Ex Slimming World Disordered Eating Recovery #2 Underestimating Our Desire To Eat Pasta

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Having a really crappy time on SW at the moment, been on it for about 7 months and have lost 2 stone. But I’m so fed up of cooking everything from scratch, and fed up of feeling guilty for eating things that aren’t even that bad for you in moderation but have a million syns. I want to carry on losing weight but I’ve just been gaining and losing the same 3lbs for the last 2 months :/

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Having a really crappy time on SW at the moment, been on it for about 7 months and have lost 2 stone. But I’m so fed up of cooking everything from scratch, and fed up of feeling guilty for eating things that aren’t even that bad for you in moderation but have a million syns. I want to carry on losing weight but I’ve just been gaining and losing the same 3lbs for the last 2 months :/
Regardless of your journey , most will involve cooking fresh and from scratch

may be woeth Looking into cc where your cals are based on demographics and how active you are and there’s no good or bad food

This is the problem with it, it’s not sustainable. Other methods mean you aren’t feeling the guilt which shifts your whole mindset.

Reactions: 6
This is the problem with it, it’s not sustainable. Other methods mean you aren’t feeling the guilt which shifts your whole mindset.
I totally agree it’s the guilt, I go to the gym 5 times a week and am building muscle so need protein and I’m always hungry, I don’t think SW is set up for people who are actually active and do proper workouts not just walks

Reactions: 7
I totally agree it’s the guilt, I go to the gym 5 times a week and am building muscle so need protein and I’m always hungry, I don’t think SW is set up for people who are actually active and do proper workouts not just walks
It definitely is. They discourage exercise. What I did last year was to work with a coach, work out my TDEE, and stick to a calorie deficit my using my fitness pal. It worked…!

• Heart
Have a look at the James Smith calculator online. You fill it out and it tells you the cals and protein you need to lose weight/build muscle.

If you're going to cal count invest in the Nutracheck app it's fab.

If SW isn't working then maybe try something new. No diet is worth feeling like tit and being restricted. You've done really well 👏

You're paying for it and not enjoying it, so you've got nothing to lose really. The leaders try and make you stay because if you're bum isn't on the seat they don't get paid

Reactions: 8
Have a look at the James Smith calculator online. You fill it out and it tells you the cals and protein you need to lose weight/build muscle.

If you're going to cal count invest in the Nutracheck app it's fab.

If SW isn't working then maybe try something new. No diet is worth feeling like tit and being restricted. You've done really well 👏

You're paying for it and not enjoying it, so you've got nothing to lose really. The leaders try and make you stay because if you're bum isn't on the seat they don't get paid
Couldn’t agree more with this, I like the NHS app. I haven’t used the others mentioned here.

The consultants are trained to sell a plan, they aren’t trained in nutritional awareness. After group I would have coffee and maybe cake with my daughter. One week I maintained and the consultant remarked that I should stop the weigh day treat (didn’t happen) the consultant told a lady who I estimate to be a size 24 who had a large gain to fill her plate with more speed food. It’s nonsense.

If you’re not enjoying it, I wouldn’t go. When I left slimming world it went up to £5.95 per week due to the cost of living cost of yacht fuel crisis. I have started putting £6 cash away in a tin every week. There must be over £100 in there now. Over the space of the year it’s roughly around £300 saved, which will be nice in time for Christmas.

• Heart
Couldn’t agree more with this, I like the NHS app. I haven’t used the others mentioned here.

The consultants are trained to sell a plan, they aren’t trained in nutritional awareness. After group I would have coffee and maybe cake with my daughter. One week I maintained and the consultant remarked that I should stop the weigh day treat (didn’t happen) the consultant told a lady who I estimate to be a size 24 who had a large gain to fill her plate with more speed food. It’s nonsense.

If you’re not enjoying it, I wouldn’t go. When I left slimming world it went up to £5.95 per week due to the cost of living cost of yacht fuel crisis. I have started putting £6 cash away in a tin every week. There must be over £100 in there now. Over the space of the year it’s roughly around £300 saved, which will be nice in time for Christmas.
Luckily I’m only doing SW Online, I couldn’t imagine sitting around a village hall singing kumbaya and believing someone telling me I’d put on because I had a few Proseccos at the weekend! They’re definitely not trained properly at all.

• Haha
Luckily I’m only doing SW Online, I couldn’t imagine sitting around a village hall singing kumbaya and believing someone telling me I’d put on because I had a few Proseccos at the weekend! They’re definitely not trained properly at all.
Singing kumbaya in a village hall 😂😂

I was more of a social slimmer, I joined when there were red and green days and I thought that was better. I still worry about eating bread to this day. Enjoy the Prosecco.

