Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I only remember it because I hated it at the time... mainly for the rhyming of 'possible' with 'impossible' which I found incredibly grating lol

• Haha
Reactions: 8
It’s mandatory though. If she didn’t say that, she’d be arrested and thrown into jail when she gets home. Any other country that has mandatory military service it’s called out as being hugely unfair to their citizens who get pulled into war they don’t want to be part of, again it’s only Israel where complying with the mandatory call is seen as full support for anything the government do ever.
I can only speak for myself, but I know I would feel exactly the same if Russia continued to compete with someone who had been drafted and promoted it in press interviews.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I think the decent thing for Israel to have done is withdraw. However, Israel don't think they're doing anything wrong so they won't. I also get that Russia invaded a sovereign state and Israel were defending themselves, so that the difference.

I think the time has come for the ESC to draw up some sort of rules about countries in conflict. It is supposed to be absolutely apolitical but it's unavoidable at times like this.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I've finally had a proper chance to listen to all the entries. I seem to agree with the bookies. I like Switzerland, Croatia, Italy and the Netherlands.
Ours sounds so bland. I'm already bored with it.

What is so annoying is when listening to it on Spotify, they don't say which country try it is, just the artist and song title. I suppose It helps to take the song at face value.

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
I’m listening to LBC ( so absolutely no clue how accurate this is ) and the newsreader just said that it was to do with Joost wanting Eden to answer the question of whether Israel’s participation could pose a danger to other contestants.
Personally I think this is a fairly reasonable question. It’s not as though he was waving a Palestinian flag around or making antisemitic comments.
All this has really taken the shine off tomorrow. Not sure I cba with it.

CovergirlD

VIP Member
Well they jumped up in the odds as soon as those results were leaked - I even put money on them 🤣. We are absolutely screwed if they win. What makes it even worse is it is a very jury friendly song and they would really have to put her far from the top 10 for her not to win and I don’t see that happening. 40% is absolutely insane and it’s not as if the Jewish population in Italy is larger than anywhere else- the UK, German, Swedish televote result will look the same. What a nightmare. I Will be giving all my votes to croatia as I believe he is the only one that can come close to counteracting Israel’s votes. But I’m not hopeful.

In other news I am glad they put Olly as late as possible in the first half!

Reactions: 7

MrsBsDayOff

VIP Member
Has everybody seen clips from Olly at the oreparty last night? He looks so over it. There were protesters outside the venue handing out flyers with his face on asking him to withdraw...

Can I ask, and sorry if I sound uneducated. Why is there so much pressure on him to withdraw but doesn't seem to be on any of the other acts taking part
Haven't seen it, but that's sad. He hasn't done anything wrong. He entered as a big name, in good faith. It would be awful if other big acts were put off from entering, because of this behaviour.

Some of the fans are so toxic, and Btw I hate what is happening in Gaza and feel uncomfortable about Israel, but I don't agree with harassing the acts.

UnknownTattler

VIP Member

Ehhh, the chorus is catchy and was stuck in my head after the first listen. But it reminds me of early 00s Eurovision, not sure if that's a good thing. And I saw someone compare it to Deeper Shade of Blue by Steps, and now I keep hearing it 😅

Millennial Pink

VIP Member
I think Croatia might walk this now. The vocals, staging and energy where all there. I think for all the other contenders something might be lacking. I do wonder if the juries might get Switzerland through it?

• Heart