Ex Slimming World Disordered Eating Recovery #2 Underestimating Our Desire To Eat Pasta

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'll never forgot the uproar when Muller lights had to be synned. My consultant was nearly murdered 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I think they do deals with companies to decide the syn value of things. For example I have some of those naked noodle pots which are like 2/3/4 syns, Pot Noodles aren’t that many calories more but are around 9/10 syns, I don’t trust it at all
They do, 100% like their own ready meals etc is "free" but the exact same thing and they'll be synned.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
There was nearly a riot at one of my groups as the consultant was off and nearly everyone stayed the same or gained on the cover consultants scales 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I'll never forgot the uproar when Muller lights had to be synned. My consultant was nearly murdered 🤣🤣🤣🤣
And this is why no one should take the plan seriously. They were free for years, then all of a sudden they suddenly decided to "syn" them?? What a load of crap!

Reactions: 10
I think they do deals with companies to decide the syn value of things. For example I have some of those naked noodle pots which are like 2/3/4 syns, Pot Noodles aren’t that many calories more but are around 9/10 syns, I don’t trust it at all
I’ve always thought this, especially with the ones advertised in the magazine. It always made me laugh too how there would be a page of low syn ‘finds’. Erm no, just random tit you’ve decided is low in syns this week 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
And this is why no one should take the plan seriously. They were free for years, then all of a sudden they suddenly decided to "syn" them?? What a load of crap!
Just out of curiosity what are they now ?
My friend has gone on an extended holiday and dropped off a bag full of SW mags and she keeps asking me which recipes I have made - I havn't even looked in the bag until she asks and I take one out, flick the pages and tell her the 1 that is there. Keeps her happy.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Just out of curiosity what are they now ?
My friend has gone on an extended holiday and dropped off a bag full of SW mags and she keeps asking me which recipes I have made - I havn't even looked in the bag until she asks and I take one out, flick the pages and tell her the 1 that is there. Keeps her happy.
I "think" 0.5syns each, but it was a long time ago. We were sold the line that "sw review foods on a periodic basis & have found that these foods no longer fall into the nutritionally balanced category & therefore now have a syn value" or some such other BS.

Now tbf people were eating them in their droves, it was the same with sweetener that was free in the beginning (to use in tea/coffee ahead of sugar) but people were using it to make cakes and that is def not nutritionally sound.

I remember the first time I started and Chinese takeaways were not too bad syns wise then they launched a new book and they’d practically doubled in syns. So my group kicked off and the consultant said portion sizes had gotten bigger, if anything takeaway portions got smaller. It was probably to try and encourage folk to have a vile ready meal or one of their fakeaway plates of sadness while everyone else was enjoying their chow mein, chicken & black bean and spring rolls

• Haha
I "think" 0.5syns each, but it was a long time ago. We were sold the line that "sw review foods on a periodic basis & have found that these foods no longer fall into the nutritionally balanced category & therefore now have a syn value" or some such other BS.

Now tbf people were eating them in their droves, it was the same with sweetener that was free in the beginning (to use in tea/coffee ahead of sugar) but people were using it to make cakes and that is def not nutritionally sound.
Nowadays Muller lights are one syn apparently. So you can only eat ten of the chemically, watery ‘yoghurts’ to stay on plan. I remember when people used to make pancakes out of them and all sorts. Foul.

Why you’d even want to eat a single Muller shite is beyond me. The worst was the special edition ones. The last muller I ate was pumpkin pie flavoured and it was so chemically it had a fishy aftertaste.

And yeah, the cakes. Sheesh. I remember making a sad little weetabix cake for breakfast. I think one of the reasons SW is so fucked is that the tide is turning against ultra processed foods and that’s most of the diet.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Remember the scan bran holy god if you didn't drink enough water you'd not shite for weeks (sorry lol).

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Remember the scan bran holy god if you didn't drink enough water you'd not shite for weeks (sorry lol).
Oh god I remember one poor girl celebrated her birthday with a scan bran cake.
The sponge was scan bran, eggs and Muller light. The cream was some kind of low calorie cottage cheese & then strawberries for "speed".

Which reminds me, the last time I rejoined strawberries and melon were free but were removed from the list of speed foods....despite years and YEARS of listening to people attribute their weightloss to melons and strawberries 🙄

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Ugh, I did SW twice and because I loved my red wine, ended up living on crab sticks, pasta n sauce and mugshots.

I still, can't bring myself to eat a digestive biscuit after the consultant said the equivalent calories in a packet equalled 12 chicken chow meins!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Ugh, I did SW twice and because I loved my red wine, ended up living on crab sticks, pasta n sauce and mugshots.

I still, can't bring myself to eat a digestive biscuit after the consultant said the equivalent calories in a packet equalled 12 chicken chow meins!
It’s basically all nonsense isn’t it. Your first sentence sums it up. You could technically lose weight if you just ate the one/two things you love every day. There’s always stories of chronically underweight people who live on Diet Coke and three packs of quavers a day. The key to sustained weight loss is having a balanced but calorie controlled diet EVERY day. Not just during the week when it’s not the summer or Christmas period.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
The chickpea chocolate cake. Chickpeas and Options was it? Quark icing. "Oh you can't taste the chickpeas" Yes you can! 🤢🤮🤢🤮🤢🤮

• Sick
  • Haha
My Aunt still does the SW Pimms at her BBQs🤢
Which is balsamic vinegar and lemonade.
Makes me want to throw up just thinking about it 🤣🤣

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 17

Here’s what Nutracheck says. 12 chicken chow meins have several times the calories and fat of a pack of 250g plain digestives. Where on earth did she get that info from?

IMG_6338.jpeg

• Haha
My Aunt still does the SW Pimms at her BBQs🤢
Which is balsamic vinegar and lemonade.
Makes me want to throw up just thinking about it 🤣🤣
That really is vile and I was shouted down when I said so. When I joined I was veggie and they told me I could eat unlimited pasta and chickpeas so I did, I gained 4lbs the first week as I was eating them roasted, spiced and hummused all day. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Oh god I remember one poor girl celebrated her birthday with a scan bran cake.
The sponge was scan bran, eggs and Muller light. The cream was some kind of low calorie cottage cheese & then strawberries for "speed".

Which reminds me, the last time I rejoined strawberries and melon were free but were removed from the list of speed foods....despite years and YEARS of listening to people attribute their weightloss to melons and strawberries 🙄
The day I’d celebrate my birthday with anything to do with scan bran is the day I’d chuck the towel in and move to Mars. Just have a slice of real and actually tastes like a cake (instead of what an Amazon box probably tastes like) girl blimey! I hope she’s allowed cake back into her life since, and not moved onto other crazy avenues like making fake Heinz tomato soup with baked beans 🤢

• Sick