Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Grifty Mc

VIP Member
Might be controversial but I don’t think a Russian act should have been excluded. It isn’t some young singer’s fault their government decides to do shit.

Reactions: 10

kachoochoo

VIP Member
right, after loads of you said that Croatia is great, I've listened to it

it will absolutely go! off! on the night

it's a great song 😍

• Heart

kev1974

VIP Member
Are they going to have actual ABBA at the final. Can't imagine they are going to miss the chance for a 50 year tribute.

• Heart

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
Just call the whole thing off, say that Israel won so that everyone can move on. The EBU made an absolute mess out of this year‘s competition. Let Israel compete for all I care, they always have. But suppressing critical voices and calls for ceasefire or sympathy for innocent civilians in Gaza - that‘s evil and they know it.
This is a song contest not a political arena.
I'm already sick to death of protests and flag waving.

For the record I don't want Israel to win because their song isn't the best and they probably should have withdrawn from the competition, but I feel a bit sorry for the girl as its not her fault.

• Heart
Oh FFS. I haven’t heard his song, but the level of overreaction just makes me want to vote for him.
He was one of the opening acts rather than a contestant. His song 'popular' was in eurovision in <checks google> 2011

such a load of bollocks though. Apparently showing any ethnicity is only a problem if you're Palestinian...

• Wow

Mrs Fluff

VIP Member
The press conference last night was a mess but I’m happy to see the artists making their feelings known

I suspect Saturday will be a hot mess too. No one can disqualify any of these artists now so they can do whatever they like at a certain point

To think simple calls for peace are also now controversial is just -
Peace peace love love huh
'United by Music' indeed.

CovergirlD

VIP Member
i find it so unfair that Scooch flopped. It seems like the sort of thing that does well in the televote! BUT I think the humour is very British so maybe it went over Europe’s head

jazzbot

VIP Member
I’m in awe of Bambie. Stunning art brought to the stage. It honestly looked like a 3 min film, it was hard to believe that was performed live with just 2 performers. They can sing, dance and act and the stage presence is off the wall. How an independent self funded artist pulled that off is nothing short of incredible. Back in January they made their costume themselves and look what happens when they’re given budget and a stage. I adore the Irish mythical and pagan history in it, I really think that’s a beautiful and unique part of Irish culture. It’s the best piece I’ve ever seen performed on a stage. Anyway enough of my gushing! The witch must be crowned! For Irish art and music!

👑

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
Well they jumped up in the odds as soon as those results were leaked - I even put money on them 🤣. We are absolutely screwed if they win. What makes it even worse is it is a very jury friendly song and they would really have to put her far from the top 10 for her not to win and I don’t see that happening. 40% is absolutely insane and it’s not as if the Jewish population in Italy is larger than anywhere else- the UK, German, Swedish televote result will look the same. What a nightmare. I Will be giving all my votes to croatia as I believe he is the only one that can come close to counteracting Israel’s votes. But I’m not hopeful.

In other news I am glad they put Olly as late as possible in the first half!
Is this really true about the Italy televote. The information has been taken down from Reddit.
Whats going on? I was expecting Israel to do really badly.

I couldn't care less about Olly and his toilet fest or the awful Irish screamer.

Reactions: 9

Clovis

VIP Member
The Whoa Whoa is very catchy. Best song so far for me (haven't listened to any previews).

• Heart
Reactions: 9