Ex Slimming World Disordered Eating Recovery #2 Underestimating Our Desire To Eat Pasta

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i used to get slimmer of the week quite a lot (used to lol) and i'd always forego the fruit basket and just have the certificate lol i dont want someone elses overripe cast offs thank you kindly

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Getting bleeping sick of the tit now, despite losing plenty of weight since January, although I attribute that to calorie deficit & changing my ways when it comes to snacking. But the missus is insistent that we stick to it,although I’ve told her bollocks to the syn counting, it’s not healthy. Whats pissing me off the most is being stuck for what to have at lunch, especially if we’re on the go, what’s wrong with a bleeping sandwich!? Ffs! Noooooooo it’s gotta be a jacket potato or a salad or pasta, sick of the stuff.

Reactions: 5
Around 10 years ago I lost over 3 stone when with them but I cheated and calorie counted instead of following their plan. My daughter wanted motivation and I kept her company.

The consultant was a lovely lady but quite a bit overweight herself (sounding judgy but I resented her hectoring manner to everyone if they had a week not losing)

She must have been on a recruitment drive as she was at our door with a leaflet and she hasn't changed, which I though strange as she was SO into it.

I also cringed at the word syn, it's psychologically making it 'bad".

Cc is better for me so I can have a snack and factor it in but nothing is forbidden.

Reactions: 6
Getting bleeping sick of the tit now, despite losing plenty of weight since January, although I attribute that to calorie deficit & changing my ways when it comes to snacking. But the missus is insistent that we stick to it,although I’ve told her bollocks to the syn counting, it’s not healthy. Whats pissing me off the most is being stuck for what to have at lunch, especially if we’re on the go, what’s wrong with a bleeping sandwich!? Ffs! Noooooooo it’s gotta be a jacket potato or a salad or pasta, sick of the stuff.
I did once lose weight with sw whilst still having my lunchtime sarnie and my cereal in the morning.
I’d healthy extra the cereal but not the bread. I know it’s “cheating”. In fact this the first time I’ve admitted it publicly 😳 😂
But my reasoning was that it was crazy that I could in theory have a huge bowl of pasta, but not two slices of bread!
I did choose a SW approved filling (!) though, and avoided or “synned” ( 😡) the butter 😝

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Around 10 years ago I lost over 3 stone when with them but I cheated and calorie counted instead of following their plan. My daughter wanted motivation and I kept her company.

The consultant was a lovely lady but quite a bit overweight herself (sounding judgy but I resented her hectoring manner to everyone if they had a week not losing)

She must have been on a recruitment drive as she was at our door with a leaflet and she hasn't changed, which I though strange as she was SO into it.

I also cringed at the word syn, it's psychologically making it 'bad".

Cc is better for me so I can have a snack and factor it in but nothing is forbidden.
If you're a consultant you HAVE to leaflet every promotional period - which I think is 3 times a year. They want you out there on your bank holiday (because it almost always overlaps with a BH) leafleting. If you don't leaflet you get in trouble with your manager 🙄

I also think a large number of these consultants are overweight and it's hypocritical to be telling others to lose weight when you're not at target!

• Wow
Reactions: 8
If you're a consultant you HAVE to leaflet every promotional period - which I think is 3 times a year. They want you out there on your bank holiday (because it almost always overlaps with a BH) leafleting. If you don't leaflet you get in trouble with your manager 🙄

I also think a large number of these consultants are overweight and it's hypocritical to be telling others to lose weight when you're not at target!
I had a leaflet through the door Christmas Eve once.

• Sad
  • Wow
Christmas Eve I actually found quite poor taste, and triggering.
100%

Let people enjoy themselves without making them feel guilty. It's such bad taste but, imo, they don't care about you or your weight. They only care about numbers so they come for you when you're most vulnerable.

Reactions: 10
I had a leaflet through my door yesterday. I was outside cleaning my car and saw the woman doing it, who was absolutely massive. I know it’s good to be able to relate to people if you run the groups, but surely that’s not a great advertisement for it? The whole leaflet thing makes me uneasy anyway- as someone who’s struggled with eating disorders when I was younger, I don’t think it’s right to post through everyone’s door.

• Wow
New to this thread. I've been on and off slimming world for years. Lost 5 stone, regained it then lost and regained the same stone for years. Ended up with really disordered eating and making myself sick when I went over syns.

I'm now calorie counting and have a personal trained and I finally feel free. No food feels bad, I don't regret anything I eat and I'm losing weight so much quicker than I did on Slimming World and it feels sustainable

• Heart
Reactions: 16
New to this thread. I've been on and off slimming world for years. Lost 5 stone, regained it then lost and regained the same stone for years. Ended up with really disordered eating and making myself sick when I went over syns.

I'm now calorie counting and have a personal trained and I finally feel free. No food feels bad, I don't regret anything I eat and I'm losing weight so much quicker than I did on Slimming World and it feels sustainable
I'm very like you in that I've yo yo'd for years.

I don't have a personal trainer but downloaded the nutracheck app and do count calories every day.

Sometimes I think it's quite sad that at 66 I still care so much but its better that than where I was before, starving on weigh in day and binging after getting weighed, feeling guilty at eating an Indian meal.

Now I have a treat or takeaway but count it in and try to balance it over a week.

Years of severe ED meant that Slimming World was the last thing I needed.

• Heart
I had a leaflet through my door yesterday. I was outside cleaning my car and saw the woman doing it, who was absolutely massive. I know it’s good to be able to relate to people if you run the groups, but surely that’s not a great advertisement for it? The whole leaflet thing makes me uneasy anyway- as someone who’s struggled with eating disorders when I was younger, I don’t think it’s right to post through everyone’s door.
I don't think I ever had a slim Slimming World consultant in all the years I was going, and my mum before me. One had been really overweight and had a cardboard cut out of her before and after that she displayed every week. She was, in reality, somewhere in the middle of the two pictures for the many years I knew her.

• Haha
I tried SW in lockdown and now have a WW online subscription which I barely use. I really need to sort out my own motivation but its so hard.

Reactions: 1
I’m pregnant and am just realising how weird SW has made me about things which are healthy (in moderation) like milk fruit juice and cereal.

In trying to reduce my own UPF I realised how many people who use slimming world (myself included) have an addiction to processed food and sugar.

whilst some slimming world principles (such as scratch cooking) are good, there’s a lot of “low fat” replacements which contain a lot of additives and UPFs

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I tried SW in lockdown and now have a WW online subscription which I barely use. I really need to sort out my own motivation but its so hard.
I remember wondering how difficult it was for SW members to stick to the plan. I wasn't doing it but was very concerned about eggs being rationed. Particularly for low carbers. As someone who had two boiled eggs most mornings, I was quite worried I wouldn't be able to keep my habit up.
I have a long lasting thing about orange juice too plus have 30gr cheese fixed in my mind.

Reactions: 3