at tyre management and everything and come closer to Lando. So i can only imagine what they will say about Kimi if he end up crashing or not doing great (not because he isn't good but just because he has been rushed through the junior catégories and have no experience) 😕
And i feel for George too, Toto mada him believe he will be the future or Mercedes and has forced him to wait at Williams for 3 years only to put everything he has on Kimi now. He must feel awful...

I agree about Toto and not only that - I think BOTH him and Carlos lost the plot somewhere between autumn and now. I think if it is true that Merc is not interested in Carlos is not because they never were but that he asked for too much. I still think him and George would not be a bad pairing, if only for a year

If Carlos ends up with Williams - with all my nice feelings for that team, James and Alex - it would certainly suggest to me that he gambled too much at some point
(I still think it started when he tried to force ferrari for longer contract, it lasted too long and suddenly the option with Lewi became available)

and why no Audi, is he not willing to be in stake for a year before they arrive or did the deadline for his answer really expire/did he miss it waiting for RB unsuccesfully? or are these rumours from recent days originating "somewhere" with intention of pressuring a team (I mean RB) to make a move towards him?

Pobrecito, do something!

I am curious about how it will turn out eventually

and besides, I already strated warming up to Valtteri in Williams possibility :ROFLMAO:

yes to all of this!

i also feel like other teams have always been more careful in how they launch very young rookies (i guess max and lewis are the closest comparison to kimi for speed of progression and skipping classes) but the way merc are going about this is just all wrong. they’re parading him like he’s an absolute generational talent (in a way that RB didn’t with max, even though max was obviously something special. and they at least started him at toro rosso). this poor kid hasn’t had a chance to show anything of what he can do and they’ve got him all over their socials like he’s already “their” driver. there is no way he can live up to this hype.

i feel for george too. i make fun of him a bit i know but he put in the WORK to be toto’s number one boy and now this?! he’s gonna end up with danny ricc’s career, with less wins.

Reactions: 7
I agree about Toto and not only that - I think BOTH him and Carlos lost the plot somewhere between autumn and now. I think if it is true that Merc is not interested in Carlos is not because they never were but that he asked for too much. I still think him and George would not be a bad pairing, if only for a year

If Carlos ends up with Williams - with all my nice feelings for that team, James and Alex - it would certainly suggest to me that he gambled too much at some point
(I still think it started when he tried to force ferrari for longer contract, it lasted too long and suddenly the option with Lewi became available)

and why no Audi, is he not willing to be in stake for a year before they arrive or did the deadline for his answer really expire/did he miss it waiting for RB unsuccesfully? or are these rumours from recent days originating "somewhere" with intention of pressuring a team (I mean RB) to make a move towards him?

Pobrecito, do something!

I am curious about how it will turn out eventually

and besides, I already strated warming up to Valtteri in Williams possibility :ROFLMAO:
Honestly i think Red Bull should also be careful with what they are doing. Because keeping Checo who is really inconsistent at best is a risk to lose the constructor championship. Rumours are that they propose a 1 year contract to him, he refused and asked for 2 but Red Bull gave him a firm no. But if they wait too much (and Carlos finally says yes to Audi) there will be no one on the market... Alex is already signed at Williams, i think Lawson as not enough experience, Daniel ? (Lol 😂) and i am not sure how Yuki will do there but it will be their best option. And all the other drivers on the grid (who are still available) are not an upgrade on Checo i think.
And if Max finally leaves the team (be it at the end of the season or at the end of 2025) who would be their number 1 driver ? I think Alonso would be ready to drop Aston at the first sign from Marko 😂 But let's be honest, he is still really good but is not the future.

I‘m offline for a few hours and Merc doesn’t want to sign Newey and Carlos is thinking of Williams instead of the apparently one year contract Merc offered

Wtf is he thinking - it’s not going to look any better for 26 seat wise as probably most teams will look for a 2 year contract - and not sure if RB would be interested if Maxie heads to Merc in 26 (and Georgie on the market as Kimi would then for sure join Merc)

Ladies and Stephen, works been crazy so I haven't had time to read anything on here but just popped in on a break as I have been called in to delivery suite to say that I saw Dr in the trust who looked like LONG HAIRED JENSON!!! I have no idea where he works, it's certainly not in this dept but I will HUNT HIM DOWN!

Hope you are well and looking forward to Monaco...

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I love Valtteri's helmet

helmet-for-2024-monaco-grand-prix-v0-25syo3apz72d1.jpg
helmet-for-2024-monaco-grand-prix-v0-2gbhukapz72d1.jpg

---
Ladies and Stephen, works been crazy so I haven't had time to read anything on here but just popped in on a break as I have been called in to delivery suite to say that I saw Dr in the trust who looked like LONG HAIRED JENSON!!! I have no idea where he works, it's certainly not in this dept but I will HUNT HIM DOWN!

Hunt down Dr Jenson JellyBeans! :love:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8

Find him and ask if he's single for a friend, would you? 😇

I currently have about 10 bottles of rose stored(i will not be drinking all during this weekend 😂), and 7 bottles of limonade with different taste from a friends own business, best thing is that it was once suggested that him and I were supposed to create a class on creative fuckery and how to perform it. Last time we hung out together, we lifted a small car on top of some cinderblocks in the middle of a decently steep hill😂 Now we are both grown up adults, and because I am now an employee, I am not allowed to do creative fuckery anymore (but everyone is allowed to ask me if what they are doing is okay)😂

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.