Eurovision Song Contest 2024

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Olly Alexander is a great pick. Finally someone who screams "Eurovision" and has a ready made fanbase all over the continent. We were 12s to win before the announcement and now he's been slashed to 11/2 with Bet Victor. We stand a genuine chance.

Reactions: 7
I'm really excited and he seems genuinely grateful and excited to do it feel like this is the earliest we've, annouched it

Reactions: 6
Excited to hear the song, I feel like coming pretty soon! It’s confirmed that it’s a uptempo song & co-written with Danny L Harle.
Hopefully they get the backing vocals right for the moments it’s needed - Mae could’ve done with more this year.

I heard several countries are boycotting because of the Gaza conflict and Israels inclusion in the contest. Does anyone know of any others?

Although at least, given Australia being allowed in, I no longer have to explain to people every year that the European Broadcasting Area =/= Continental Europe. Anyone within the EBA can join the Union and be eligible to participate. This includes all of North Africa and much of the Middle East, although they choose not to do so.

Ailsha best chance of winning I think and could even be a qualifier if gets to Malmo
I do like the Doomsday Blue song. Problem is the Late Late Show viewing public who'll be the public vote and I can't see them voting for anything other than middle of the road

Reactions: 2
I do like the Doomsday Blue song. Problem is the Late Late Show viewing public who'll be the public vote and I can't see them voting for anything other than middle of the road
Quoting myself, it's Doomsday Blue that has been selected. I'm kind of obsessed but it's quite bonkers. A sink or swim kind of song.

Quoting myself, it's Doomsday Blue that has been selected. I'm kind of obsessed but it's quite bonkers. A sink or swim kind of song.
Watched it myself it's very bonkers I'll take back the comment I made about the 'bland' one being picked liked go tobann too just glad the that Erica weren't picked that song was like 10 years out of date one thing I thought was pointless was all the chit chat think it's luxenbourg national selection tonight

Olly Alexander teaser:

I'm not sold yet... but I'll wait and hear the whole thing before I pass judgement.

In other news, I watched the Norway final at the week end. Keiino were pipped at the post by Gåte:

Maybe it'll grow on me.

Reactions: 3
Olly Alexander teaser:

I'm not sold yet... but I'll wait and hear the whole thing before I pass judgement.

In other news, I watched the Norway final at the week end. Keiino were pipped at the post by Gåte:

Maybe it'll grow on me.
Sounds quite promising! But I worry it might get lost in the similar sounding disco songs in Eurovision

Reactions: 1
Sounds quite promising! But I worry it might get lost in the similar sounding disco songs in Eurovision
Catchy but not standout. Poppy songs tend to get lost in Eurovision these days, it's really tricky to find a song that will stand out as well in Iceland as Azerbaijan, that's how big Eurovision is now these days. Sam Ryder almost managed it but that song was exceptional

Reactions: 4
sounds *exactly* like you'd expect an olly for eurovision song to sound tbqh

ehhh, what do I know though? I hated space man and I loved I wrote a song 🙃

he'll put on a great show whatevs

also, petra is hosting! yayyyy! no mans tho ☹

Reactions: 3
sounds *exactly* like you'd expect an olly for eurovision song to sound tbqh

ehhh, what do I know though? I hated space man and I loved I wrote a song 🙃

he'll put on a great show whatevs

also, petra is hosting! yayyyy! no mans tho ☹
Hasn't Petra hosted it like 1000 times?

• Haha