Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

fxckmanet

Chatty Member
I won’t be boycotting Eurovision but I do wish they’d be disqualified from the competition. I think it’s a massive double standard to disqualify Russia but not Isreal.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

monza

VIP Member

There are no words to describe the feeling as Croatian fan after years and years and years of nothing

We always hoped to be on the left side of the table at BEST and now there is a real chance of winning with this energy bomb

🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺

• Heart
Reactions: 19
What gets me... is last year Ireland had a great song, I really liked it.

And then they put the lead singer in a gold jumpsuit with an enormous camel toe. WHY? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

1715094407219.png

so big it looks like his arse is on backwards.

• Haha
Reactions: 17

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
I was hoping that Israel wouldn't qualify for the final as I want to listen to a song contest and not hear about politics. Their song is OK but I really hope it doesn't win because its not the best.

Please can people not come on this thread to make childish posts about the conflict 🙏
Most of us here just want to have a bit of fun discussing the songs and daft costumes.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
Don't be ridiculous. I've watched Eurovision for about 45 years. I think I know what Eurovision is about. I'm out of this thread.
Please don't go we need people who love the song competition not spoiling for a fight over a political situation that none of us can do anything about.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Mrs Fluff

VIP Member
Whoever said it was all so much simpler 40 years ago (or even 30 for that matter) was dead right. Back then you might have a preview programme on telly a week or two before and then the (one) show itself, and as far as my younger self was concerned the biggest controversy would have been the UK giving us (Ireland) nul points (mind you it worked both ways 😅).

Now it is getting to be more exhausting than fun. And the actual contest hasn't even taken place yet.

Reactions: 14

knivesnflowers

VIP Member
their song is apparently on it's 14th (?) revision because of political lyrics, if that's the case then it's against the longstanding rules of the competition and they should be removed (belarus, georgia 2009)

if we're talking personal opinions, they shouldn't've been allowed to compete in the first place. all out genocide shouldn't be celebrated, it'll always be free palestine as far as i'm concerned.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 13

Ilaariaa

VIP Member
It only seems to be certain countries that get lumped into a homogenous mass as well.

All Israelis are evil government supporters but nobody would ever describe all Brits as being fully behind Sunak’s Rwanda scheme or all Americans as having been Trump supporters a few years back - and if they tried there would be outrage from the same people who are currently lumping all Israelis in as genociders.
Except the whole argument for Israel murdering Palestinians is that they are defending themselves against Hamas. Thus lumping all Palestinians together with Hamas. So which is it?

Merpedy

VIP Member
She’s there representing a State and a Broadcaster that is actively supporting and encouraging what’s happening in Gaza

She chose to do that

londongirl2001

VIP Member
I‘m so unenthusiastic about this year‘s ESC :( it’s not just the Israel issue, it’s just that I know already that the juries will have a favorite again that they will over-mark in order to override the audience’s votes. You can tell that after Italy‘s and Ukraine‘s wins over the jury winners they wanted to make sure that Sweden won last year and even though I didn’t hate that entry, it was all just so eyeroll-worthy.
I’ve watched Eurovision all my life, had parties and everything on the night - not feeling it this year :(

Reactions: 12
At least this year we'll actually get a 'contest' rather than Loreen being obviously better than everyone else and swanning around knowing it ;)

Although I may go and make a cup of tea when Windows95 man comes on because it's unlistenable to me.

P.S. I've just realised that she'll be there as last years winner so still swanning around knowing it...

londongirl2001

VIP Member
Really happy for Ireland, it’s been too many years since they last qualified, and they’re back with a cool entry 😍

• Heart

Merpedy

VIP Member
The press conference last night was a mess but I’m happy to see the artists making their feelings known

I suspect Saturday will be a hot mess too. No one can disqualify any of these artists now so they can do whatever they like at a certain point

To think simple calls for peace are also now controversial is just -
Peace peace love love huh