Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

monza

VIP Member
Sooo I watch the rehersal right now and I'm literally shaking 😻 😻 😻 😻 😻
The audience roars wooooah so loudly

I'm so fucking proud!!!
He was a reserve in national contest ffs!!!
They all worked so hard!!!
Vocals are SO improved!!!

Can't wait for tomorrow 🇭🇷🇭🇷🇭🇷🇭🇷🇭🇷

Sorry, I can't keep calm 😆😆

• Heart
Reactions: 7

kachoochoo

VIP Member
think it speaks volumes that rylan and scott didn't really say anything about Israel and kinda sounded a bit awkward tbh

I do understand the idea of 'one singer doesn't represent their government's views', but Golan did say at interview she would be joining the IDF upon her return post-Eurovision. I think that's a very different scenario to, for instance, many of Russia's Eurovision acts who have had to flee their home country because of their anti-Russian narrative views.

Mrs Fluff

VIP Member
Yep the pressure on Olly trying to make him withdraw has been absolutely ridiculous, calling him complicit in genocide, littering his twitter feed with pics of dead babies etc just because he's in the same competion that features an Israeli entry. Totally unfair and unreasonable, of course Israel and Palestine is important in life but at the same time we need some relief and fun and calm time away from the horrors of the world, not everything needs to be spoiled and miserable.

No doubt other countries' acts have been under the same pressure. I agree that any country that's involved in an international conflict should simply be excluded even if that does mean half the entrants being removed!
400 artists in Ireland signed an open letter asking Bambie Thug to withdraw. One of the signatories had been favourite to win the national selection back in January but didn't. Except in January when she competed the conflict was well underway.

• Angry
  • Sick

kachoochoo

VIP Member
'dizzy' sounds so much like 'it's a sin'

brilliant song, great choice of artist, he will come 20th and we will be happy about it

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
I've listened to a few of the songs now and love Croatia. That's the one I'll be voting for! 😍
---
See, the thing is Eastern European countries might not like this...I realise this is controversial
Yes I was wondering if this will actually be censored in a few countries. After all it gives off vibes of a gang bang in a toilet 😁
Still at least its not boring 😴

• Heart

Rach88

VIP Member
Once I saw Loreen's name appear I knew it was a done deal. I don't get it tbh. I didn't like Tattoo or .... Euphoria 😲
Same I sighed hard when she won her national selection no I don't don't mind euphoria so much but tattoo was awful and she didn't exactly look pleased to be there either

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
It might be worth running a book as to when there is a stage invasion/protest ala SuRie and during what country's performance. If Israel make the final someone might try then.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Just call the whole thing off, say that Israel won so that everyone can move on. The EBU made an absolute mess out of this year‘s competition. Let Israel compete for all I care, they always have. But suppressing critical voices and calls for ceasefire or sympathy for innocent civilians in Gaza - that‘s evil and they know it.
But it's not. It's a song contest and the rules have always been there is no politics. Ukraine have been pulled up before (prior to the Russian invasion) for having political lyrics. It's not new. The contestants and countries participating know this.

• Heart