Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
Am I seriously the only person who doesn’t watch the previews and goes into the final without having heard any of the songs?
I am such an amateur 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 9

CovergirlD

VIP Member
what a ride the last 48hrs have been. I went from being on an absolute high seeing our staging pics- shocked beyond belief (top 10 here we come) to seeing that clip… more like bottom 5 again. It’s such a shame because they’ve put so much work into it but it’s just too much for Eurovision. It almost comes across as a joke act as opposed to slick. We can also expect to get 0 from every eastern country in the televote and jury. I can already see the Azerbaijan jury putting the UK at 26th place with no hesitation.
---
It’s also very sad for Olly, he’s found all the calls for him to boycott really hard, but just for him to present this and come last?? The social media activists are going to absolutely rinse him after Saturday night. I sound pessimistic but I’m a Eurovision die hard and always want us to thrive but I’m managing expectations. Our press will rip into him, and Europe will not be on board.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member
Olly Alexander is a great pick. Finally someone who screams "Eurovision" and has a ready made fanbase all over the continent. We were 12s to win before the announcement and now he's been slashed to 11/2 with Bet Victor. We stand a genuine chance.

Reactions: 8

conrea37

VIP Member
IMG_7107.png

It’s been bothering me all show what the dress reminds me of and it’s just hit me

• Haha
  • Heart

Windermere

VIP Member
Dare I say I prefer I wrote a song ???

It's still a solid pop song though, a little bit anticlimax as I think a lot of people had high hopes because it was Olly and a well known producer

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
Icl the vocal issues aren’t giving ‘I’m holding back 🤪’ because they are issues Olly regularly has. He’s deffo got a capable voice but it’s quite thin in style. He also hasn’t got the vocal flexibility to execute some of the runs and stuff he attempts to do in the song. It will be a hit or miss situation and let’s just hope he’s lucky when it counts- that includes tonight because the fandom will tear him apart if he’s not on tonight and it’s terrible for momentum.

with regards to the sexual stuff- it’s still erotic and very gay but in the context it’s not as jarring. ALSO the dancers don’t do the tongues in that red section!!! So it makes the doggy style SLIGHTLY more palatable.
Olly isn't a strong singer IMO. He has an average voice which is nothing special.
There's many vocalists than can sound fine on a recording but they're not so good live. Mae who we had last year also falls into this category.

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
It might be worth running a book as to when there is a stage invasion/protest ala SuRie and during what country's performance. If Israel make the final someone might try then.
I hope there isnt anything like that on the night.
I want to watch a song contest not political protests and the only flags I want to see are the national flags.

• Heart

Lilu22

VIP Member
Serious question now, where is Måns?!😂 He normally rocks up to every other Eurovision but he appears to be nowhere 🤣🙈

• Haha
Might be controversial but I don’t think a Russian act should have been excluded. It isn’t some young singer’s fault their government decides to do shit.
It only seems to be certain countries that get lumped into a homogenous mass as well.

All Israelis are evil government supporters but nobody would ever describe all Brits as being fully behind Sunak’s Rwanda scheme or all Americans as having been Trump supporters a few years back - and if they tried there would be outrage from the same people who are currently lumping all Israelis in as genociders.

Murphygirl

Chatty Member
Ooh like Croatia, wasn’t sure at the start but was getting right into it by the end. This is getting my vote

• Heart