Reactions: 4
I remember red & green days. Suited me much better. I kept my books and some years ago found it still works. I never got on with Extra Easy or whatever it was called. Now, just the thought of fat free fromage frais ruining dishes makes me sick. And the amount of pots & pans!!!
Does anyone remember chocolate Muller lights? We used to eat three at a time. So tantalising, so unsatisfying. But they were FREE! 💃🙄

• Haha
I remember red & green days. Suited me much better. I kept my books and some years ago found it still works. I never got on with Extra Easy or whatever it was called. Now, just the thought of fat free fromage frais ruining dishes makes me sick. And the amount of pots & pans!!!
Does anyone remember chocolate Muller lights? We used to eat three at a time. So tantalising, so unsatisfying. But they were FREE! 💃🙄
To this day I can barely eat yoghurt. Muller shites were just chemically flavoured slop. The worst thing is, people used to cook with them. You’d mix a muller with oats and an egg to make pancakes, then top off with another pot of muller and slices of fruit for speed. Absolute crap. It’s also ruined overnight oats for me.

The limited edition flavours were the worst. They’d do ones that were supposed to be cappuccino or cheesecake flavoured and they all tasted the same.

• Sick
The limited edition ones always just tasted like toffee regardless of what flavour they were supposed to be

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Whenever I used to be buying Müller Shites from the supermarket it was always all or nothing like ‘Okay you can have one for 85p… or 10 FOR £3!!! HOW COMMITTED TO THIS PURCHASE ARE YOU!!!’ 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Whenever I used to be buying Müller Shites from the supermarket it was always all or nothing like ‘Okay you can have one for 85p… or 10 FOR £3!!! HOW COMMITTED TO THIS PURCHASE ARE YOU!!!’ 😂
Oh God I could never just buy one or two, it just wasn't worth it! But I only liked the chocolate orange ones so if there wasn't 10 I'd have to buy some crappy fruity ones I didn't like🤣 I'm right off yogurts at the moment, think it's years of eating Muller lights that's done it. My partner buys these really thick and creamy 250 calorie yogurts from Lidl but my SW damaged brain can't bring myself to eat one.

• Sad
Oh God I could never just buy one or two, it just wasn't worth it! But I only liked the chocolate orange ones so if there wasn't 10 I'd have to buy some crappy fruity ones I didn't like🤣 I'm right off yogurts at the moment, think it's years of eating Muller lights that's done it. My partner buys these really thick and creamy 250 calorie yogurts from Lidl but my SW damaged brain can't bring myself to eat one.
I was off yoghurts for years too.

Passata turns my stomach, anything with a tomato based sauce and I want to hurl

• Heart
Reactions: 3
To this day I can barely eat yoghurt. Muller shites were just chemically flavoured slop. The worst thing is, people used to cook with them. You’d mix a muller with oats and an egg to make pancakes, then top off with another pot of muller and slices of fruit for speed. Absolute crap. It’s also ruined overnight oats for me.
You have just unlocked a (bad) memory for me! I used to make these exact pancakes. I used to soak the oats in the yoghurt overnight to make them “better” and used to have them on a Saturday morning as my weekend treat!! 🙈

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
Like the overpriced bars they sell, people falling over themselves to buy them when you could buy similar in Aldi at half the price and consultant recommending having 2 of theirs for your healthy b or whatever.

Like the overpriced bars they sell, people falling over themselves to buy them when you could buy similar in Aldi at half the price and consultant recommending having 2 of theirs for your healthy b or whatever.
Oh my god those bars. I once ate an entire pack of them when I was stuck in traffic on the motorway, then had to stop at every services I passed once the traffic was moving again as they seemingly had a laxative effect 🙈 I think it was the mint chocolate ones! Probably some sort of chemical sweetener concoction that caused it 🤣 had a similar from eating an entire bag of sugar free sweets from Aldi.

Moral of the story is, don’t mass consume chemical laden rubbish if you’re not close to a toilet 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Oh my god those bars. I once ate an entire pack of them when I was stuck in traffic on the motorway, then had to stop at every services I passed once the traffic was moving again as they seemingly had a laxative effect 🙈 I think it was the mint chocolate ones! Probably some sort of chemical sweetener concoction that caused it 🤣 had a similar from eating an entire bag of sugar free sweets from Aldi.

Moral of the story is, don’t mass consume chemical laden rubbish if you’re not close to a toilet 😂
I ate a small pack of weight watchers gummy sweets once (I think they were strawberry hearts) and jesus christ the stomach cramps I had in the night 😭😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
I remember discovering almond milk and using it with Options (less syns) and my stomach blowing up, tight as a drum. Turned out it was something called carageenan caused this in certain people. Also I overindulged in those bars too. They were so expensive.

• Wow