Ex Slimming World Disordered Eating Recovery #2 Underestimating Our Desire To Eat Pasta

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It definitely is. They discourage exercise. What I did last year was to work with a coach, work out my TDEE, and stick to a calorie deficit my using my fitness pal. It worked…!
this is exactly what i thought when i did SW. i lost 2 stone doing SW and doing lots if exercise. our leader never once promoted anyone doing exercise in conjunction with the diet which i always thought was weird 🤔 when the chat went round i always included id been gym etc but the leader would say things if you stayed same youve done to much exercise which is ridiculous!
as you lose weight things like walking become so much easier and lots of the members could of done with a bit of encouragement to actually move

• Heart
Reactions: 8
The problem most of the ladies at my old group had was that they just couldn’t cook, wouldn’t know seasoning if it slapped them in the face and everything was ridiculously over done or boiled to death. No wonder they couldn’t stick to plan and were like rats up a drainpipe to the chippy at any opportunity 🤣

• Haha
The problem most of the ladies at my old group had was that they just couldn’t cook, wouldn’t know seasoning if it slapped them in the face and everything was ridiculously over done or boiled to death. No wonder they couldn’t stick to plan and were like rats up a drainpipe to the chippy at any opportunity 🤣
I think that’s why that seasoning company did so well. People in group raved about it, but it was basically £2 for a small sachet of things like chilli powder and paprika. I guess if you just don’t know how how cook then that’s going to be a huge revelation.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
this is exactly what i thought when i did SW. i lost 2 stone doing SW and doing lots if exercise. our leader never once promoted anyone doing exercise in conjunction with the diet which i always thought was weird 🤔 when the chat went round i always included id been gym etc but the leader would say things if you stayed same youve done to much exercise which is ridiculous!
as you lose weight things like walking become so much easier and lots of the members could of done with a bit of encouragement to actually move
This is so similar to my experience.
When I went to group most recently, my weight finally started shifting when I made time for an hours walk each evening.
When I said in group that this was what had really helped, the consultant really doubled down on the fact that only sticking rigidly to plan would get results.
Why can’t they factor in the importance of exercise and healthy eating alongside each other?! It’s mad!
I have to say I’m sort of loosely following the plan at home, but without the crazy bits.
But I’ll never go back to a group again, because the information given out just doesn’t stack up at all.

Reactions: 9
I think I joined and rejoined SW maybe four times and that was enough! I loathed dragging myself there after a day at work, discussing Quark, and wondering if you'd win the raffle bag of a mouldy apple, banana & two tins of value mushy peas (to make a fabulous "creamy" curry with FF fromage frais)! 🤮 And paying to hear people obsessing about syns. No, no, no. I refuse.

Reactions: 10
I had the WORST constipation on SW. frylight also wrecked my pan.
Now i use the best quality olive oil I can afford (as it’s not processed like bloody fly-shite) and my bowels funnily enough move better!

I still follow some SW principles in cooking meals but I use things like Bored of Lunch slow cooker recipes which are delicious.

I refuse to beat myself up for a slice of toast when I get in from work becuase I’m starving and have to cook. It’s either toast or biscuits so I figure a slice of sourdough toast is better!

Fortunately my consultant didn’t scare us of exercise (body magic….) and I feel far better (as does my digestion) when I get at least 40 mins walking in everyday

• Heart
I joined slimming world before I got married and hoped to lose a bit of weight. I hated the meetings and I wasn’t prepared to take a bit of fruit in so someone else could take it home, is that a thing everywhere? Anyway I went to my meeting, hated it went home and ordered a takeaway because the consultant said I’d look better if I lost around 8 stone and I could try to lose 2 stone a month. Honestly I was so shocked because I’d never be able to lose it that fast.
I do WW but SW intrigues me as it seems to have such a large following in the UK. I’m here because I’m curious about the impact of this plan on actual eating habits. Please can you explain the fruit thing? Sounds so bizarre.

I do WW but SW intrigues me as it seems to have such a large following in the UK. I’m here because I’m curious about the impact of this plan on actual eating habits. Please can you explain the fruit thing? Sounds so bizarre.
Everyone takes in something small to meetings such as a tin or piece of fruit which goes in a basket. If you win Slimmer of the Week, you get the basket.

Reactions: 1
Everyone takes in something small to meetings such as a tin or piece of fruit which goes in a basket. If you win Slimmer of the Week, you get the basket.
At the group I went to, they had the fruit basket for Slimmer of the Week, but also if you stayed for the whole meeting, you wrote your name on a piece of paper and at the end someone was picked to win a scratchcard - much better than winning the fruit basket :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I don’t go but my photography club is in the same building as sw. the leader must be an anomaly in sw world as they do 1 hour of aerobics as well as the sw weigh in.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I don’t go but my photography club is in the same building as sw. the leader must be an anomaly in sw world as they do 1 hour of aerobics as well as the sw weigh in.
Omg she’ll be getting struck off if Mags finds out 🤣
The one and only time I won slimmer of the week it was tit, questionable fruit quality, tins of beans and other random stuff that had syns.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Omg she’ll be getting struck off if Mags finds out 🤣
The one and only time I won slimmer of the week it was tit, questionable fruit quality, tins of beans and other random stuff that had syns.
I got some very sad looking fruit and a tin of Tesco value potatoes which moved house with me a few times before I chucked it.

I also got glares because I won three weeks in a row and the long term members didn’t like that.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Someone kept bringing in tins of mushy peas for the fruit basket, for that bloody mushy pea curry :sick:

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 7